Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

It's been a great one, gentlemen. Rest assured, the multitudes of nameless internet people you spend your time providing free entertainment for enjoy it very much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
For anyone thinking that Chip could've simply jumped over that new punch attach of Armstrong's: hahaha noooooope, it homes on you vertically as well.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
From the moment I played this game I knew you were going to LP it and that is was going to be awesome- now get working on the inevitable Wonderful 101 LP drat YOU CHIP ENTERTAIN MEEEE :argh:

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Please tell me someone has a GIF of Sam clapping, because that's about how I feel right now.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Thanks for both a really good LP and showing me how to be better at a game I really like! Super Saiyan Armstrong is terrifying.

J Detan
Apr 24, 2008

Wir haben uns zu Meistern der Wissenschaft!

Grimey Drawer
This was such a wonderful LP it sold me on the game. Now to check the Steam "coming soon" list like a madman.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Amazing work as always Chip and Ironicus!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Captain Pissweak posted:

Please tell me someone has a GIF of Sam clapping, because that's about how I feel right now.

Here you are, friend.

edit: Oh you fucker.

Kloro
Oct 24, 2008

Fancy a grown man saying hujus hujus hujus as if he were proud of it it is not english and do not make SENSE.
I thought that Sam's sword working on nanites was something he'd added to it after this fight, so as to have a better chance if he had to face Armstrong again?

Regardless, great LP guys. Looking forward to MML - I played the sequel and the spinoff, but never could find the first one.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I dismissed this game before, I regret it now. This game looked really good and LP made it look better. Thanks for showing it off [CHIP CHEEZUM] and [GENERAL IRONICUS].

I still maintain that Armstrong's speech is one of the best Metal Gear cutscenes I've ever seen.

Penakoto
Aug 21, 2013

Loved the LP, so much, gonna be watching it over and over for sure.

Really can't wait for the MML LP, it's one of my favorite series and you're my favorite LPers so it's perfect.

Supersonic Buddha
Sep 6, 2010

Inertia is a property of matter.

Gaseous Snake posted:

CJacobs posted:

Here you are, friend.

edit: Oh you fucker.

Well, poo poo.

Dol
Feb 16, 2007

Kloro posted:

I thought that Sam's sword working on nanites was something he'd added to it after this fight, so as to have a better chance if he had to face Armstrong again?

Nope, it's just a really great sword. There's a reference to why that is the case in one of the codec calls.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Monkey Fracas posted:

From the moment I played this game I knew you were going to LP it and that is was going to be awesome- now get working on the inevitable Wonderful 101 LP drat YOU CHIP ENTERTAIN MEEEE :argh:

I wait for that one as well, but it appears that Uncha-err, Mega Man Legends is next.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

It's like the progression of good, better, best!

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I love that moment in general. Sam and Raiden are both :stare:ed out by Armstrong's....everything, but where Raiden gets mad Sam just rolls with it and finds everything about it tremendously amusing.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

Dol posted:

Nope, it's just a really great sword. There's a reference to why that is the case in one of the codec calls.

It's just so old and a katana, and that makes it better than a modern-day sword.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Thank you for the excellent LP, Chip and Ironicus. Looking forward to Uncharted 3 Megaman Legends 3. Supersonic Buddha, CJacobs, and Gaseious Snake pretty sum up the LP.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I finally got around to buying and beating this game like I had always intended to the other week, then remembered this LP was a thing.

Looks like I have plenty of Ironicus's amazement to look forward to, along with all the "Oh God DAMNIT, really?" moments of realization such as collectibles I walked right past, and what happens when somebody actually GOOD at the game plays as opposed to my "Normal wasn't that bad" self.

Lining up the swings for the Sundowner fight wasn't the hard part. Making sure the control stick didn't decide "gently caress you" and skew slightly off on the release was the hard part. Cutting apart the rocks in the Armstrong fight was much easier, thankfully.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Oct 29, 2013

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
Please change my name to "The Guff Machine"
Good LP as usual, shame you didn't have the time to show off at least some of the more interesting DLC VR missions.

One thing you didn't point out about Armstrong is that his homing attack also follows you into the air, meaning you can't use Sam's double jump as an easy way to avoid it.

Previously I was kinda confused on whether he actually cut Sam's arm off with the pointy stump or "just" impaled him through around the shoulder area, but during the closeup on his arm, you can see some of the cut edge near just to the left of the screen and the way it's positioned afterwards in the overhead shot is a lot farther than where it'd be if it was still attached.

You can just mash heavy attack with the Pincer Blades equiped when you start mission 19 to stun the first Fenrir before he has a chance to hit you.

The video I saw for mission 20 was outdated and didn't show the invisible platform you ran across, had to go with the "jump over the dude's head and hope he doesn't somehow see you" method instead.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Oh.

...the ending for that DLC kinda made me sad. Sam, why couldn't you and Raiden just be bros and have slumber parties watching samurai movies?

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Thanks for the LP.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Well I don't understand why Sam joined Armstrong (besides "So he won't stab me some more with his nano-stump" I guess) but I don't think I care. I'm universally terrible at these kinds of fighting games so thanks for showing it.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Kibayasu posted:

Well I don't understand why Sam joined Armstrong (besides "So he won't stab me some more with his nano-stump" I guess) but I don't think I care. I'm universally terrible at these kinds of fighting games so thanks for showing it.

Sam explained it when he dueled Raiden in the regular game. When he disagrees with someone on an issue, he duels them. Whoever wins is right, so Sam rolls with it because that's the only thing he's ever known.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I love how Armstrong is just trying to recruit Sam, but is putting more effort into murdering him than he did with Raiden. :v:

Great LP, Chip. I enjoyed it a lot.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Spiritus Nox posted:

I love that moment in general. Sam and Raiden are both :stare:ed out by Armstrong's....everything, but where Raiden gets mad Sam just rolls with it and finds everything about it tremendously amusing.

It also demonstrates why Armstrong would've been a terrible President. How can you trust the fiscal policy of a man that wastes military resources instead of buying a box of Roman candles?

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

Gaz-L posted:

It also demonstrates why Armstrong would've been a terrible President. How can you trust the fiscal policy of a man that wastes military resources instead of buying a box of Roman candles?

The explosions were probably just a byproduct of him sucking all the energy out of them for his nano-body. Or something like that.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

A perfect summary of the LP itself. :allears:

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Felinoid posted:

The explosions were probably just a byproduct of him sucking all the energy out of them for his nano-body. Or something like that.

You have to wonder what the gently caress they told the average Denverite about all that.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
You could just weld your arm on... if your entire body was claytronics. Looks like Doktor was right all along. Thanks for the great LP, C&I!

fake edit: Could be considered a spoiler, but in light of the DLC ending I just want to remind people that this got unironically posted earlier in the thread.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

Spiritus Nox posted:

You have to wonder what the gently caress they told the average Denverite about all that.

"Just a routine police exercise. Nothing to be alarmed by. Avoid falling debris on your way home."

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Holy crap, someone on Youtube mentioned that the last first VR mission you did in this last update is just a recreation of Castlevania 1-1. I've been playing those games all this month, how the hell did I not notice?

EDIT: First is not last.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Spiritus Nox posted:

Weather balloon.

Phantasium posted:

Holy crap, someone on Youtube mentioned that the last VR mission you did is just a recreation of Castlevania 1-1. I've been playing those games all this month, how the hell did I not notice?

Holy poo poo that's loving radical. :stare:

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
In MGSV Sam will return as an orphan boy Big Boss raised to fight all the Draculas.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Not only that, but I think he was shopping around to find someone who could kill Armstrong. Remember, for all his skill, Sam's just a dude in a power suit with a sweet sword. Add that sweet sword to Raiden's super crazy giant robit throwing body and you get a dead Armstrong.

And if Sam won, then Raiden wouldn't have had a chance and Armstrong would be right, so his philosophy would proceed as normal. It's really kind of win-win for a crazy blood knight.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Gaseous Snake posted:

Fantastic LP and if I ever get enough scratch to get a PS3 I'm definitely grabbing this game.

On a side note, I feel like Platinum missed out on an opportunity to make the player feel like a complete bad rear end by letting them use a well timed blade mode to cut off Armstrong's arm.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I think the biggest problem with a lot of the VR missions is that you have to run through them a few times to get a routine, and then you have to run that routine over and over until you luck out and it goes perfectly.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Is Armstrong capable of deconstructing vehicles and matter like the commanders off Total Annihilation?

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Thank you Chip for showing me a good time and convincing me to go to Wal-Mart and shove 40 bucks into the cashier's face so that I can play this game for myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Captain Pissweak posted:

In MGSV Sam will return as an orphan boy Big Boss raised to fight all the Draculas.

I would unironically love this.

Not just because it'd be great, but also because it'd shut up all of the people who are whining about MGR sucking and not being canon.

• Locked thread