Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I would like to share this with ya'll
Sled Driver:

rcman50166 posted:

I'm not sure what the legality of this is, but there appears to be a .pdf of it as well, for us poor folk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Can anyone recommend any books covering green berets in vietnam?

Or anything about the Montegards?

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
awesome suggestions thanks

but is this legit or are you loving with me? is this like Matterhorne for special forces or theres a joke going over my head

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Matterhorne is amazing. If you liked it, Sympathy For The Devil is the same sort of book from a more personal perspective. It follows one kid in special forces. The author based it on his own experiences. It was recommended to me in this thread I think, and I was initially doubtful as to the quality bc the cover art looks like it was designed by a 13 year old, and the title was sort of eye-rolling imo, but its very very good.

E: further up on this page actually

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Seconding Coldest Winter, amazing book. Highly recommended

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Mustang posted:

Pretty sure you're thinking of Inside Delta Force by Eric Haney, who isn't very highly regarded by his peers.

It's def this book. Why isn't Haney liked?

Hunting the Jackal is a cool book btw by Mr. Billy Waugh who is a certified bad rear end. I mean look at this poo poo

He was SOG in Vietnam, performed one of, if not the first HALO jumps, chased Bin Laden around Sudan (I think), and was active in Iraq for OIF and the Battle of Tora Bora in Afghanistan. CIA book called Jawbreaker even mentions him. I read it for entertainment, def a fun read.

• Locked thread