Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
Do any of you guys have experiences with the Saluki breed? I have been doing a lot of research on them lately, they seem like they are very similar to Greyhounds but they come from Arabia and they look absolutely beautiful.

The only thing holding me back about getting one is that I will be moving to New York again soon. I know they have dog-run parks where you can unleash a dog in a fenced off area and can run its heart out. I also work from home so I think I will be able to walk the dog enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

SachielDVangel posted:

They're pretty cool dogs. Kinda like afghans but with a little less sense of humor, a little more spooky/prissy. Salukis were bred to only ever take hare or gazelle, but afghans took poo poo that would fight back which makes them a bit more robust/confident in the temperament department. We homed one of our afghan puppies to a lady in NYC in an apt. She skates/scooters with Arya daily for miles around the city, takes her to dog parks and has taught her to respect an e-collar so she can be in off-lead areas of the public park. If you want to contact her about living in NYC with a large sighthound, here's her FB: https://www.facebook.com/diana.kassir?fref=ts

Here's Arya offlead somewhere in upstate NY.

Great thanks so much