Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!

skoolmunkee posted:

I'm pretty sure I said something about dogs needing to eat burgers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rfu1s_8dYg

(I told youtube to edit it so it cuts off after 2 minutes, but the changes haven't taken effect yet)

Honestly surprised she ate the bun, do dogs usually like bread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!
Good luck with moving him in! I'm hoping to adopt a greyhound in the next few months too (I live right near TIA so I basically have no excuse), I'd love to hear how he settles in!

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!
Those ears! So expressive :3:

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!
Holy poo poo, that's a thing that actually happens? Have these people somehow managed to not see a greyhound/whippet before in their lives?

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!

various cheeses posted:

Definitely thanks for the thread. Reading through this 100% convinced me to adopt a greyhound.

Same, any greyhound I adopt in the future will have Skoolmunkee and Union to thank.

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!
I'm confused as to how they can keep the dog after that, wouldn't it be better to find a new home for him? A catless one?

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!
Are you sure that's a whole dog and not just some legs?

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!
Anyone had experience introducing a greyhound to their cats? I've read up on the preferred method of leashing the dog on the initial meeting and rewarding them for ignoring the cat/telling them off for looking interested, but I'd love to hear how its actually gone for people.
My cats are more inclined to run away from a threat rather than fight it, and I'm a bit concerned that'd spell disaster, which would be a pity since a greyhound would be a pretty great match for us otherwise.

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!
Passed our home check! Gonna meet some lurcher pups soon, they're super cuties.

Hoping the fact that they're puppies may make it easier to get them used to cats. They're both quite small, mostly whippet probably. Excited :3:

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!

Fraction posted:

Are you in Lancashire because I swear I have seen these dogs in my local rescue group

E: yeah they are, hi, you must be very very close to me :v:

Haha, small world! They seem like a good group. Gonna meet those pups on Monday, will have to have enough restraint to not scoop one up instantly.

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!
Going to pick up this boy on Thursday! Very excited to have our own longlegs stiltdog :3:

He's a lurcher, possibly with a little collie in him- can anyone guess if he'll need one of the special wide greyhound-type collars? He seems to be ok in a regular one for now, but he's still only 4 months old, so he's got a a bunch of growing to do.

Kojiro fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Apr 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!
First night home for ours, who has been christened Francis York Morgan, but you can call him York. Everyone does. So.. is the first night with a puppy always this nervewracking? I'm terrified!

He's had a good wander around, and pooed near the front door (he can't go out til his second set of injections, and he missed the puppy pad by like, an inch, bless) after having a huge bowl of food. The cats are displeased but he's not too bothered by them, he'll look at them if they're staring at him, but he's easily distracted from them. Hopefully they'll get used to him but I'm half-worried that they won't- I didn't expect them to be insta-cuddling or anything and they're snoozing away quite happily now, so probably I'm worrying over nothing.

York is also snoozing, having ignored the fleecey bed we got him in favour of a pile of laundry.