Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

Everyone please keep posting great greyhound stories and pics. My girlfriend and I are getting a greyhound after I take the bar and we just keep coming back here and being all :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

I think it's important to remember how this thread began:

skoolmunkee posted:

This is not a megathread, but it is a thread about greyhounds! Greyhounds are good dogs and deserve a thread.

Union, a Good Dog

Thank you for starting this thread, and for sharing Union with us. I am going to be getting a greyhound in a couple months, and while it will be really sad whenever she or he has to move on, you and everyone in this thread has shown me that a greyhound is definitely the right choice for me.

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

Does anybody have any experience with rescue organizations within a 4-5 hour drive of Champaign, IL? I.e. we're willing to travel to St. Louis, the Quad Cities, Milwaukee, Central Michigan, Indianapolis, or anything closer. We are beginning our search but don't really know how to choose between the orgs that pop up on Google Maps.

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

Thanks for the recs, guys. It looks like REGAP is having a meet n greet in Champaign this weekend, so hopefully I'll get introduced to some starving dogs in a few days!

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

RazorBunny posted:

One of the posts in the Facebook group inspired my husband and me to start talking about names for the new girl, when she comes along. We're thinking maybe Vastra, after the reptilian character from Doctor Who. If that ends up being her name I will totally buy a green faux croc leather from Sexy Beast for her :3:

This raises a question: how easy is it to rename a greyhound that's a few years old? Are they to used to what the rescue is calling them to change easily? How do you even go about training a dog to recognize a new name in the first place?

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

After a few weeks of delay due to lots of work travel for the two of us, my girlfriend and I finally mailed our application off to REGAP. :toot:

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

All this is making me worry about why I haven't heard back from REGAP since mailing my application ~10 days ago :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

Finally going up to REGAP on Saturday morning to check out some doges! :neckbeard: