Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

onionradish
Jul 6, 2006

That's spicy.
I have an older cat who's been eating canned Wellness for a couple of years, based on the recommendation in the OP. She has a sensitive stomach, though, and if she goes too long without eating (like overnight), sometimes she barfs about 10 minutes after she first eats. As long as I keep a little food out throughout the day, she's fine, but I don't always guess right since there's another cat in the house and I don't want to leave too much out and let it get rotten.

I'm considering trying some other brands to see if they agree with her more. Are any of the canned brands in the OP better suited to a delicate tummy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

onionradish
Jul 6, 2006

That's spicy.

HelloSailorSign posted:

That's difficult because most of the premium foods tend to be richer and thus harder on animals with sensitive stomachs... Though animals can also be sensitive to proteins, so switching from one brand to another may help if the proteins in it were changed.

Have you consulted with your vet on this? The length of time between eating overnight (and seeming correlated with longer times) can sometimes be associated with something called Bilious Vomiting Syndrome where if an animal doesn't eat for a prolonged period of time they throw up, but are totally fine otherwise as long as they get something to eat at more frequent intervals.
Thank you. I'll ask the vet. I'll also try varying the diet a bit.