Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mokhtar belmokhtar
May 8, 2013

by T. Finninho
Catch 22 teaches you everything you need to know imo

Also don't normally read submarine books but blind mans bluff is great !!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mokhtar belmokhtar
May 8, 2013

by T. Finninho

Rotten Punk posted:

Geneva Convention - This is the illustrated edition, since you probably don't read so good.

Universal Declaration of Human Rights

The Face of Imperialism

Lucky Star, Vol. 1

lmao :smug:

in all seriousness, my freshman intro to political science prof at cal said these were great so i'll definitely check them out

also they were all checked out at the zucotti people's library :(

mokhtar belmokhtar fucked around with this message at 06:09 on May 17, 2013

mokhtar belmokhtar
May 8, 2013

by T. Finninho

FISTS CURE WOMEN posted:

House by house is a bad book and is most likely all made up.

Why do you say that? Just curious

mokhtar belmokhtar
May 8, 2013

by T. Finninho

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

There's a part where he describes killing a man hand-to-hand. It goes into gory detail about the other guy being able to laugh/gurgle at him despite his face being totally smashed because he's hopped up on epinephrine. There's a bunch of stories like that in the book- nothing impossible, but the details and the way it's written makes parts improbable or embellished.

Cool thanks I've never read it and can't find anyone else calling him out online so was a bit curious

mokhtar belmokhtar
May 8, 2013

by T. Finninho

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Trolled by Moker. Should have seen it coming. :sigh:

What I wasn't trolling at all :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mokhtar belmokhtar
May 8, 2013

by T. Finninho

DRONES CURE HAJI posted:

Lions of Kandahar was pretty good, in the same vein as that I really liked No Way Out. Admittedly, there aren't a lot of books on Iraq and Afghanistan that I haven't read.

did you like this book? http://www.amazon.com/First-In-Offi...ywords=first+in

i borrowed it from a friend and its loving crazy, just never see it mentioned here

dude shopped for war supplies or whatever at REI and had pallets of us dollars and stuff it was pretty crazy to me

• Locked thread