Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED
So after seeing this thread, I looked at the food we feed our three cats. Apparently we recently switched from some other food - I think Iams? - Purina ONE Indoor Advantage. Since Purina ONE is in the awful foods category, and the OP said that anything with "indoor" in the name was probably worse than average, I decided that we could probably stand to feed our cats better - especially after one of my cats kept sneaking bits of actual meat from our sick dog and his coat MASSIVELY improved. I went out and bought the Indigo Moon 15 pound bag after the mention in the OP, and crunching the numbers myself. However, I compared the nutritional values tables and calories, they don't seem all that different to my untrained eye. Indigo Moon had more protein but not enough to raise my eyebrows, and it only has about 60 more calories per cup, which isn't that giant of a leap, though it probably adds up quite a lot over the fifteen pounds. I know the ingredients list is important and gives an idea of the proportions of actual carbohydrates, but I'm not really experienced enough at scrutinizing this sort of thing.

Can someone with more experience/knowledge than me explain if Indigo Moon would be way better for the cats, a little better, or what? I'm kinda feeling like a fool if I've effectively leaped before looking. And proportionally, how much less should I be giving to them compared to Purina ONE if/when I switch them over? We fill their bowls twice a day, in the morning and evening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU