Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

megyem posted:

Here are my lesser Greyhounds. After reading up on all of the sighthound breeds, I decided on getting an Italian Greyhound as my first dog despite their potty training issues and fragile structure. Both of my Italian Greyhounds have ended up getting luxating patella surgery (no broken bones yet, knock on wood) and they tend to go to the bathroom inside if they aren't taken out every hour. They are both divas but I do love their spunk and it seems that their bigger cousins don't have the same personality traits (though maybe I haven't met the right Whippets/Greyhounds).

My mom fell in love with both of my Iggies, so once I left for college she held on to them while I looked for a dog that would tolerate being in a crate for a couple of hours while I was gone. I ended up going with a Whippet which has been perfect as they are a pretty healthy breed and IMO the perfect size. Ashton isn't as cuddly as my Iggies but his ability to hold his bladder all day and solid structure are better trade offs.

Out lure coursing

I like greys but I love whippets. Ashton is awesome :3:

Is it actually possible to fully housetrain an Iggie? I've always heard they have issues with potty training, but I don't know anyone with one irl to ask.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

My friend's family has a rescue greyhound (Maggie) and a saluki/greyhound lurcher (Fin).

I have barely any pictures of Maggie. She either ignores me or just tries to shove her face into my treat bag.

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

I'm so sorry, Skoolmunkee. :(

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

pastor of muppets posted:

Speaking of collars, is anyone interested in the Pikachu/Totoro collar I posted a few pages back? I bought it for the black female we were supposed to get that didn't end up working out, and it doesn't really look good on Rory. I asked Khelmar if it was okay to offer it up in this thread. I paid $25 for it on Etsy, but I'm just trying to give it away for free. I'm sure it will look better on someone else's hound than sitting in a drawer in my kitchen. It's a really well made 2-inch wide martingale collar, size M (fits a 13-17 inch neck). If anyone wants it, PM me!

TY pastor :h:

Tortolia posted:

On behalf of Fuzz Feets, here's our match: Mulberry Adam.

dat lil face :3:

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

Kojiro posted:

Passed our home check! Gonna meet some lurcher pups soon, they're super cuties.

Hoping the fact that they're puppies may make it easier to get them used to cats. They're both quite small, mostly whippet probably. Excited :3:

Are you in Lancashire because I swear I have seen these dogs in my local rescue group

E: yeah they are, hi, you must be very very close to me :v:

Fraction fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Apr 11, 2014

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

Kojiro posted:

Haha, small world! They seem like a good group. Gonna meet those pups on Monday, will have to have enough restraint to not scoop one up instantly.

They're fairly chill, as far as rescue groups go. I've taken photos of dogs for them before - Hugo, Charlie, Archie, etc. If you get a pup and wanna dogwalk sometime drop me a line, Kalli loves other dawgs and is fab with pups!

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

DerVerrater posted:

Dear silly hound owning goons,

How compatable is this particular breed of dogs with full time working, It has been a breed that was reccomended to me as somone who desires a dog that can co-exist with a 9-5.

:ssh: Most dogs can exist with a 9-5 if you make time for them before and after work. I have a 2yr old BC and 4yr old JRT dealing with an 8-5.30 basically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

DerVerrater posted:

Its great to see such support after the local dog shelter told me "If you will leave the dog alone for more than 4 hours you are not capable of caring for a dog"

Yeah some rescue places are awful and will make you feel like an unrepentant bastard for working full time (whilst also making GBS threads on the people who DO give up their dogs when they get a full time job). With some you just can't drat well win.