Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Syfe posted:

I have an issue where one of my cats is fat but the other is a healthy normal weight.

Zavi, the fat one, he eats constantly throughout the day. We were told that Royal Canin (http://www.royalcanin.ca/index.php/Pet-Store-Products/Cat-Diets/Indoor/Indoor-Light-40) would be good for the overweight cat to help trim him down. But is it okay for me to have weight loss food down when my other cat is already a healthy weight? Will she be okay eating it?

quote:

Ingredients
Chicken meal, corn gluten meal, corn, wheat gluten, pea fiber, rice hulls, natural flavors, brown rice, ...

Another thing that would be good for an overweight cat is to give it slightly less food than it is currently eating. I dunno that I'd feed that food to my cat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

dopaMEAN posted:

Definitely the first pet food that hasn't made me feel vaguely ill.

You're, uh, you're supposed to feed it to the cats.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

LoreOfSerpents posted:

Gar or anyone else who feeds Wellness Core (or any Wellness, I guess), does the consistency often change radically? I picked it up because HelloSailorSign spoke highly of it, but the latest batch has been mushy as hell. Looking around online, this seems to be a common problem that people are reporting with the new batches, but Wellness doesn't seem to be responding to it very well. :(

Trophy gets Wellness core canned exclusively (with healthy indulgence once a week or so).
The beef/venison/lamb is almost always very very solid, the turkey/duck also seems to be very consistent in texture but not as solid as the beef. The chicken is sometimes rather mushy, and sometimes less mushy. It's the softest of the three, and I can rarely get the 1/3 can chunks out in one piece. I think it just has to do with the type of protein in the can, and have never worried about it. I do not feed anything w/ fish in it so I can't speak to those flavors.

Edit: I live in the desert and I'm rather certain heat isn't going to be a problem for you over in Seattle.

El Gar fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Jun 10, 2013

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Mr. Belding posted:

Maybe this thread just isn't for me. I'll look for a place where people are talking about that kind of stuff I guess.

"I will look around till I find people who agree with me" is the opposite of developing an informed opinion on a matter.

El Gar
Apr 12, 2007

Hey Trophy...

Mr. Belding you seem like a nice poster and Papillons are my favorite dog, but this is your first dog. Also your posts started by talking about 'low carb' food and then instantly went off deep into the minutiae of mineral balances in pet food and raw diets. It may be worthwhile to consider the blurb in the OP about raw feeding. Your dog is going to do just fine on a higher quality food you buy at the pet store, which is in fact what your first post implied you were going to do before you somehow leapt off the deep end. Please come back to Sanityville and discuss this like a person who is not a child.