Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
How do I get my fat dumb cat to eat wet food?

She's 9ish? A bit overweight, here's some history:

- I fed her kitten food when she was little, nothing fancy, can't remember the brand.
- Because I didn't know any better, she spent a year or three after that eating FANCY FEAST CANNED :[
- I then switched her gradually to Blue Buffalo dry, rotating varieties. The duck seems to cause her to have a bad allergic reaction, but the other "Natural Evolutionary Diet" varieties seems to do her just fine.
- Lately I've wanted to switch her to a more canned diet for all the typical reasons, but she's really picky about it. I literally bought a can of every variety of Blue Buffalo that doesn't feature duck and have been trying them out on her. Typically, they will just sit in the bowl until I have to throw them out. A lot of times she will just lick off the gravy.

Any tips? Here's the fat princess in her castle:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Maximusi posted:

Buy some of this stuff. I use it as seasoning for my cats when they get tired of the same wet food: http://www.amazon.com/Purina-Fortif...ords=fortiflora

It has animal digest so it's really palatable for cats. I just sprinkle a bit on and mix it together. They love it.

OK, I will give that a try. thanks.