Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NarwhalParty
Jul 23, 2010
My two year old dog has been on Iams her whole life. I live in the middle of nowhere, so it's hard for me to find anything other than worse brands. Problem is, she has been having digestive troubles lately. Mostly it's a gurgly stomach, occasional diarrhea, and occasional vomiting. She was put on Science Hill digestive for 2 wks (with a combo of Carafate) and did fine those weeks. The food contains corn, though. She's going to be on her prescription diet for the rest of the month and the vet told us to change foods.

How can her problem be fixed with a corn filled food? Also, how does 4health rate on the list? The ingredients look similar to TOTW and the guy at the store said it was very similar.

Edit: found a link with ingredients
http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/store/4healthtrade%3B-salmon--potato-formula-for-adult-dogs-18-lb-bag
then they have a grain free formula
http://www.tractorsupply.com//Produ...51?cm_vc=-10005

Second edit : according to Consumer Affairs, there has been several complaints for the same Iams mini chunks the past few months. Looks like probably a bad batch. I've contacted the company.

NarwhalParty fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jul 5, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NarwhalParty
Jul 23, 2010

Quoting this since it hasn't been answered yet. Any opinions? I put my dog on the grain free turkey and potato formula and her stomach is a lot better. I can't speak for any improvements in shedding.