Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Goodbye stealing souls, hello stealing booty.
Has anyone ever tried carna4? The rep was at the pet store and handed me a few sample packs. Since I'm hunting for a new food I figured I would give it a shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Goodbye stealing souls, hello stealing booty.

HelloSailorSign posted:

The website hits all the highs of the current fads. I'm glad their AAFCO profile is at least good, but I don't like that they say that giant breed dogs won't overgrow on their food because it's "natural."

The obsession with "sprouted grains" is also odd. If it helps them to get the nutrient levels they need, great. As far as people are concerned that's still a questionable benefit.

I could nitpick for awhile on the science claims, but it looks like a fine food. However, if you need to add things to get your dog to tolerate it, it's not the right food.

Hilariously, their stuff is also kosher as well as organic.

There was apparently a price drop on all their stuff, but even at new prices its still $3-4 dollars more for a 3lb bag vs a 4lb bag of Fromms.

Fromm has such ridiculous names that I almost want to not buy them because it seems ridiculous. Beef fritatta? Really?

Demon_Corsair fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jun 18, 2013