Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Boinks posted:

I still have time traveler until the end of the month so I'll check out Friday's open lines show.

Oops my sub expired, oh well, my try to stay up and catch it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RetroHelix
Oct 24, 2004

No home should be without one.
Goodbye, Art.

https://www.facebook.com/art.bell.716/posts/913832855331501

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
gently caress art bell.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Figures this poo poo happens just as I decide to start listening again. I just want the old coast to coast and art bell back. poo poo ain't gonna happen though. Dudes old and cranky and full of drama, not even mentioning the fact some crazy rear end in a top hat is trying to kill and/or intimidate him.

Inveigle
Jan 19, 2004

Where have YOU been? The stalker has been mentioned from the start of all of this.

"poo poo ain't gonna happen" because the old dude is in fear of his and his family's lives. I guess no one will believe Art until he's got a bullet in him. And even then, I am sure that everything will be all Art's fault.

Art's "fans" are some of the worst I've ever seen.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Maybe read my whole post, I'm saying that he's being a drama queen about Facebook posts and idiots doubting him that someone has shot at him. Jesus loving christ reading comprehension, I don't expect anything of art bell. He can do whatever the gently caress he wants, and me being nostalgic about old coast to coast doesn't matter. Again, I'm not doubting anything he has said, and I hope they catch whoever the hell is doing this. He doesn't owe anything to anyone, but he could possibly be less dramatic about dumb Facebook posts and just realize there are a lot of retards on the internet who will say dumb poo poo.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

lol what a drama queen. Somebody should terrorize his home with a weapon of war until he decides to come back on air.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Someone should print out lovely facebook comments from other groups and snail mail them to him

vez veces
Dec 15, 2006

The engineer blew the whistle,
and the fireman rung the bell.
I think he will still be posting on Bellgab for those who wish to keep up with Art. I agree it would be a better course of action to leave social media quietly or not at all, but I give a 70 year old a pass on being shocked by how horrible the Internet can be, even though it took him until 2015 to figure it out.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Long time host of a call-in radio talk show is surprised at how horrible people are?

RetroHelix
Oct 24, 2004

Log time trader of conspiracy theories surprised his sudden departure met with conspiracy theories.

Inveigle
Jan 19, 2004

Empire State posted:

I think he will still be posting on Bellgab for those who wish to keep up with Art. I agree it would be a better course of action to leave social media quietly or not at all, but I give a 70 year old a pass on being shocked by how horrible the Internet can be, even though it took him until 2015 to figure it out.

I checked Bellgab last night and from what I gathered, it seems that Art has bid farewell to Bellgab and social media. I hope so. He really doesn't need to be reading all the garbage-talk about himself. It seems like 90% of the posts now are cat-calling and nasty comments directed at Art. So, Art is a diva. So what? Nothing that Art's fans haven't known for years.

Creepiest posts are the ones obsessed with what Heather looks like. Wow...what a shitshow.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

Inveigle posted:

I checked Bellgab last night and from what I gathered, it seems that Art has bid farewell to Bellgab and social media. I hope so. He really doesn't need to be reading all the garbage-talk about himself. It seems like 90% of the posts now are cat-calling and nasty comments directed at Art. So, Art is a diva. So what? Nothing that Art's fans haven't known for years.

Creepiest posts are the ones obsessed with what Heather looks like. Wow...what a shitshow.

I'm sure there are creeper concerns, but part of the reason everyone loves Art so much is because he always managed to make the audience feel like they "knew" him through the radio show. He wasn't afraid to share himself a bit with the audience.

Contrast this with a woman who went by "redacted" until she got a paid gig as Art's producer. I'm not saying she should necessarily post pictures, especially given what Art's going through ATM, but her style so far is way more "I'm just a random voice on the radio asking people questions." I believe on one early show a wormhole message asked Heather to give the audience a little more of her background, and she flat out dodged the question.

Art has big shoes to fill, and I'm not sure guarding every aspect of your life and background is a great way to convert the fan base. That works when you're a behind the scenes producer, but going on air is going to change the expectations.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

I'm going to laugh if Heather turns out to just be his wife Airyn.

vez veces
Dec 15, 2006

The engineer blew the whistle,
and the fireman rung the bell.

Inveigle posted:

My bad. Few days ago he said he considered himself a BellGabber, but yep, latest post on BG that I missed:
"At this point after reading some of the awful things said about Heather and myself I have had enough, I am not coming back to Bell Gab and after a short time of letting that reward sink in I will disable my FB site as well. There is simply no way to win with people like this and I have had enough to stress and sorrow over this for this lifetime."

Inveigle
Jan 19, 2004

Art Bell posted:

"At this point after reading some of the awful things said about Heather and myself I have had enough, I am not coming back to Bell Gab and after a short time of letting that reward sink in I will disable my FB site as well. There is simply no way to win with people like this and I have had enough to stress and sorrow over this for this lifetime."

Yeah. It's unfortunate but it's like this with many so-called fans now. It seems like most of them really hate the people they are supposedly fans of. I see it time and time again. Which is why I don't have any social media accounts. It's just a huge waste of time and most people seem to be either crazy or trolls.

Such a shame. I am still hoping that Dark Matter might make a go of it, but the "fans" sure aren't helping. :(

As for knowing personal stuff about hosts, such as what they look like or details of their lives, I could care less. I just want to hear (and support) a good, entertaining program. I have been listening to Art Bell since the mid-80s and I never knew a thing about his personal life. I just enjoyed listening to him interview oddball guests.

Inveigle fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Dec 21, 2015

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Inveigle posted:

I have been listening to Art Bell since the mid-80s and I never knew a thing about his personal life.

how

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Inveigle posted:

It's unfortunate but it's like this with many so-called fans now.

It is possible to be both deeply dedicated to a media production and deeply frustrated or outright pissed off at being jerked around over it, especially for the second time now for lots of us.

Inveigle
Jan 19, 2004

the yeti posted:

It is possible to be both deeply dedicated to a media production and deeply frustrated or outright pissed off at being jerked around over it, especially for the second time now for lots of us.

Perhaps Art's current stalker is an actual time traveller and came back to the past to punish Art for quitting!

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began

the yeti posted:

I'm guessing it's more of the 'you asked us to put ourselves on the line for our local radio stations to get you on the air' part that's really pissing people off.

Dr. Benway
Dec 9, 2005

We can't stop here! This is bat country!

M. Night Shyamalan posted:

Perhaps Art's current stalker is an actual time traveller and came back to the past to punish Art for quitting!

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

A connoisseur of fine junk
Art appears to have un-deleted his facebook.

Inveigle
Jan 19, 2004

Kind of surprised he posted a photo of his kid. I wonder if he thinks only family members can see his FB now?

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Inveigle posted:

Kind of surprised he posted a photo of his kid. I wonder if he thinks only family members can see his FB now?

Photoshop Phriday: what's making Art stop his show now?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Photoshop Phriday: what's making Art stop his show now?

Yeah photoshop in some red-glowing-eyes shadow person slenderman and watch him lock everything down again, what could go wrong!

Inveigle
Jan 19, 2004

That photo is indeed perfect for Photoshop Phriday. The dark background would make photoshopery so easy.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
That picture... To pohoto

RetroHelix
Oct 24, 2004

Art is so bad at holding to his commitments that he quit quitting Facebook.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

RetroHelix posted:

Art is so bad at holding to his commitments that he quit quitting Facebook.

Or he's addicted so much to quitting that he can't quit quitting.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Just gift Art a copy of Tabletop Simulator and tell him there's a button to flip the table in a rage and maybe that will provide him an outlet and he can get on with things.

Iucounu
May 12, 2007

Aaaand the beginning of the next cocktease season begins.

Iucounu fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Dec 28, 2015

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

FUUUUUUUUUCK ART BELL

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

FUUUUUUUUUCK ART BELL

Click the ? to see all posts in the thread by this user and have a fun time!

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Light Gun Man posted:

Click the ? to see all posts in the thread by this user and have a fun time!

8)

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Iucounu posted:

Aaaand the beginning of the next cocktease season begins.

P.S. OH MY GOD A BULLET JUST WENT THROUGH MY WALL AND MY WIFE AND CHILD ARE CRYING I QUIT TWITTER AND EVERYTHING!!

P.P.S. Oh wait that was a ladybug. Still, keep subscribed to my Twitter as my other assistant Otto is taking it over and he's a true believer in the paranormal.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Any chance this was the plan all along? She was on the first test show after all. :tinfoil:

Inveigle
Jan 19, 2004

The monthly subscription rate for MitD has been dropped to $5 a month again (down from the $8 a month when Art was appearing). I signed up early on when it was still $5 and I've decided to keep paying for now. I think Heather is doing a good enough job and I've come to enjoy Hoagland, although I wish his show was included in the same $5 per month subscription fee.

Doubtful that there was ever a plan to create and then dump MitD on Heather. It just worked out that way.

I think it's good to encourage new people. What else is there to listen to late at night? Coast to Coast with Snoory? Ugh. Art may be Mr. Drama Queen, but you gotta admit he's still entertaining.

Inveigle fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Jan 2, 2016

Bitchkrieg
Mar 10, 2014

GBS Coast to Coast AM prediction thread is live.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

gently caress art

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Art Bell on Facebook posted:

I would like to invite you all to look up Heather Wade here on Facebook and Friend her before she gets to her Facebook limit. Just look for the Alien head, that's her!
I also want to thank her for jumping in and holding the spot open while I try and figure things out, she is doing a fantastic job.
Art

Goddamn it Art stop being such a tease!

• Locked thread