Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

It's not a game where you can gently caress up too badly by just doing whatever seems cool. I encourage you to test weapons out until you find one that you like the combos for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
That said, One handed, Shield, Bow, and Martial Arts are all fun as hell. Lot of people also love Brawl since it hits hard.

Shield and MA are cool because their combos are flexible and you can basically sub in whatever you want based on the actual moves, since the chains are based on which animation you're coming out of vs which button press. You can make up some neat chains, and with Shield you can even swap in throws.

Edit: The hand energy blast one is cool, too.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I don't know how it holds up now, but not long after Shield came out, I made an Elec/DP/Healer that just murdered everything in sight from 1-30, only using gear that dropped.

I might check the game out after the revamp. I enjoyed it, just not the toxic community.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
I might play it again too. I had a good time playing until 30 but given how new I was to mmos I had no idea how to progress beyond that at the time and gradually lost interest as it felt like I hit a wall there.

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
Is there a guild or something still going for this?

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!
stuff that's good in dcuo now: sorcery, mental, ice, earth, natures and hand blasters

I wish gear wasn't so annoying to get past like 110 CR. It becomes such a grind.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Can you play a shapeshifting focused Nature character again yet? It used to be so awesome in beta and then they ruined out into garbage tier.

I wanna be a high speed wolfman, dammit.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
You can pretty much play whatever. As long as you are Premium or Subbing, all it takes is a little extra cash to redistribute your skills and powers. However, the upcoming stat change is going to make big changes (like access to powers depending on levels).

IIRC, the Starro invasion special event should be starting now or in just a few days.

If you're looking for a new power, Water is going to come out in June.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
This game is not really that fun if you are just interested in powergaming. It shines when you are playing a character with a power/weaponset that you personally find cool. Builds and poo poo wont start to matter until you've played the game for a long time. Builds start to matter right about the time you have to start paying for the game in order to access content, the F2P stuff is pretty much anything goes (up to like gear level 60-70 I think?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

atm the best builds are p well known so just google it, i believe after the stat changes though they are removing stuff like weapon mastery and advanced mechanics so it'll be a whole new ballgame but the top dcuo streamers have already been finding solid builds on the pts

• Locked thread