Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Elendil004 posted:

Riding Rockets. This is a book about being an astronaut. It's not a hoorah USA USA history book, it's a down to earth story about what it takes, and how sex works on the Space Shuttle. It's nice to see the veil stripped away and see that deep down, even the guy who flies the shuttle makes a fart joke here and there. Thanks Sharkytm

Hey thanks for posting this thread- I read this a while back. It was a good read, the only problem I had with it was having to sit through him bitching about Sally Ride, and bitching about John Glenn flying in 1998. Otherwise it was a good time reading about space boners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

tuluk posted:

Seconding this.
It's the one of the best anti-war/anti-military book I've ever read.
Despite it being a scifi book, it has the most realistic enlisted.txt viewpoint I seen in mil-scifi books.
(enlisted always get hosed over, Officers are Nobles, only officers deserve multiple "L"'s in their names).
edit: free kindle copy claimed by kombatmedik

Thanks again for this man, I can't wait to read it!

• Locked thread