Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Well you see, Adam's a cyborg and so is Raiden therefor they are their games must be similar.

The big cyborg looks a bit like the jerk that paralyzed Adam Jensen in the tutorial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

swamp waste posted:

It's a cliche for female video game characters to be pointlessly sexy but I feel like they did an okay job with Mistral. The black arms suggest a Kali thing going on and their disembodied auto-erotic poses point up the body horror and alienation of the whole cyborg concept and of her personality in particular. At least it's conceptually tight.

She's faarrr better than Kojima's "beauties" in MGS4. That was over the top. Everything I like about this game so far is basically non-Kojima or doesn't totally look like his handiwork since he was further away during this project.

And what the gently caress is going on in here? 300 posts two days after an update, and a batting average of 8.75 pages per update. Don't try to be the Dangan Ronpa thread.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Dickey Butts posted:

(also the music is like dragonforce if dragonforce didn't suck)

The OST to Monsoon's fight literally set my eardrums on fire. I'm deaf now. But it lives on in my mind as a meme.

Dabir posted:

I thought the point of the white blood in MGS4 was to cram every last homosexual undertone possible into the Raiden/Vamp fight.

I have no doubt Kojima rationalized whatever psuedoscience he had to in order to get white blood for that scene. "Could you be that one to finally finish me?"

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

beep by grandpa posted:

With the black skin I am just not feeling any drama or consequence to anything that happens. It pretty much removes all the humanity, takes me completely out of it and makes all the characters seems like weird, gross insect people to me (maybe some of you like that but I don't).

I'm glad they went with the light melanin since I can really get behind a dramatic scene such as Raiden badly losing his first fight with Sam.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

It's pretty shallow, considering the other inhuman alterations the characters have (there's a character in the Bladewolf DLC that really takes this to the max).

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Nanomachines, son in METAL GEAR RISING: REVENGEANCE [VLP]

SWMadness posted:

Most villains that are interesting in stories have some elements of truth to their motivations. When Armstrong goes on about putting the power of the nation back in the hands of the people, that's a sentiment that a lot of reasonable people will agree with.

Monsoon and Sam are probably the closest to Raiden minus whatever hope he has left. I don't know about Armstrong except that Platinum was trolling everyone in /pol/.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Agent Interrobang posted:

Yeah, I know a fair few non-crazy anarchists and pretty much all of them would consider Armstrong to be a lunatic. Anarchy means 'without rulers', not 'without order'; a society where might makes right is more-or-less antithetical to anarchism because if someone is using force to take what they want and keep their peons in line, they are setting themselves up as a de facto ruler. Anarchist thought tends to hold that society does not need authority figures, not that it does not need laws, cooperation, or civil order.

And Armstrong here is the ULTIMATE 'authority figure.' He's using his vast personal wealth, collection of overpowered toys, his privately-owned armies, and manipulation of popular media to attempt to take control of the government so he can then strip away the POSITIVE benefits government gives the people in favor of instituting a might-makes-right feudalist pyramid that will almost assuredly have him at the top. That's EXTREMELY not anarchism, it's just bogstandard chickenshit objectivist claptrap.

I'm glad someone else jumped in because it was getting circlejerky for a bit. Armstrong's plan is 1)Start war 2)??? 3)End all war. He doesn't want you to be a slave to the government but he's going to use the government to force everyone... to do something? He'll figure out it as he goes because he knows he's so awesome.

And in terms of MGS, the fact that they fleshed that character flaw out but didn't give us an infodump on the manufacturer and impurities percentage of the silver spoon they put in Armstrong's mouth when he was born is amazing. It doesn't matter what exactly drove him here, because there's nothing Raiden can do to convince him that Armstrong, nano-Senator, can't fix all the world's problems with his Randian superpowers.

DeusExMachinima fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Sep 7, 2013

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Cardiovorax posted:

If power suits can do that, then why do they even bother with cyborgs at all?
Did you... miss the whole Monsoon thing? Besides, some most people would rather keep their body so if Sam has already mastered it the old-fashioned way, why go under the knife?

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

it's not like his sword was the only thing he enhanced.
:heysexy:

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Rogue Warrior?! :ughh:

Replace "PMC" with "soldier" and the theme extends back to when Big Boss first got a backstory.

The PMC trend ultimately began when Big Boss created Soldiers Without Borders to escape what had happened to him. The cycle continues.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

apostateCourier posted:

Oh, right, forgot about the prologue. Yeah, he goofed pretty badly there, it's not like he couldn't have stopped those three cyborgs without creating a barricade behind him. Still, in terms of damage he's personally responsible for, the total is fairly reasonable considering what he was up against.

It was a pretty conservative move. In case Raiden doesn't take on everyone like a super ninja should, the PM still has a headstart (not that it mattered, thanks Sundowner!).

srb posted:

N'mani was a Prime Minister, doesn't count.

Prime Minister of Africa! :goonsay:

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Revolvers can be magnums. "Magnum" just refers to the powder charge.

Pitch posted:

.45 Long Colt is almost identical in dimensions to .44 Magnum. The word only means that it's larger than an older cartridge it was based on, not that it's larger than most.

The codec infodump is coming from inside the thread! :tinfoil:

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Did I miss a ballpark start date on C&I's DLC playthroughs? Or is it done when it's done?

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Speaking of instakill trains, I posted this in the bad games thread so I might as well post it here. The perfect companion LP to C&I's LP of Rogue Warrior: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x4lj2p2Dhc

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Ximum posted:

The shadow paralysis thing was explained as a special kind of hypnosis using light reflected off the knife.

This is the shittiest goddamn thing I've ever heard, Jesus Christ. You know what it is? Using light reflected off a knife, Vamp made Kojima realize what a pretentious jackass he was and he tried to fix it and make everything in the "modern" MGS mythos consistent by way of magic plot glue (nanoglue, son). In the process he made himself an even bigger paranoid douchebag that wouldn't be out of place at an Area 51 UFO watchers/sovereign citizen militia potluck.

e: MGS2 was never totally coherent (and possibly in the Matrix???) so a vampire merc that could pin your shadow down with magic was just fine

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

So Khamsin was apparently a true believer in ARE FREEDOMS :911: judging from what Mistral said. He was never going to be one of the Winds of Destruction because he was too easy to use, too moral (in his own weird way) to be trusted not to throw a fit over ripping out child brains.

But who wants to fight a chain-axe wielding Dreadnought? Send the robo-dog to do it!

quote:

Honestly, I thought that Khamsin was going to end up being the guy that originally got Bladewolf to think about freedom.

He did.

DeusExMachinima fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Oct 4, 2013

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

Silentman0 posted:

I just wanted everyone to know that I've been waiting to make and post this since Chip started this LP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3LeaSeUqv0

You're bad people.

quote:

At least to the level of the other members of the WoD.

I'm thinking Assamite or Nos.

DeusExMachinima fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Oct 5, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

You could just weld your arm on... if your entire body was claytronics. Looks like Doktor was right all along. Thanks for the great LP, C&I!

fake edit: Could be considered a spoiler, but in light of the DLC ending I just want to remind people that this got unironically posted earlier in the thread.

• Locked thread