Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

That drat Satyr posted:

I wonder, is there any kind of published data on what Premier's listening audience is overnight? I mean, will there be a way to tell if the numbers drop drastically when Art goes back on air, or if they're affected at all?

Anyone listening over AM radio isn't going to shell out for satellite or they don't know that it exists. I think he will dip into the pool of people paying for Coast Insider access though. I know I cancelled my subscription when I heard the news.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Iron Crowned posted:

These days I'! In another state and C2C is reserved for the nights I can't sleep. I also actually prefer George Noory :shobon: although I think George Knapp is the best weekend host.

Makes sense if you're trying to fall asleep ;)

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Amish posted:

Ugh, I only end up listening to Coast to Coast about once a month when I'm up super late, but holy hell do I always regret it when I do.

George Noory agrees with caller that trading of prisoners is an impeachable offense.

To be fair to Noory, he probably wasn't even listening when he said that.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

At least it was nice to hear Art again, although I think part of it was the bumper music too.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Art still doesn't know what a podcast is.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Hopes...getting...high

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

I'm let down but not shocked at all.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Does this mean I can get excited about the new show?

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

head58 posted:

Every time I see a new post in this thread I think it's news of the show falling through.

Let me make sure I understand: if I can't listen to the show live and want to be able to download it afterward to listen on my phone I have to subscribe, right? It won't be available like a free podcast.

Correct.

We'll, I'm sure there will be a dozen ways to steal it, but that'll cause another rage quit.

I subscribed hoping a larger subscription number will make the show last longer.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Downloading with my

membership now! :dance:

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

He told one guy last night to call back into the show after a year. I hope it lasts :ohdear:

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

I'm curious to know which version you are using too.

I downloaded the MP3 files this morning and the commercials and news were both cut out.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Literally The Worst posted:

also some dude called to tell art he should have noory on as a guest and art hung that one up fast

This was great. He just laughed and hung up on the guy.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

I want to reach through my MP3 player and punch this guy so bad.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

If you haven't signed up as a Time Traveler for $5 and like the show so far I would sign up now. Word on Facebook is that the price will be going up very soon.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Inveigle posted:

So, if you sign up for Time Traveller now, it will always be $5 a month, for as long as you keep paying for it? The price will never go up once you are "locked in"?

I missed last night's episode and want to listen to it. Has Art mentioned how many people have signed up? or if sign ups are going well?

Yeah exactly, you'll be "locked in".

I haven't heard anything about numbers yet.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

bloodysabbath posted:

Holy poo poo this Preston guy is a complete idiot. Obnoxious voice, self-congratulating, without the tasty moments of true insanity to make up for it.

One dud in 2 weeks is still a way better batting average than current C2C.

I can't wait for open lines again tomorrow night. Has anyone tried to call in yet?

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

August 20th is the cutoff for $5 Time Traveller subscriptions.

There's gonna be an app to download/listen to shows and he's planning on doing weekend shows.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

I love how the Dark Matter news guy pronounces some names phonetically. Like Beyonce and Sergei.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Art said he'll be taking the show "to the next level" and the first announcement will be on his public facebook page in 2 weeks.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Yep

Took tonight off too.

It was fun while it lasted

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

There's still a slim chance he's going to 4 hours for radio....

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

I'm gonna be so mad and relieved at the same time if he just got a new cat.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Antifreeze Head posted:

That wasn't much of an announcement, from a listener's perspective.

The facebook post said "It's time to Take Back the Night."

That's kind of already a thing.

Getting Art back on the airwaves is way more important than ending sexual violence. :colbert:

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

From the other night:

"Slenderman was created on an internet forum, and I don't know if it's still around, but the forum was called Something Awful"

:lol:

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Antifreeze Head posted:

To be fair, I think Lowtax did close the office and I think I saw him post that revenues are way down.

Anyway, they seem pretty committed to the whole take back the night slogan. Here's the press kit: http://cdn5.darkmatternews.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/artbell-PR1-2015.pdf

Makes me wonder if they just didn't know or just didn't care.

Oh I know, I'm laughing at the forums, not the guest.

Is the 'Take Back the Night' thing really big? I hadn't heard about it before.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

gfanikf posted:

Varies and depends if you've been to college in the last decade or so.

That said it was hilariously dumb at my school, including screaming take back the night and writing it on the ground in chalk.

I recall my wife saying it was one of the dumbest things she'd ever seen.

Ah ok that would make sense. I've been out of college for over 10 years now and went in a state that's always 10 years behind everywhere else anyway.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Antifreeze Head posted:

What is a little bit weird about that was there was someone on the Planet X to wipe out the world on the 23rd debate episode who said Art would have trouble staying on the air that day.

I remember that comment. What a strange coincidence.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Anyone bang any hubrids lately?

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

RIP Dark Matter news segments. Something about facebook drama and Leo being sniped by C2C. I am actually happy because that guy was too lazy to look up pronunciations and it was driving me crazy.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Apparently he wasn't happy with 1% of ad revenue for his work, even though he's been phoning it in recently with the "send your news segments in" stuff. He made up getting an offer from C2C and when they called his bluff posted a bunch of drama on facebook. Lol

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

He's been crediting other people for them for a few weeks now. He just read them.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Did anyone expect him to last this long though? Personally, I'll consider it a successful run when I hear the Halloween ghost show.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

shoplifter posted:

"Forty Eight Hundred Dollars"

At least that's what was on the check.

What a moron.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

This is the third or fourth? missed show due to internet issues? You'd think they'd have some kind of business class "99% uptime" service or something.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Got this gem from Facebook.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Internet down for over 24 hours, shots fired outside Art Bell's studio last night and now artbell.com is down :tinfoil:

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Art said that he thinks he was Asian in a past life. :allears:

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Damnit you beat me to posting it after I spent 15 minutes trying to figure out how to use my phone.

RIP MitD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

I'm really enjoying the Friday night fast blasts

• Locked thread