Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

Are these the same, nutritionally, as these? My cat likes the Spa Selects way more than the Healthy Gourmet flavors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

Red Red Red posted:

I have a cat and I feed her dry food for the most part. My boyfriend has a Manchester Terrier who started coming over for visits and inviting himself to the cat food. Is that ok to let him do? I mean there is nothing inherently different about dry cat food that is going to kill a dog right? Or do I need to hide it when he comes over?

Cat food is much higher in protein than dog food, and while a little won't hurt him, he might have digestive issues if he eats a lot. I'd say put it away when he comes over.

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

How long have they been eating 1/2 cup a day?

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

Yeah, you should cut down a bit. I've had the same issue with Solid Gold, it's much more calorie dense than lower-tier kibbles and my cat has gained a pound on it, so I'm also in the process of reducing the amount she gets.

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

Emasculatrix posted:

I'm starting to get concerned with my cat's (lack of) weight. She has 24 hour access to Wellness canned cat food. Is there something else I can feed her to help her fatten up a bit? In case anyone asks, she's not sick and has seen a vet recently.

Just curious, but how does she have 24 access to wet food? Are you just leaving it out?

Will she eat kibble? You could supplement with a calorie-dense one like solid gold indigo moon. It's got something like 450 cal in a cup.

E: also, is she actually underweight? What's her body score?

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

Emasculatrix posted:

So I added some dry food to her diet. I couldn't find Indigo Moon but I did find Innova Evo. Over the past week of having both wet and dry food, she's filled out a little and I'm no longer worried about her. Success!

Great! :) Glad to hear it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

Why the hell do "indoor" flavors of canned Blue Buffalo cat food have more calories than the regular ones? Makes no sense.