Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

Husker had his ears up a lot more often than Vastra seems to. She tends to put hers out to the side instead. Also his ears were a little stiffer than hers, like they had more cartilage or something.

She's meeting my stepsister's bluetick/pointer/? (big ole spotty hound dog, in other words) Eli today, hopefully they'll be friends.

Unrelated, she's been stealing clean clothes out of my laundry basket. No damage, just dragging them over to her bed while I'm in the shower or something. Guess I need to get off my rear end and put my clothes away...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

When we started discussing a new greyhound, my husband said "I really want a dog who will get up on the couch with us."

Be careful what you wish for - that's his side of the couch she's claimed.

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Husker's racing name was ToTellTheTruth, all one word. Vastra was Rico's Bailey.

We typically refer to all dogs, our own and our friends', as "Haroo" if we don't call them by their names. I'm not entirely sure why it started, but it's definitely become a thing in our household.

Edit: I remember what might be the worst greyhound name I found, when looking up track records. It was "Amber Alert." Seemed really tasteless to me.

One of the dogs in Vastra's adoption group was named Mystery Machine, which I thought was loving awesome.

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

McDragon posted:

Did she take her toy up there with her too? :3:

Yep! She frequently grabs a toy to take with her to the couch. Her favorites seem to be this little blue raccoon and a very similar yellow bear, and then occasionally a plush cauliflower that squeaks.

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Fuzz Feets posted:

Oh gosh I killed the thread it looks like! Quick some thread CPR!

Anyone else going on vacation this year with their hound? We're going to the beach in August with Mr. Reese from the above post.

I may go down to visit my mom at the beach in North Carolina and take Vastra with me, but I haven't decided yet. Our only really planned vacation is a trip to the UK in August, and although technically we could take her (and our friends there would love to meet her) it really isn't worth the effort.

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Vastra's minor resource issues have pretty much evaporated as well. She's letting the cats sleep on the sofa near her these days, which is great. And she doesn't growl if they walk by when she's on her bed with her bone, which was the one that concerned me a little. I think she finally figured out that the cats don't want a big gross bone. She's still weird about other dogs trying to get in her crate, but only if she's inside. My friend's toddler climbed in with her and I was really afraid of what might happen, because she's snarled and snapped at other dogs for that, but she was perfectly happy to let the little one in there. (I know, I know, it should never have happened, the kid's mom was the one in the room with them - I never would have let the kid climb into the crate.)

I wonder if she would like a pool to splash in? Husker only ever went in and stood in the water to cool his feet off, but he didn't really like being wet much. Vastra happily runs around in pouring rain, so maybe she would have a different attitude toward water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Vastra has decided she really likes oranges :3: