Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Syfe
Jun 12, 2006

I have an issue where one of my cats is fat but the other is a healthy normal weight.

Zavi, the fat one, he eats constantly throughout the day. We were told that Royal Canin (http://www.royalcanin.ca/index.php/Pet-Store-Products/Cat-Diets/Indoor/Indoor-Light-40) would be good for the overweight cat to help trim him down. But is it okay for me to have weight loss food down when my other cat is already a healthy weight? Will she be okay eating it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syfe
Jun 12, 2006

El Gar posted:

Another thing that would be good for an overweight cat is to give it slightly less food than it is currently eating. I dunno that I'd feed that food to my cat.

Thanks, we've been feeding him less. We had him on Innova EVO weight management but our local pet store stopped carrying it over a recall over tainted food and have said that they're very angry and never carrying that food again. Which upsets me because Zavi was losing weight on it. We moved to Orijen which he binged on whenever it was down and it was impossible to manage between the two cats. So we've been looking for an alternative, looks like we may just have to search for a different pet store in the end though.