Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

6-Ethyl Bearcat
Apr 27, 2008

Go out
Here are some pictures of my friends' rescued greyhound Ally. I think greyhounds have got a pretty good market share in pulling silly dog faces.

ENHANCE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

6-Ethyl Bearcat
Apr 27, 2008

Go out

rhoga posted:

Is sleeping face down normal? I don't think it's normal.
I don't think this dog is normal.

My dog does this sometimes. I think he gets stuck in the middle of sleeping on his front and sleeping on his side, so he just ends up with his face mashed into the bed.

6-Ethyl Bearcat
Apr 27, 2008

Go out

crowtribe posted:

Woo, apparently a change in legislation in my state (Western Australia) allows greyhounds as pets to be assessed for a 'green collar', aka, a muzzle exemption!

Only took 86 years for the change. That's fast by WA reckoning.

Those laws haven't passed yet. They're still being read in Parliament I think. Sadly they're full of other changes which are much worse, such as requiring restricted breed dogs to be neutered by 3 months of age and not allowing them to go to rescue if they get impounded and the owner doesn't want them back. It's pretty lovely that good changes get lumped in with horrible ones.

6-Ethyl Bearcat
Apr 27, 2008

Go out

crowtribe posted:

Back story: a local rescue group puts dogs up in private kennels using donation/personal money when there isn't enough foster carers. My girlfriend and I walk the dogs in the nearby kennel housing 6 rescued dogs, including 3 greys at the moment.

Here's Elliot being a huge spaz:

Edited to resize image.

It is fun to recognise dogs on Facebook from SA and vice versa. Hello WA goon. :3:

6-Ethyl Bearcat
Apr 27, 2008

Go out

a life less posted:

I want one of these.

http://www.doggenetics.co.uk/oddities.html doesn't know much about it. Those are cool-looking dogs though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

6-Ethyl Bearcat
Apr 27, 2008

Go out

Doulos posted:

So I'm married to this particular goonette, and we just brought our new hound home today!

And for the astute observer, yes, that collar does have all the Eeveelutions on it. We are nerds. But Tatianna's done great through this whole crazy day! A 4 hour car ride, a trip to the dog park to get some energy out, stairs (the struggle is real), and a new crate, but she looks quite happy! This is the best day! :3:

She looks like the most proper old lady. I love her already. :3: