Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

rockamiclikeavandal posted:

Blood Makes the Grass Grow Green by Johnny Rico is the best book about deployed life with no action. The first book I have ever seen that isn't some hooah bullshit or some dark anti war piece. This is just life in the slow lane dealing with dickheads. This guy ain't a hero, he's just some schlub trying to meddle through. Shows what 90% of anyone's time in the military is really like. But don't take my word for it:

The only book I like more than this book is http://www.amazon.com/Blood-Risers-...d+on+the+risers

But seriously this Johnny Rico dude is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

Koesj posted:

I'm trying to like Johnny Rico's Blood Makes the Grass Grow Green but, being about two fifths in, the pacing is starting to get really grating :(

House to House by David Bellavia was a big eye opener for me btw, I think it got mentioned in the earlier thread.

House by house is a bad book and is most likely all made up.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Beating dudes to death with my plates erryday

• Locked thread