Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gameday
Apr 29, 2006

Hungry for sport
Oh good, a place for me to talk about and show pictures of my weird dogs.

Sassafras (left) is a 7 year old retired racer. Atticus is a nearly four year old whippet. I like them.

Sometimes they play.

Usually they sleep.

[timg]http://i.imgur.com/LzMDotrh.jpg[[/timg]

Occasionally they steal things off the counters, like entire brand new bags of flour.

Often we go hiking near our house, which they enjoy.

We'll only ever have sighthounds from here on out. Our dogs are amazing and we're actively beginning the search for a third now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gameday
Apr 29, 2006

Hungry for sport
Well, it finally happened. Nearly four years after adopting Sassafras, we got our first tail injury. Pressure change in the upstairs caused a bedroom door to slam right on her tail. Three big lacerations and blood everywhere.

Luckily we have a fantastic vet here and she got Sassy all fixed up. She seems to barely notice it, other than the fact that her tail is heavier now. The good thing to come out of all this is that the whippet, Atticus, stepped up and started taking care of her. We've not really seen that before. Going to adopt 5 more.

gameday
Apr 29, 2006

Hungry for sport
You didn't let Union down. You both made each other's lives better. Remember that dogs don't fear or understand their mortality like we do. The only thing she knew is that she had you and you had her.

gameday
Apr 29, 2006

Hungry for sport
Sassy and Atticus have never really been around kids at all, so I was a little nervous when my niece came to visit. It worked out pretty well, though.

They're mad that she's gone home.

gameday
Apr 29, 2006

Hungry for sport
Speaking of birthdays and needing to eat burgers, once a year Atticus and Sassafras each get a burger. They seem to enjoy it.

They're not in any danger of getting fat any time soon, despite the fact that they eat and take naps all day.

gameday
Apr 29, 2006

Hungry for sport

Serella posted:

Oh god, how do you stand the unholy dogfarts that must ensue?

I hold them backwards like Scarface and point them out into the backyard, firing until the levels are out of the danger zone.

gameday
Apr 29, 2006

Hungry for sport
Thread needs more pictures of pointy dogs.

gameday
Apr 29, 2006

Hungry for sport

actionjackson posted:

Birthday party for my girl Abby (you can see a bit of her face, just to the left of the hot dogs) and Sugar (her owner, who hosted, is in the center, and Sugar is the one next to her with the pink bandana). I'm the headless person to the right.

If that was my house all the time, I think I would finally be happy.

gameday
Apr 29, 2006

Hungry for sport
My dogs are nerds. All these pictures of everyone's awesome new hounds is making me want another one.

gameday
Apr 29, 2006

Hungry for sport

RazorBunny posted:

I just got an email this morning that they've made our match and are getting ready to set a pick-up date :3:

That's fantastic. Can't wait to see pictures when everyone is settled in!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gameday
Apr 29, 2006

Hungry for sport
We moved and Sassafras is still trying to wrap her head around it. I think she's coming around, but she's spending a lot of time contemplating life.