Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

I have a 10-year-old cat whose buddy recently passed away. Next Tuesday, we're going to pick up a friend for him from the shelter who is considerably younger (4 months old).

Once they get over the introductory period and are eating communally, how do I handle feeding? Assuming separating them for feeding time until the kitten is on adult food is not feasible, am I better off feeding kitten food to both or adult food to both? Is kitten-specific food even a necessity?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lamb
Mar 9, 2004

A single act of carelessness leads to the eternal loss of beauty

NinjaPete posted:

I need some advice. Our kitty is over weight and we have been struggling with it for a year now. She gets exercise and we measure her portions but she is staying steady at 11.5 pounds. Her vet recommended looking for food with fewer calories right now she is on Blue Buffalo Indoor Health dry food. We have done the BB weight control but the effects were minimal. She has been on BB since she was a kitten and I don't know what other brands to try.

So what is a dry food of comparable quality with BB, but fewer calories? Google just tossed up a bunch of brands comparing how awesome they are compared to others, but I didn't find much raw data.

Have you tried Blue Buffalo Longevity (or is that the weight control you referred to)?