Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

dog days are over posted:

Goddamn I just love how fuckin chill my whippet Willow is. Tonight's bonfire night in the UK and there's lots of fireworks, but Willow doesn't give a poo poo about them at all. I walked her through a neighbourhood where people were setting off fireworks in their front gardens and she didn't care in the least.

(I knew before walking her tonight that she doesn't care about fireworks, so I wasn't risking freaking her out by doing it.. I just wasn't quite aware of how little she's affected by them)

I dunno if it's a whippet thing or just Willow not having a concept of being afraid because she's the most coddled, babied thing around.

The whippets I've seen were all spooked by anything that moved.

Not a greyhound but my family had a hound/mutt named Polly that seemed almost like she had narcolepsy. We'd find her passed out in the most peculiar places. Halfway up the stairs, sprawled out on the couch with the head hanging off like she'd been shot, sleeping against the front door so you couldn't open it without waking her up. She just always seemed to work her into the strangest, contorted positions. Nose buried in a cushion was one of her favorites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Would you describe her gait as, in any way, clomping?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
What team do you live near so I can root against them? Poor dog.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They like to lie on tile to cool off. :science:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
All sighthounds are hard to read imo. I think it's the big eye/droopy ear combo.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I've yet to meet a dog that didn't love collar scritches.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yup. Holy trinity of dog schritches is collar, ear and thigh massage.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Well, I mean, "sight"hounds.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Genovera posted:

Tess loves blankets more than pillows:

What even is this?

Rhoga's parents bought a new sectional and we got their old one. We use three brown blankets to act as a slipcover...

Bonus closeup:

I've found my spirit animal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
My walker used to do the same thing.