Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lipumira
May 6, 2007

FIRE!

grapey posted:

I'm interested to know about this too. Right now I feed my cats fish (in wet canned food) prob twice a week.

I had a picky cat who would ONLY eat fish based food and I asked my vet last year about if it was harmful or anything. She said it wasn't an issue... now he will eat some chicken based cans every now and then so that's nice but both he and Pearla are getting mostly fish based canned 2x a day.

If only kibble didn't give them the runs....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lipumira
May 6, 2007

FIRE!
Anyone have any suggestions for getting cats less interested in food? Mine are so food aggressive now that they turn into complete assholes whenever anyone even looks at the kitchen or stands up from the couch. I've managed to get them to sit and (mostly) shut up before I put their bowls on the floor, but before that they are out of control.

They aren't fat, they have lost a little weight over the last year (like maybe 1/4 - 1/2 lb each) and the vet says not to get them skinnier but they are fine. They each get a can of food a day (generally Tiki Cat or Weruva) spread over 2 feedings and another 1/8 cup of kibble (I think I'm back to EVO but I can't remember). They act like they are STARVING. I did an experiment and gave them each about a half cup to see what they would do and they ate EVERY kibble and then screamed for more. I'd been thinking that if they truly were hungry that I would give them a bit as a free feed but that obviously won't work

Generally, I love these guys… but they are SO horrible when they are like this they just suck.

Anyone have any ideas?