Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

A Terrible Person posted:

Also voting we check the snacks Snarls is eating. Wouldn't surprise me if these folks know of a few poisons or powerful sedatives that dogs couldn't detect easily.
You did, you didn't sense anything strange, though your ability to sense such is not perfect, though Snarls would probably smell something if it was dangerous?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
L. B, but mentally have Snarl regally make a repeat-after-me-speech:

Poor choice of young smeller, prey upon strong and made poorer choice,
Plot to betray guest and sin again El,
Broke honor like Jubilee.
Last chance to make wise choice, set free our smeller!
Friend we may become, or as ENEMY!

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Apr 21, 2024

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Theglavwen posted:

Hmmm, B

Seems like B or F are the best options to me - both get the Armanumians back, both make clear our position, both have us throwing out some sort of justification for our behaviour. But reading between the lines, F seems like it's making the Mighty Men even more angry, probably because it's us coming in and threatening to destroy another state unless they do what we say. The actions of a Tyrant. B however just has us ending an injustice and sort of excuses our earlier behaviour by putting their plot front and centre, making it look like we were just wisely deterring them from springing their trap.

Or K for the humour.

+1

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

B

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

J - Snarls was invited to meet the King afterall.

Bob Tuskins
Jul 27, 2007

I couldn't imagine life without the beautiful sight of the green horde
B

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

B

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

They wanted to try to steal snarls? I almost never post or vote but follow avidly.

write in vote:

Burn this place to the ground then nuke from orbit

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Theglavwen posted:

Hmmm, B

Seems like B or F are the best options to me - both get the Armanumians back, both make clear our position, both have us throwing out some sort of justification for our behaviour. But reading between the lines, F seems like it's making the Mighty Men even more angry, probably because it's us coming in and threatening to destroy another state unless they do what we say. The actions of a Tyrant. B however just has us ending an injustice and sort of excuses our earlier behaviour by putting their plot front and centre, making it look like we were just wisely deterring them from springing their trap.

Hell yeah, laying down the law but in a magnanimous way that makes us look like we're doing them a favor. Cleverkidel Best Enkidel.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

quote:

“Warn the Steward that they can take our dogs from us, his plan seems impossible, they are more Blooded than we thought.” The other soldier nods and then runs off.

I actually laughed at this one. What a bunch of idiots, they saw that we're basically a dude out of the old tales and thought "Know what? I bet we can take that guy's dog. They wouldn't possibly do anything if we got their dog!"

B let our silver tongue eloquent explain just how they hosed up

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

J with very clear B undertones as that’s how we’re going to leave

OrangeOrbit
Apr 27, 2008
Fun Shoe
B

Althair
Jul 26, 2006
words are weapons
I exploration!

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
K Come on guys, we may have the chance to bring home a friend for snarls. Maybe this dog king is being held hostage here!

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

TheCog posted:

And we brought the big old smeller to the den with us, because big old smeller would never be dumb enough to attack the guardians of the den during a visit, and thus the stinky treat givers were not worthy of having him.

(Take the dog!)

Voting K plus this plan. Our dog now comrade

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
K, but kill anyone who tries to stop us.. They broke the hospitality rules and tried to kill a foreign king. Pretty sure that's a declaration of war. Its gently caress around and find out rules now.

We shouldn't leave the palace until we twist the stewards's head off and punt it out of the city.

Outrail fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Apr 21, 2024

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Outrail posted:

K, but kill anyone who tries to stop us.. They broke the hospitality rules and tried to kill a foreign king. Pretty sure that's a declaration of war. Its gently caress around and find out rules now.

Just to clarify since we sped things up a bit and are just summarizing the evidence rather than going into it at length...

The plan was to separate you from Snarls and say Snarls wanted to stay without you. Not to actually kill you.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Diogines posted:

Just to clarify since we sped things up a bit and are just summarizing the evidence rather than going into it at length...

The plan was to separate you from Snarls and say Snarls wanted to stay without you. Not to actually kill you.

Kidnapping a visiting foreign king or member of the royal family, that is war baaaaaaby.

Outrail fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Apr 21, 2024

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Oh yes if you want to, sure. We just wanted to be clear it did not appear that they actually planned to kill you.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Diogines posted:

Oh yes if you want to, sure. We just wanted to be clear it did not appear that they actually planned to kill you.

If they tried to take Snarls they may as well have.

E: their plan was still laughably and transparently bad. Whoever actually thought it was a good idea is an absolute idiot.

Dr Cheesequake
Dec 23, 2008

I dream of humans and goblins co-existing peacefully
B

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Volmarias posted:

If they tried to take Snarls they may as well have.
Technically I think that may qualify as a suicide?

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

B

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

So I'm just saying, Snarls is a very bright-shining mystical being, who various factions would probably want to capture. There's a real possibility that Yeledtov was behind this whole scheme.

Also a possibility that Yeledtov is way above our pay grade.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Diogines posted:

Technically I think that may qualify as a suicide?

On their part, for attempting to take Snarls? Yes, that's one way to describe their choices.

Lead out in cuffs posted:

So I'm just saying, Snarls is a very bright-shining mystical being, who various factions would probably want to capture. There's a real possibility that Yeledtov was behind this whole scheme.

Also a possibility that Yeledtov is way above our pay grade.

I can all but guarantee that Yeledtov is, at worst, another Orm-like creature. Either they're unable to effectively communicate their wishes beyond "dogs are great, more dogs" or they're not strong enough to be a problem because they're somehow still around despite a complete lack of foresight

Volmarias fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Apr 21, 2024

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

Volmarias posted:

I can all but guarantee that Yeledtov is, at worst, another Orm-like creature. Either they're unable to effectively communicate their wishes beyond "dogs are great, more dogs" or they're not strong enough to be a problem because they're somehow still around despite a complete lack of foresight

You're probably pretty drat close with the Orm comparison.

My guess is Yeledtov is an Old Tales era "Blooded" Dog who's Master/Maker died ages ago and now he's got no one to talk with and is bored to tears.

...crap, I'm already making up my own Old Dog King mental fanfic backstory.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

alpaca diseases posted:

J with very clear B undertones as that’s how we’re going to leave

This I want to meet the big dog first but also want to B our way out

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

With one hand he saves gebs. With the other he commits goblin genocide. A true neutral.

My guess is the dog king being old means their humans are worried about who takes over since their entire system of governance is based on a dog king.
Snarls being in the region is El sending them a miracle as they don't need to change if they can just get another dog king that's clearly much younger and can put off any worries about what to do if their king dies for thousands of years.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Yeah, they want Snarls to be their new prince.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

A Terrible Person posted:

You're probably pretty drat close with the Orm comparison.

My guess is Yeledtov is an Old Tales era "Blooded" Dog who's Master/Maker died ages ago and now he's got no one to talk with and is bored to tears.

...crap, I'm already making up my own Old Dog King mental fanfic backstory.

To this day, he still waits for his master, at the place he would always frequent no matter how tired he feels.

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
We are the bulwark of the law , so let's be righteously outraged. B

Canasta_Nasty
Aug 23, 2005

B

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

CloFan posted:

Yeah this. J with the intention of B after we see the big dog.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

I, but we'll save B for later.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

CloFan posted:

This (J with B afterwards), I don't wanna leave without meeting dog king, that's the whole reason we came over here in the first place!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Do we have a way to obliquely state there's no way their plan could have worked and we are in fact supremely blooded? you know, like a dog whistle?

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
B.

Let's get all justice up in this!

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

By popular demand posted:

Do we have a way to obliquely state there's no way their plan could have worked and we are in fact supremely blooded? you know, like a dog whistle?

I think we kinda sorta did that already when we convinced their own dogs to turn on them?

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
B.
El is the light and the truth and the way and his sword has now been drawn from its sheath. Let the region know a new sherrif is in town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

H

First, we meet dog King. The rest we figure out later.