Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

So Balen had some protein in his urine (did a billion tests and he's healthy as a horse) and after talking to the vet, we're heavily considering swapping him to a lower protein diet, probably with grains. And probably Amy with him since she's getting to be "old" for a dane too. I eyeballed wellness's senior but why the hell does it have garlic in it? I'm also eyeballing earthborn's adult formula and a few others. What would you guys do? Everyone's currently on Taste of the Wild, lamb formula/sierra mountain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

wtftastic posted:

How do you feel about Blue Buffalo or Wellness? Both those brands have lower proteins content and I think both offer senior and lamb formulations. Bailey has done well on both, but he's young yet.

The Wellness is confusing me because I don't know why they have garlic in it. Garlic's not great for dogs. What're you doing, Wellness?

I'm a little wary about blue just because when they have a recall it's not usually for something relatively minor.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

HelloSailorSign posted:

Garlic isn't good for dogs, but the amounts present in almost all commercial dog food is negligible to the amounts needed the cause clinical signs of garlic or onion toxicity. I too am not a fan of those ingredients showing up in many of the "premium" foods but it doesn't seem to do any harm currently.

See, I'm still wary of it because Balen's 8. 8 is not young for a dane no matter how you slice it. What would you do in my shoes?

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Use a wire dog crate.