Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
He's capable of doing a weekday show again? I thought health problems prevented that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

M3wThr33 posted:

Haven't decided on a plan yet. Might end up just using the Android app, but I've seen a shitload of 1-star reviews.

When the app was first released, I remember hundreds, maybe thousands of people giving it 1 star reviews with the sole reason being they weren't contractually able to stream Howard Stern. That changed in 2011 when they renewed his contract. I mostly use the app for On Demand listening. That's one of the best things about it, IMO. If you miss a show live, you can grab it from the archives.

That drat Satyr posted:

I really can't wait to hear Art's explanation for the repeated retiring-then-returning spats. It always seemed like there was a lot more going on and that there was definitely some hostility going on underneath everything else.

I wonder, is there any kind of published data on what Premier's listening audience is overnight? I mean, will there be a way to tell if the numbers drop drastically when Art goes back on air, or if they're affected at all?

Talkers has shown C2CAM gets over 2,000,000 listeners weekly.

If Art and Premiere Networks have butted heads before, there's no way he won't with Sirius XM. Bubba the Love Sponge hated dealing with Clear Channel, but later said dealing with Sirius was even worse.

livingfruitvirus fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Aug 23, 2013

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

fyo posted:

Then he posted this message saying he's doing the new show because he loves radio? (rather than because C2C is in shambles)

Recently it was also announced that the show's timeslot was being extended to 2 AM, so he will officially be competing with his old franchise, if only for one hour.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

Guidos Python posted:

I just hope there will be a coast insider type thing for dark matter because being a slave to any air time is the worst. I just want to hear about the mothman on my ipod while I read the morning paper.

With an online subscription, you can access archived shows to listen to at any time. This includes the phone apps.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
ROSS! You're back too!!

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
Art said he will be bringing Ghost to Ghost with him. Obviously it won't be called that.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

M3wThr33 posted:

I also love how much Art has been saying what's been going on behind the scenes. Like his demand when he returned from retirement the first time. His demand: cut 4 minutes of commercials each hour. And they did. Until he retired again.
It's loving depressing when you do the math of how much commercials take up a standard radio show nowadays. Easily 30%. 3 hours becomes just over 2 hours once cut.

Even as Art complains about Coast's commercial load, it's actually one of the more generous offerings. Coast has 16 minutes of commercial time per hour. Most talk shows have 20 minutes at minimum. Glenn Beck has 23 minutes. Hannity has 25 minutes. Red Eye Radio, which competes directly with Coast to Coast and were the ones who swiped Ross Mitchell away, used to have 27 minutes, but has since scaled back to 24. Also Art only has to break twice an hour now, whereas Coast breaks four times.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

RetroHelix posted:

Aww, didn't know the Friday show would be a rerun. Oh well. Four days of Art is better than none. Glad he's back, the show is great.

Someone should make a Dark Matter thread. I know I'll probably never listen to C2C again.

I think this little thread can support both shows, for now anyway.

edit: I mean...oh hey there's a new thread!

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
Looks like Premiere Radio still doesn't want to discontinue Somewhere in Time on Saturdays, as tonight they played a show from 2000 with Katia Romanoff and Lauri Loewenberg.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

M3wThr33 posted:

Call me crazy, but where are those broadcast? Because Saturday nights have always seemed to be John B. Wells, at least on KFI AM 640 and other stations.

I see mention of those Somewhere in Times. Art Bell actually mentioned on his FB page he wanted those stopped, requested it and Premiere ignored the requests, multiple times.

Do enough people subscribe to Coast Insider to actually make this worth mentioning?

Somewhere in Time airs from 9PM to 1AM Eastern Saturday nights, in the old Coast to Coast Live timeslot. It has one of the biggest clearances on Saturday night talk radio. Over 100 stations play some or all of the show. Unfortunately for Art, Premiere wholly owns Coast to Coast AM, and is completely within their legal right to keep them going despite his requests. These old encore shows have been running weekly for over six years now.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
I'm actually listening to the Tobias McGriff interview tonight mainly to hear if they acknowledge Art at all.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
So uuuuh, anyone listen to Ghost to Ghost?

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
Premiere has fired John B. Wells from Coast to Coast AM. Art Bell posted this article on his Facebook asking people to give it a read.

http://thecommonsenseshow.com/2014/02/06/john-b-wells-fired-for-being-too-popular-and-truthful-an-exclusive-interview/

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
He quit.

Art Bell on Facebook posted:

I am sorry to have to announce this but I will not be on Tonight or any other night, yes I am going to hang it up. Whoever this crazy person is, they are not stopping and it has come to the point that we as a Family do not feel it is worth the risk. While I think the person or persons are after me, my Wife and now my Daughter are really scared, the other night after the latest incident my Daughter was off in the corner of her bed scared to death as the Police cars came screaming up. I will not put my Family through this. As you all know I dearly love what I do but not at the expense of never ending Terrorism. I want to thank those of you who have shown so much support and it has been my joy, short as it has been to have cracked that Mic open for a last time. This was a Family decision. The girls stuck with me and still would but if one of them were harmed because of what I love doing my life would be over.
Art

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
He got Airyn pregnant again?! Jesus, Art! You're 71!

• Locked thread