Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Do you know where Sojos fits on those lists? I'm not entirely sure if its a regional food because the distributor is not one of the main three. But I think they are available nationwide. It's a freeze-dried product that you mix with water.

Also NutriSource, it's probably the most popular food we sell. That might be because its a local company.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Looks like Felidae is being renamed to Canidae to have both their dog and cat food under the same brand or something.

I also have a note that says we can't sell Wysong anymore because something on their label doesn't meet a req in MN.

phosdex fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Jul 6, 2013

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

HEGEL CURES THESES posted:

Can I feed Stella and Chewy's freeze-dried raw dog food to cats (example) if I supplement it with taurine myself? Their cat food is something like $30 for a week's supply.

Someone else can better answer that question. But have you looked into the availability of Sojos? http://www.sojos.com/products/cat/sojos-turkey-complete-cat-food

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Diamond is still around. And yes it is kind of strange they licensed the chicken soul for the soul branding.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Eej posted:

So thanks to the recall it's getting hard to get Innova EVO 95% protein canned food for my cat around here since a lot of stores have either stopped carrying it or decreased how much they have on hand. Are all the highly recommended protein foods more or less interchangeable?

Will any of your local stores special order for you? My store innova sales have completely tanked so we don't order much of their stuff anymore. We have a couple items that are requests from long time customers.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

I have a customer whose dog has all kinds of protein allergies so she used to feed him the vegetarian natural balance (which also says it's vegan on the bag). She switched to sojos recently.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Natural balance makes a biscuit style treat that has sweet potato in it. Solid gold distributes (but doesn't make) a softer treat that has sweet potato as well but I'm totally blanking on the brand name.

Bil-jacs makes a puppy size soft treat that is pretty popular with my customers. Can't say anything about the contents of it though.

phosdex fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Jan 28, 2014

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Hunting I would assume. I forget who it is but one of the big brands has a kangaroo meat version I've noticed in the catalog. Pretty sure that comes from population control.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Just a heads up, Solid Gold has changed their bag designs. I thought this was just a graphics thing but just as I was leaving I found a note that said Katz-n-flocken has 3 added ingredients; brocolli, carrot and another veggie I forget.

Not sure what other products may have changed right now.