Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Absolut Fabulous
Dec 12, 2006

The last mosquito that bit me had to book into the Betty Ford clinic.
Does anyone have any suggestions for high-quality, grain-free cat food that is still relatively low calorie? I've been feeding Solid Gold Indigo Moon to my cats for a few years and they've been slowly putting on weight (1-1.5 lbs./yr.) since then. I've switched from free-feeding to 2x meals per day, but this does not seem to have corrected the problem. Currently, I'm looking at Nature's Variety Instinct Healthy Weight, Wellness CORE Indoor Formula, and Nature's Recipe Grain-Free Indoor; don't know if any of these have any real advantage over the others or if there are better ways of maintaining a healthier weight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absolut Fabulous
Dec 12, 2006

The last mosquito that bit me had to book into the Betty Ford clinic.
For what it's worth, I had a vet several years ago that actually was a consulting vet to Science Diet and he openly admitted that there were better options for healthy animals—Prescription Diet was the only reason he even participated.

That aside, I'm currently feeding Wellness Core Indoor to my three cats. They're doing well on it (feeding non-indoor variants turns them into little cat sausages, regardless of portion control), but I recently picked up a bag of the RawRev variant as it was on sale due to cosmetic bag damage. They've been all about the freeze-dried turkey liver inside. Are there any real nutritional advantages to feeding freeze-dried raw meats, though? Is it worth the premium/better to just mix in freeze-dried raw from other manufacturers?