Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RetroHelix
Oct 24, 2004

No home should be without one.
I've not listened to C2C in some time, but the New Year's prediction shows were always my favorite.

During the 2007 New Year's Eve show, several goons made it through to Art and delivered their predictions for 2008. I uploaded some of the calls to YouTube. Apologies, but I forget their usernames. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwG4nea0X6s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RetroHelix
Oct 24, 2004

Aww, didn't know the Friday show would be a rerun. Oh well. Four days of Art is better than none. Glad he's back, the show is great.

Someone should make a Dark Matter thread. I know I'll probably never listen to C2C again.

RetroHelix
Oct 24, 2004

Ha! Quit before he even started. Too predictable. The bumper music was always great, but it doesn't even register on the list of reasons I listened to Art. Just go find some royalty free music. There's decent stuff out there and it doesn't cost a ton. Or hire someone to compose a some 15-30 second pieces that fit the mood of the show. It's not expensive and you'd own it. Hell, I bet there are Art fans out there who would do it for free. Or hold a fan contest, give a prize to winners. There's soooooo many alternatives to "gently caress it I quit," but this is Art we're talking about, so...

RetroHelix fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Feb 12, 2015

RetroHelix
Oct 24, 2004

Just checked Facebook and saw an update from Art. Guess what? The new show's probably dead. Who could have guessed this would happen?

*sigh*

RetroHelix
Oct 24, 2004

I figure it's over. If he wanted, he could find someone else. Doesn't sound like that's something he feels like pursuing.

RetroHelix
Oct 24, 2004

Luigi Thirty posted:

This Anonymous representative that called in sounds like a humongous douchebag.

So he acted like an Anonymous representative?

Boola posted:

I get so much pleasure from hearing Art get incredibly annoyed at people who don't get to the point no matter how much he tries. You can hear the anger/frustration in his voice rising while some old dude goes on about how his daughter in law's cousin once visited Paris and isn't that great because the guest is also in Paris. WHAT'S YOUR QUESTION, CALLER??

Yeah Art is super pro at keeping callers on pace and cutting them off when it's clear they're going nowhere. Almost like he's been doing this a while, heh.

RetroHelix
Oct 24, 2004

I think it's been a pretty good show so far. Better than Dark Matter ever was. Dunno if that has to do with the format or what.

RetroHelix
Oct 24, 2004

I'd be excited, but this is Art talking, so it sounds ominous.

RetroHelix
Oct 24, 2004

Update from Art on Facebook:

"Ok, the Police just left for the second time and the Girls are asleep so here is what I can tell you, about 10:33 PT I got a text from my close Neighbor saying he had heard 4 or five fast shots that seemed near my Studio, he thought they were from the street behind the house but did not see anything, then a moment later another Neighbor Lady texted me that she heard the shots and saw a car in the dead end lane in front of my Studio fire 4 or 5 rifle shots at or near the house and take off in a mid size car. We will check for bullet holes in the daylight. The girls turned off all lights and hugged the floor. We are all ok but a bit freaked out. We have video camera's but not recorded, that will change. Sorry for the scare but it was worse on this end.

Art"

https://www.facebook.com/art.bell.716/posts/891981834183270

RetroHelix
Oct 24, 2004

Art via Facebook posted:

Just a thought, if Heather does well and I am sure she will and if things are quite here for some time I may do a unannounced fill in once in a while. The biggest problem I had was the exact routine I had to follow with this stalking jerk. We are watching every car on our street and there have been a few. Living life like this is less fun. Time Traveler is open again at five bucks!

Art

He should have just said he was taking a break until all of this blew over. But Art is drama queen supreme, so...

RetroHelix
Oct 24, 2004

Goodbye, Art.

https://www.facebook.com/art.bell.716/posts/913832855331501

RetroHelix
Oct 24, 2004

Log time trader of conspiracy theories surprised his sudden departure met with conspiracy theories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RetroHelix
Oct 24, 2004

Art is so bad at holding to his commitments that he quit quitting Facebook.

• Locked thread