Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

A connoisseur of fine junk
$100 says the shootings don't stop.

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003
ducks is chickens with swimmy toes
the 'time traveler' guest apparently bailed on the new hostess and art is now the guest :catstare:

e: for content, Art posted this on bellgab about an hour ago:

Well by now I am sure you all know I have thrown in the towel yet again. This time it was because after this last incident I was still going to go forward with a open line show tonight until my Wife sat me down this Afternoon and said she now thinks we should stop, it turns out my Daughter Asia had been sent to her room as the Police were called and my Wife found her shaking in the dark scared to death. People I am sure will say all sorts of things as usual but when my Wife said enough and told me our Daughter was in trauma over this last incident it kind of sank in that I have more to think about then myself and what people may say. As the Police came they did so of course with lights and sirens, about three or four Patrol cars I think and Asia did not know if I was alive or dead, too much for a 8 Year old and Mom.

So I want to thank all the Bell Gab members who have helped in so many ways getting this show off the ground, my heart will always be with you in every way. So many have helped and even been involved like Ross, what a great guy. Heather who will now get a shot at least and I hope you will all throw your support to her.

I may do a show every now and then with no regular dates which might throw off what ever nut job has been doing this. At least I had a shot at what I love for some Month's. Again a special thanks to everybody on this special place.

Art

kindermord fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Dec 12, 2015

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
gently caress art, writes a drat book about all the trauma and the same night he's back on the air! Guest or not, if he cared that much he would not be live.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
"My daughter was upset that I was in danger, also here's her exact birthday, live on the air, for no reason."

vez veces
Dec 15, 2006

The engineer blew the whistle,
and the fireman rung the bell.
Art sounds so happy doing this. He clearly does not want to stop being on the air. It's a little heart breaking.

Bitchkrieg
Mar 10, 2014

Heather Wade, his producer, took over for tonight - indefinitely? - which couldn't be easy to do.

Art then called in, and spent time interviewing the guest on-air and even offered to go to the studio. What. :shepface:

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

kindermord posted:

my Wife sat me down this Afternoon and said she now thinks we should stop

Fuckin' Yoko.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

bloodysabbath posted:

Fuckin' Yoko.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Could you imagine how pissed off the radio stations that set aside blocks for him are?

Paul Kersey
Oct 28, 2004

Some people on Facebook and Reddit are saying they could find no mention of any of the incidents Art described anywhere in local newspapers, police reports or blotters.

Is Art bullshitting? Either way, it's the last time I'm going to give him my money.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
That would be incredible if he either totally made it up, or, more likely, hallucinated it

Inveigle
Jan 19, 2004

Shadow people!

Seriously though, if Art returned and was again producing shows and new content, I will gladly give him my money.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Paul Kersey posted:

Some people on Facebook and Reddit are saying they could find no mention of any of the incidents Art described anywhere in local newspapers, police reports or blotters.

Is Art bullshitting? Either way, it's the last time I'm going to give him my money.

That's what I was thinking: collect money, do a show, quit, rinse and repeat.

Either that or he's probably gone insane. Either way, I knew that with 29 replies in this thread that he had quit again. It's a shame, but I don't think this is on the level at all.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
wow what a total surprise.

People Stew
Dec 5, 2003

phuzzylodgik posted:

Totally bought a shortwave radio so I could listen to him like in the old days.

Goddamnit.

There is plenty of other insanity to search for on that radio. Have fun with it.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

I love that now that Art is the subject of a conspiracy theory he just can't deal with it

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
Oh, whelp.

Hey since he isn't taking money anymore for it, is there a youtube that has his show? Havent heard art bell in like over 10 years, I remember it was fun.

Inveigle
Jan 19, 2004

Evil Agita posted:

Hey since he isn't taking money anymore for it, is there a youtube that has his show? Havent heard art bell in like over 10 years, I remember it was fun.

You might check the Bellgab forums. I've seen random links over there.

RetroHelix
Oct 24, 2004

No home should be without one.

Art via Facebook posted:

Just a thought, if Heather does well and I am sure she will and if things are quite here for some time I may do a unannounced fill in once in a while. The biggest problem I had was the exact routine I had to follow with this stalking jerk. We are watching every car on our street and there have been a few. Living life like this is less fun. Time Traveler is open again at five bucks!

Art

He should have just said he was taking a break until all of this blew over. But Art is drama queen supreme, so...

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

'if i do this show this guy will kill my family but who knows, maybe i'll do the show if i'm feelin like it!'

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
A lot of radio stations just signed up to syndicate him overnight so this is going to be a loving mess.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

grilldos posted:

A lot of radio stations just signed up to syndicate him overnight so this is going to be a loving mess.

Yeah and he's making GBS threads all over the fans who actually called up their local stations to get him on. Now they look like idiots.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
To be fair, if they actually campaigned for Art and thought this show would last more than a few months, they are idiots.

Inveigle
Jan 19, 2004

As stated by horrorreport.com, Heather Wade, newest host of MIDNIGHT IN THE DESERT, wrote this in full on Facebook about the situation with Art Bell:

Heather Wade posted:

I write to you with a heavy heart tonight. It has been a pleasure and a great honor to work with Art Bell. I have been with him every step of the way through each incident: his studio internet being tampered with on Sept 23rd, shots fired at his studio on Oct 21st while he was on the air, the threatening phone call he received at his private home number on Nov 18th, the intruder on his property on Nov 23rd, and this last incident of a shot being fired at him when he was on his way to his studio on Dec 9th.

The incidents are becoming more brazen, and more often. I’d give anything to know who it is. Anything. I want this person/ persons caught and stopped. However, wishing it does not make it so. The proper Police reports have been made, Art’s security increased, yet it continued.

For anyone who thinks this is a stunt or an excuse to quit, I have made reports to Nye County Deputies myself, and have photos of Art’s injuries from when he dove to the ground when he heard the shot on Dec 9th. Unfortunately, it is all too real. I am as angry, and as sad as all of you that Art has been pushed off the air, but the right thing to do is to put his family first. That he was bullied off the air like this makes me so mad I could chew up nails and spit out carpet tacks.

I will be hosting Midnight In The Desert starting on Monday night. It pains me a great deal to have my dream handed to me like this; Art should be the one on that mic. It is his rightful place. Anytime he wants to return, the seat is his. For now, I will keep that fire lit for him.

Heather also created a new discussion group on FB: https://www.facebook.com/groups/heatherwade/?hc_location=ufi

source: http://horrorreport.com/art-bell/heather-wade-weighs-in/

Inveigle
Jan 19, 2004

This was also from yesterday, Dec. 13:

Keith Rowland posted:

OK folks, here’s the deal as of now…. from Keith Rowland

Midnight in the Desert

I will run Midnight in the Desert w/Heather Wade on the Dark Matter Digital Network for the next 30 days minimum. She will start in Art’s same time slot for Monday and Tuesday…

However, seeing as I’m obligated to continue feeding the terrestrial affiliate stations for the next 30 days, I’ll need to feed either Heather’s live show or replays of Art Bell’s archives, (which ever they determine the best for them yet to be decided). If I need to feed the Art Bell replays to them at 9-12, Art’s time slot, I will have Heather do MITD from 6-9 pm PT LIVE to insure she gets to do shows for you also. If the radio stations are fine with Heather filling in for Art, we’ll keep her at 9-12 PT.

Her shows will be added to the same Time Travelers archive as Art’s shows, so your current subscription will have Art’s old shows and these new ones. It’s up to you to continue to support the show with Heather by keeping your existing subscription or signing up again for the Time Travelers subscription, now at $4.99. After 30 days, we all will evaluate the financial situation of whether we can continue. I hope the subscriber base will maintain the show. We will do our part in reducing the costs.

Other Side of Midnight

As for Richard C Hoagland’s OSOM program, again, it’s all about finances. RCH and I need to re-evaluate our financial model and hope to come to some resolution to continue running his show on DMDN. Stay tuned for updates on this matter. He could be back on Monday night! You can still show your support by Joining Club 19.5.

Dark Matter Digital Network

It was always my intention to bring good paranormal programs to the network and as Art Bell would draw people to the station, these shows would gain audience and attract advertisers. While Art Bell was bringing the audience, some shows received some increase in numbers and I continued to run those shows hoping for better performance.

- - - - - - - - - -

As hard as I tried, with over two years in building the network, none of the other programs I carried were able to earn any advertising dollars to support the cost of playing the shows, let alone justify my time in producing the shows live. I had to be present in the studio during all live shows in order to connect and bring them on, monitor the sound, play the breaks, record the show and edit the replay audio files. This time took away from my day and had no financial benefit. But I did it because Art’s show was subsidizing the cost. With the leaving of Art Bell, it doesn’t seem financially viable to continue spending hours a day doing this. So I regret to not being able to produce LIVE versions of these programs after this week.

I will however for the time being, continue to play on the station stream any and all pre-recorded shows that I currently have and any of the current LIVE shows who wish to produce their own pre-recorded audio files to me for playback, on DMDN each week. But I need to have those 4 hours a day back.

The station will also revert back to a cheaper streaming solution and may be dark for some periods of time to save costs.

Finally

It is sad that incidents have taken our Art Bell away from us again…. The challenge of bringing Art back was intense and satisfying. But the Dark Matter Digital Network was created and maintained for his return. Now that he is gone… the situation will be fluid and could quickly change. But I’m willing to give this a shot, if you are. I will update this post as I have more information.

— Keith Rowland

source: http://midnightinthedesert.com/the-future-of-midnight-in-the-desert-and-dark-matter-radio-network/

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

And the house of cards begins to tumble.

Seriously though, Art should have just loving podcasted and screw this.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Ugh and we didn't even make it into the NYE prediction show. Who the gently caress besides Noory would want Art off the air so badly?

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

gret posted:

Ugh and we didn't even make it into the NYE prediction show. Who the gently caress besides Noory would want Art off the air so badly?

The greys

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

gret posted:

Who... indeed?

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug
A portion of the people that call in to this show are mentally ill to the point of having a wild hallucinations about being impregnated by bigfoot, so why is the prevailing opinion that the gunman is part of some conspiracy theory that someone wants Art off the air?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

It's probably just someone who's mad that Art won't denounce Obama as being a secret muslim bent on destroying America.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

gret posted:

It's probably just someone who's mad that Art won't denounce Obama as being a secret muslim bent on destroying America.

The least interesting show Art could do

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Art has been hyping up Heather on facebook, is it worth checking the show out?

Inveigle
Jan 19, 2004

Boinks posted:

I've listened to the last few hours of the MitD show the past three days. I'm still enjoying it. Heather is NOT Art, but she's perfectly fine and she seems to be learning quickly. Everyone should be given a chance when they are new. I'm sure the first several years of Art's radio host career wasn't super-spectacular either, back when he was just starting out. BTW, a lot of the MitD listeners seem to want to discuss the Art situation, so I will be listening tomorrow night (Friday) for the Open Lines show.

I've been staying tuned in after MitD, for Hoagland's show too. I like it and he's pleasant to listen to. They seem to discuss NASA and science stuff a lot.

Besides, who else can we listen to, late at night? Certainly not Snoory!

vez veces
Dec 15, 2006

The engineer blew the whistle,
and the fireman rung the bell.

Boinks posted:

I'd call Heather a solid host. She clearly went to the Art Bell school of radio, which is just how I like 'em. Biggest problem for me has been the guests. They seem less enthusiastic to be hosted by Heather than they would be for Art, and I feel like she's working double-time to keep the energy up. If they'd meet her halfway it'd be a great thing. Missed last night's episode, though, and I'm seeing some positive chatter about it.

Inveigle posted:

I've listened to the last few hours of the MitD show the past three days. I'm still enjoying it. Heather is NOT Art, but she's perfectly fine and she seems to be learning quickly. Everyone should be given a chance when they are new. I'm sure the first several years of Art's radio host career wasn't super-spectacular either, back when he was just starting out. BTW, a lot of the MitD listeners seem to want to discuss the Art situation, so I will be listening tomorrow night (Friday) for the Open Lines show.

I've been staying tuned in after MitD, for Hoagland's show too. I like it and he's pleasant to listen to. They seem to discuss NASA and science stuff a lot.

Besides, who else can we listen to, late at night? Certainly not Snoory!

RCH spent a chunk of his show a couple nights ago talking about how much better his show would do in the 9PST time slot than Heather Wade's. I like him when he drones on like an eccentric professor though.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

I still have time traveler until the end of the month so I'll check out Friday's open lines show.

Inveigle
Jan 19, 2004

If Heather (and the Dark Matter network) are able to stay on the air, there's always a chance that Art may make random appearances. He still seems to be invested in the MitD and Dark Matter. Who knows? Perhaps the nutcase threatening Art might be caught. Keith, Heather, and Hoagland all seem game to keep trying (at least for the next month).

I think part of Art's problem is that he kept talking about politics. Perhaps that's what triggered the crazy stalker. I hear enough political chatter all day long. I need to hear about Bigfoot, Area 51, ufos, and ghosts!

Bitchkrieg
Mar 10, 2014

The plot thickens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inveigle
Jan 19, 2004

Bitchkrieg posted:

The plot thickens.

I still think it's some local crackpot that Art managed to piss off. Could even be a neighbor. Small misunderstandings can turn into feuds.

• Locked thread