Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

wyoming posted:

Has there been any talk of John Simm being involved? Because The Master is technically part of the Time War now isn't he? I can't remember how that whole thing worked.

That seems unlikely at the moment. The Radio Times just published a piece saying that he wants Doctor Who fans to leave him alone. He says the remark was taken out of context and overblown, which is likely, but I do think he'd probably like a little space from the role.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so

Bicyclops posted:

That seems unlikely at the moment. The Radio Times just published a piece saying that he wants Doctor Who fans to leave him alone. He says the remark was taken out of context and overblown, which is likely, but I do think he'd probably like a little space from the role.

I think he's also said he views his Master as the Delgado to Tennant's Pertwee, in that he feels he's strictly a one-Doctor Master (which makes sense, seeing how obviously one is modeled to play against the other). He's expressed interest in returning before, at least to do a regeneration scene, but he's denied involvement with the 50th and very probably won't be in it.

I liked Simm in his few appearances and I'd like to see him do a more subdued Ainley-in-Survival take on the role against Smith, but I'm also definitely ready for a new Master (come onnn Benedict Cumberbatch).

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Simm did approach Moffat at some awards show and mention he would be up for the role still. That was a couple of years ago now, though.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Maybe Hurt's Doctor is a actually a brainwashed Zygon? A Zygon who was impersonating The Doctor during the Time War, but The Doctor tricked into thinking he's really The Doctor?

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!

Bicyclops posted:

I really hate it when sci fi actors hate being a part of what they were on. Kind of a slap in the face to fans. I hope he changes his mind.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

He doesn't have any obligation. Let your entitlement go.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

rocket_man38 posted:

I really hate it when sci fi actors hate being a part of what they were on. Kind of a slap in the face to fans. I hope he changes his mind.

There are only so many times one can go out to dinner with the family and be asked an unprovoked horde of questions before it becomes frustrating, I imagine.

ButtercupSaiyan
May 25, 2013

by Fistgrrl
Oh funk yes, a spoiler thread

SPOIL ME BABY I WANNA KNOW

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

ButtercupSaiyan posted:

Oh funk yes, a spoiler thread

SPOIL ME BABY I WANNA KNOW

Sadly we don't know much anymore :( I hear John Hurt is in the anniversary special though!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Basically the OP has everything we know as confirmed and rumoured. Since filming is over and done with, it's going to be pretty much under wraps for quite some time now, unless some production guy leaks something. Until then, we're just waiting for trailers. Which I'd imagine is October at the absolute earliest. :(

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

The_Doctor posted:

Basically the OP has everything we know as confirmed and rumoured. Since filming is over and done with, it's going to be pretty much under wraps for quite some time now, unless some production guy leaks something. Until then, we're just waiting for trailers. Which I'd imagine is October at the absolute earliest. :(

Man, you're The Doctor. You were there, man! You should tell us what went down!

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

jivjov posted:

They didn't ask this particular one back.

Blasphemeral
Jul 26, 2012

Three mongrel men in exchange for a party member? I found that one in the Faustian Bargain Bin.

jivjov posted:

:rolleyes: Look at his avatar. Clearly he's the Eighth Doctor and knows about as little as the rest of us.

[Edit] Because it hasn't happened to him yet, you see.

Blasphemeral fucked around with this message at 13:16 on May 30, 2013

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I'm in the middle of a thrilling adventure with Anji and Fitz. This talk of a Time War is depressing. :sigh:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Fitz was a great companion. Who should've played him alongside Paul McGann if they'd been on TV?

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so

The_Doctor posted:

I'm in the middle of a thrilling adventure with Anji and Fitz. This talk of a Time War is depressing. :sigh:

"The Eighth Doctor in [i posted:

Dark Eyes[/i]"]A war with the Daleks that wiped out the Time Lords? That is just about the most preposterous thing I've ever heard.

Metal Loaf posted:

Fitz was a great companion. Who should've played him alongside Paul McGann if they'd been on TV?

Oh wow, good question. James Nesbitt maybe?

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All the world's a stage I'm going through

Metal Loaf posted:

Alan Davies.

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

I don't know what Fitz the companion is like, but now I'm imagining Robbie Coltrane as a companion.

I like it.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Metal Loaf posted:

He was played by Matt Di Angelo:

Labratio
Apr 22, 2003

Super
Hero
In
Training

Decius posted:

Eh, we had enough Doctor angsting around with Tennant already, and we all know that he will find some solution if it even comes up, because the BBC and we all want more Doctor Who.

He already did; when River gives the Doctor rest of her regenerations in Let's Kill Hitler, we don't know how many she gives him, which means that there could be any number of them left in him at this point.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Labratio posted:

He already did; when River gives the Doctor rest of her regenerations in Let's Kill Hitler, we don't know how many she gives him, which means that there could be any number of them left in him at this point.

She was on her third regeneration, so she gave him 9.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Whizbang posted:

She was on her third regeneration, so she gave him 9.

We know of three for sure, but there could have been more between Baby Melody, the little girl in astronaut suit and New York (who may or may not still be the same regeneration as Baby Melody) and Amy's friend Mels.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Labratio posted:

She used her regeneration energy to heal him, costing all her regenerations. It wasn't a 1:1 swap.

ButtercupSaiyan
May 25, 2013

by Fistgrrl

jivjov posted:

Sadly we don't know much anymore :( I hear John Hurt is in the anniversary special though!

That's enough to know it's gonna be AWESOME! Holy crap am I happy I found a free Dalek 3d model right now.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Sup 3D modeling dude. :hfive:

This is where I'm at a week after DL'ing 3-D max's trial version. I want to recreate the 1st version of the Tardis interior.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Darth Brooks posted:

Sup 3D modeling dude. :hfive:

This is where I'm at a week after DL'ing 3-D max's trial version. I want to recreate the 1st version of the Tardis interior.

Console seems a little close to the door. :colbert:

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

It's a work in progress. Eventually I want to get it close to this and bring it into Skyrim.

ButtercupSaiyan
May 25, 2013

by Fistgrrl

Davros1 posted:

Maybe Hurt's Doctor is a actually a brainwashed Zygon? A Zygon who was impersonating The Doctor during the Time War, but The Doctor tricked into thinking he's really The Doctor?

I had to go look like that up but it's a really interesting theory: http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Zygon

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Uh-oh.

@DrWhoOnline

"It's the end... But the moment has been prepared for" Keep your eyes and ears peeled in the next few hours folks! ;)

Please don't be Matt going please don't be Matt going, etc.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
If Matt is leaving, I wonder if we'll get the replacement news as well or if that'll wait. The rumor going around the last few weeks was that Ben Daniels was selected, but that just sounded like typical rumor mongering.

Talk is the news might have possibly been prematurely leaked already, at least according to someone Ian Levine knows who then informed him. If that is the case, the news was supposedly that the next season will start in August of next year, run for 12 episodes and feature a brand new Doctor.

Teek fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Jun 1, 2013

Royal W
Jun 20, 2008
But I thought Smith was confirmed through season 8?

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
That was never anything official other than off hand interviews with Matt. In fact, it seemed like ever other month it was flip flopping.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Nooooooooooooo, Matt Smith don't go.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Teek posted:

If Matt is leaving, I wonder if we'll get the replacement news as well or if that'll wait. The rumor going around the last few weeks was that Ben Daniels was selected, but that just sounded like typical rumor mongering.

Talk is the news might have possibly been prematurely leaked already, at least according to someone Ian Levine knows who then informed him. If that is the case, the news was supposedly that the next season will start in August of next year, run for 12 episodes and feature a brand new Doctor.

As much as I enjoy Matt Smith, I would be thrilled if they chose an older actor.

Royal W
Jun 20, 2008

Maera Sior posted:

As much as I enjoy Matt Smith, I would be thrilled if they chose an older actor.

INTRODUCING JOHN HURT AS THE DOCTOR.
Season 8 will all be a flashback of the time war lived out in the Doctor's memory as he regenerates from 11-12.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Royal W posted:

But I thought Smith was confirmed through season 8?

What, like Billie Piper was for series 3?

Ah well. Always better to leave them wanting more than outstay your welcome, right? Right?

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

Royal W posted:

INTRODUCING JOHN HURT AS THE DOCTOR.
Season 8 will all be a flashback of the time war lived out in the Doctor's memory as he regenerates from 11-12.

A one-shot not-Doctor doesn't really count.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Sentinel Red posted:

Uh-oh.

@DrWhoOnline

"It's the end... But the moment has been prepared for" Keep your eyes and ears peeled in the next few hours folks! ;)

I would be 100% down for (1) having this be the last adventure of the Eleventh Doctor before his regeneration and then (2) constantly bringing Smith back for multi-Doctor adventures for, like, the next ten seasons.

Maera Sior
Jan 5, 2012

@DrWhoOnline
Can't say much more but we have been contacted by a couple of newspapers regarding some news that will be EVERYWHERE tomorrow.

Noooo, Matt. You can't leave us!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Sentinel Red posted:

Uh-oh.

@DrWhoOnline

Oh nooooooooooooooooo.

Please oh please oh please don't leave Matt. :(

• Locked thread