Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
J.M. Moriarty's Ground Attack Vietnam

One of the best books out of Vietnam. Moriarty is realistic about what his job was and has some amazingly intense stories about flying the OV-10 in Vietnam and even a good story about making an rear end out of the Great Santini himself. Dude doesn't see himself as a badass, just a competent pilot who understood the gravity of the situation without letting it define his personality.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0804110654/ov10broncoassoci

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

GAS CURES KIKES posted:

I haven't laughed so hard in a long time as I did when I read this.

Well played. If your gonna carebear troll GiP at least be funny. Sorry you got probated man :(

The last one made me laugh

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

gleep gloop posted:

Speaking of GRRM the Tales of Dunk and Egg are pretty good. Three short novellas set 90 years before AGOT about a big badass knight and his squire's adventures. It's game of thronsey but without the weird sex scenes, but with plenty of long detailed scenes describing dinner.

Also the popular theory is Brienne of Tarth is Duncan's grand daughter

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Mustang posted:

Hopefully Amazon will add more/better authors to their Kindle Unlimited over time. I remember Netflix streaming being mostly lovely low quality movies when it first launched.

yeah, the first year was terrible. poo poo didn't start getting good until they started putting on TV shows. King of the Hill getting put on was the turning point

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

the gently caress is a special ops battlefield?

Sounds like a lovely map with too many sniper rifle drops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
The Korean War was packed to the gills with moments that make the Hollywood version of 300 look like a couple of 7 year olds playing with Nerf guns

• Locked thread