Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

I was feeding my cats EVO wet food only, but I went to the store to get more yesterday and found there was none. Apparently they are having distribution issues due to the whole recall thing, despite this being wet food vs dry food. There isn't anywhere else in town that carries this food, and the guy behind the counter mentioned that natura was having some pretty serious issues due to getting dropped by the major chains and might fold. So now I'm looking for a new food for the cats. I'm a poor student at the moment, I feed wet only because my cats are worth it, but the ~$50 dollars a month on the EVO food was pretty much the most I can afford. They love dry food, but it makes the litter box an absolute nightmare, and I'd like to avoid it if at all possible.

What wet food brands would you guys recommend as comparable to the EVO chicken/turkey without breaking the bank? If I could get natures instinct for that price, I'd probably move to that, but it's more than twice as expensive at the local store. Nothing else that I saw was a 95% formula.

It looks like the instinct cans only come in 5.5 oz, I was getting the 13.2 oz EVO cans. Wellness comes in similar sized cans, 12.5 oz, but doesn't appear to be a 95% food. Would I be doing them a huge disservice by switching to that, money allowing?

Olothreutes fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Sep 30, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

oishii posted:

How many cans do you go through a month? I've been feeding Wellness canned food and it seems to be pretty similar? I buy the cases of 12oz cans on Amazon, and you can even do Subscribe & Save with them which knocks the price down to like $23 after the 15% discount. It's pretty hard to find the big cans of cat food in any store here... I've asked before and they just say "nobody needs that much cat food" :doh:

edit: oops just saw you have already considered it!

They eat about 26 cans (just over 2 cases) every month, for the 13.2 oz cans. When I couldn't get the EVO I picked up a case of 5.5 oz cans of the Instinct stuff, and they love it. It disappears much faster than the EVO did, which is a problem since it's more than twice as expensive. The big issue is that I can't get food with fish ingredients, it screws them up pretty bad. I'm having a really hard time figuring out a cost effective solution to this, I'm coming to appreciate just how good that food was for the dollar.