Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
J with a plan to B out of here later.

I too want to meet King Dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
From B to J.

Lets see this dog king.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
"Rescue" Dog King, give it to Raphu as a pet.

The old man he thinks he needs to kill a monster to feel alive, but a friend will work just as well.

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003
B strays to close to speaking els will for me.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope

Hot Dog Day 80 posted:

B strays to close to speaking els will for me.

I don't think we need to worry about speaking for El, this is like, pretty basic dogma that the house supports. Nobody's gonna get miffed at us.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

F+K.. gently caress these people. We're in charge right now until we say otherwise. If they're lucky nobody dies, but they are NOT going to be treated kindly. Plotting to kidnap Snarls? They're already dead until we decide otherwise.

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe

ChaseSP posted:

To this day, he still waits for his master, at the place he would always frequent no matter how tired he feels.

Big twist, Yeledtov is actually a she but is called he/him so they can legally retain the throne.

The thread proceeds to schism between those who want Snuls pups and those decrying the horrible ethics of our Enkidog successfully mating.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Snarls having pups is a black-bag moment since it counts as us having kids fwiw

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Snarls having pups is a black-bag moment since it counts as us having kids fwiw

The moment rules lawyer Og has been waiting for

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
D O G

B I G D O G

N O W

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

That's just secondary mitosis your honor.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

The most benign explanation is that ancient doggo is lonely because nobody alive can talk to it, and they wanted to sieze Snuls as a companion.

Or, more likely, they’re just assholes.

Either way we gotta meet big king doggo and find out.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I still want the meeting with the king to be from Snarls' perspective.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

FoxTerrier posted:

The most benign explanation is that ancient doggo is lonely because nobody alive can talk to it, and they wanted to sieze Snuls as a companion.

Or, more likely, they’re just assholes.

Either way we gotta meet big king doggo and find out.

Por que no los dos?

Anyone else expecting to see a dog the size of a dire polar bear?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
I'm hoping for a dachshund the size of hippo.

E: or a chihuahua.

Outrail fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Apr 22, 2024

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Doig, can we do a quick presence sense?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

101 dalmatians in a trenchcoat

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Outrail posted:

I'm hoping for a dachshund the size of hippo.

E: or a chihuahua.

Hulk dog poodle

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

J

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
Meet
The
Dog

Polgas
Sep 2, 2018

With one hand he saves gebs. With the other he commits goblin genocide. A true neutral.

Voting for J

Theoretically I think depending on our talk with the dog king, we can still swing a mostly peaceful result as a whole as part of our regional stabilization goal.

Obviously with how aggressive they are to even consider the attempt at kidnapping, we'd have to explicitly tell them we'll kill them all if they start their raiding us.
Their plan has also given us the leverage to take back the our enslaved citizens.

Still if we are correct and the ruling class of the city knows its in a crisis period, they might be willing to accept alternative plans rather than their hail mary play of get another dog king to replace their old one.

Aside from their king problem, they lost the only city willing to trade with them and kelashin is probably eyeing them and if they attack they will succeed because aside from their experienced army, the neighbors will rejoice and at minimum open their markets to keep the army supplied.

If they agree to release all of their slaves captured in raids and stop attacking, we can offer to open our city to trade. I figure kelashin will notice our hand in this and go for other cities since there are still cities without a pretender so there are enough low hanging fruits to gobble before butting heads with a peer power, trade will help reorient their economy to one that doesn't rely on raids so they'll eventually become great city bad instead of donut bad and releasing their slaves from other cities will get their neighbors to be neutral and take the pr win on the returning slaves like we will and focus on other problems.

Obviously we don't actually explicitly or implicitly tell them we'll protect them if kelashin attacks but we've had enough donut kings try to butter us up so being trade partners will bump them down the kelashin conquest list for the time being.

Polgas fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Apr 22, 2024

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
B

A Terrible Person
Jan 8, 2012

The Dance of Friendship

Fun Shoe
:hmmyes:

UppaTree
May 4, 2013

B, also explicitly call the Steward a son of a bitch in the process.

That isn't a common insult in Ur, I intend to make it so, in honor of these dumb sumbitches here, formally defined as "one possessing the temperament, virtue and intelligence seen in Yeledtov.'

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

UppaTree posted:

That isn't a common insult in Ur, I intend to make it so, in honor of these dumb sumbitches here, formally defined as "one possessing the temperament, virtue and intelligence seen in Yeledtov.'

Yes. It's personal, get personal. But real slow like so we can savor it. Get real close and very, very slowly bend over at the waist until we're right in his face staring him in the eye. Then snatch his sidearm and shatter it with our teeth or some poo poo, should be able to just tell the sword it's time for retirement.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Voting is closed.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
The dog is a capybara with a fake tail. Our first clue behind the curtain.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

UppaTree posted:

They probably view being called the son of a female dog as a great compliment :munch:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Call him a catty little moron

Esper
Nov 23, 2004
Killed a baboon, once.
My bet is the dog king is an offspring or descendant of Snarls... It was bound to happen eventually.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
I thought that Snarls is basically sterile, like we are, absent Very Specific External Actors And Actions? Otherwise, his parade of Watches The Stupid Fuzzies companions would have made for an explosion in the dog population.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
Snarls banging all of Watches the stupid fuzzies' descendants through the last 120 years is still hilarious to me and we should all laugh at it.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Zodiac5000 posted:

Snarls banging all of Watches the stupid fuzzies' descendants through the last 120 years is still hilarious to me and we should all laugh at it.

loving Your Bitches Unto Seven Generations

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Struggle session for Snarls where all the OG balls gather around and explain to him whats up

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
'These men want to take you away from me forever' and watch Snarls go reverse John Wick.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Outrail posted:

'These men want to take you away from me forever' and watch Snarls go reverse John Wick.

He wouldn't, he knows we would destroy everyone in Ur and then ourselves if anything happened to him.

ArbitraryTA
May 3, 2011

Diogines posted:

We did a partial recap... years ago, but even that is a number of years out of date. So uh, not really? If you ask someone might give you a SUPER quick and dirty summary? I am afraid to write a quick and dirty one because doing so might give definitive answers to questions and mysteries which are not fully resolved.

We woke up on a beach and found out surprise we're the bad guy's kid but not really because we were adopted from the ocean which is neither good nor bad

then we got saved/captured/adopted by some dudes because the sky told them to, and have basically been trying to figure that change of circumstances out for roundabout 200 years give or take half a century. We met a cool dog, though.

Anyways we just hit puberty and are currently dealing with that whole thing, also our dad went out for smokes and never came back.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Volmarias posted:

He wouldn't, he knows we would destroy everyone in Ur and then ourselves if anything happened to him.

Joad: I'm sorry Ogio, your Dog is in another Castle.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

ArbitraryTA posted:

also our dad went out for smokes and never came back.

*smoking demons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Um quick and dirty game summary…ok:

So we were rescued from Ashera worshipers (ocean faction, wants to literally eat everything) as a child. Because that’s far to the south and to the coast of the rest of Ur (air or land faction, unclear) we are a lot darker than everyone else and people can think that’s weird. But now we are so buff it doesn’t really matter, because buffness=respect around these here parts.

(No idea who our Ashera faction dad might have been, or if he even was Ashera faction. But our mom was Ur aligned.)

Anyway, when I say we are buff I mean we are hilariously tall and strong. Think biblical Nephalim. We also have not-magic we can invoke, but costs are high and it’s not clear how we regen MP—so use sparingly. We argue a lot about when to use our MP, aka ‘shards and orbs.’

Ashera faction has been eating up the coastline so we’ve had to move our people inward. We are settling atop a giant fuckoff tepui, which will hopefully be in a great position to survive the Apocalypse (did I mention that seems to slowly be unfolding? Every 50 years poo poo gets worse).

The biggest hurdles to our survival is our own bleeding heart, the 50 year shitfests during Jubilee, and our own long standing desire to slam our dicks in the nearest doors to see what happens.

And oh yeah, during the last 50 year shitfest our hometown was wrecked, and that’s why we moved inland. We also ascended to kinda like demi-god status, and are now the demi-god of rules lawyering instead of something cool. The average Joe has no idea this is the case though, and it’s important people don’t suspect we aren’t mortal or the god of the Ur faction—aka El—might smite our rear end. He doesn’t like competition.

So yeah, now we are trying to integrate refugees, but without tanking our peoples max HP/MP potential by marrying too many of them to new low HP/MP citizens. And we wanna keep the traditionalist and progressives from shanking each other. Plus building up our brand new city, avoiding mass starvation (farmland is currently hosed), and occasionally taking a break to kill demons.

Also our best friend is a giant talking dog, and our wife is also our adopted step-sister and the daughter of our mom’s second (?) husband. But it’s not weird bro I swear.

Ok yea that’s about it. Welcome to the game.