Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
I have a 5-6 year old Yorkshire Terrier I adopted a half-year ago that's a really picky eater. We bought him some Blue Buffalo when we first got him, the Petsmart folks recommended it and I found the online reviews pretty favorable. He's never really truly treated it as anything more than "begrudgingly tolerable", eating it but only in smaller portions than what was recommended at meals. We tried switching him to wet dog food for awhile, but it's given him loose and messy stools which is a big problem if he goes in the house. So we're swapping him back to dry and a co-worker of mine recommended Royal Canin: Terrier and the reviews I've read about it are some of the most divisive I've ever seen.

Most of them rave about it, saying how great it is, that their terrier would gobble the stuff up, even picky terriers who various reviewers had tried 4-10 different dry dog foods finally hit the magic bullet with this one, and it's apparently good for their dental hygiene as well. Then I read several negative reviews complaining how many fillers are in it and what utter overpriced poo poo it is. Every review was either a five star rave or a one star put down with no middle ground whatsoever....til I came to this thread and found it ranked "Acceptable" (or average I would presume) in the OP :v:

So is it worth trying for a dog that didn't like the supposedly superior Blue Buffalo, or does anyone else here own or know another picky Yorkie that likes another kind of kibble more?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU