Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crooked Booty
Apr 2, 2009
arrr

Tiny Deer posted:

The only thing she'll consistently eat as a wet food is Fancy Feast. Her dry food is Orijen Cats and Kittens, she loves it, she's eaten it her entire life since joining us. It's just wet food where she wants cheeseburgers over steak.
Personally I would just feed her Fancy Feast and Orijen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crooked Booty
Apr 2, 2009
arrr

Glass Hand posted:

Anyway, while the blood+urine test showed nothing that would suggest vomiting, my vet* mentioned that the urinary stats were borderline (pH 7.0, crystals in urine) which while not yet dangerous could mean stones down the line, which would be bad and expensive to deal with.
Putting a cat with no urinary symptoms on a prescription urinary diet because of crystals in the urine is bad medicine. Crystals are extremely common and not a good predictor for bladder stones. Find a new vet.

Disclaimer: Maybe there is more to the story than the info you've posted here. I'm a vet but obviously have not examined your cat so who knows.

Crooked Booty
Apr 2, 2009
arrr

Glass Hand posted:

God drat it, why is it so hard to find a good vet. My first one lost his license for dog-punching, the second one couldn't use a scale, and now this.
See if there's an ABVP feline or canine/feline vet in your area, or try an AAHA-accredited hospital with good reviews.

Crooked Booty
Apr 2, 2009
arrr

crowbb posted:

I did try to order the food online after the vet suggested the food and they denied the prescription. They did this once before with the heartworm preventatives my dogs take. That time though they called and said to come in and they'd charge the same price. This time they told me we'd talk at my follow-up visit, which is in 2 more weeks.
What state do you live in? In most places veterinarians cannot legally deny you getting your meds/food from a pharmacy of your choosing.

Crooked Booty
Apr 2, 2009
arrr

eager beaver posted:

Thanks! Trying a different protein was on my mind, but since she was fine with the SD chicken I guess I sort of ruled it out... although maybe all the fillers in the SD made her poop normal.
If the “fillers” are making your dog’s stool normal, are “fillers” really a bad thing? Some dogs do better on higher fiber foods, for example. I would probably just feed the science diet if that agrees with her. Your dog is not intolerant to chicken if science diet agrees with her, but she might be intolerant to super high protein/fat diets, which plenty of dogs are.