Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Is there a way to respec your skill/power points? I made a few mistakes and can't remember if/where we can do respecs. I'm assuming the stuff for sony funbucks is for selecting completely news powers and weapons and such.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
You can respec at the main hub (Watchtower or Hall of Doom).

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Costs 500 credits, and on the Watchtower, at least, it's in the garden which is in the... bottom left? corner of the place. It's either bottom left or bottom right, I think the respec garden is left. It'll let you choose if you want to just do skill, just do power, or both at once. Price is the same across all 3 picks.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Syrg Sapphire posted:

Costs 500 credits, and on the Watchtower, at least, it's in the garden which is in the... bottom left? corner of the place. It's either bottom left or bottom right, I think the respec garden is left. It'll let you choose if you want to just do skill, just do power, or both at once. Price is the same across all 3 picks.

The Watchtower has such a poo poo layout compared to the Hall of Doom. It's actually the #1 reason I don't really play Heroes.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
I have the opposite problem, I cannot loving find my way around the Hall of Doom and the overlapping chunks of map are what makes it so bad.

Actually, really, any area of this game where you have regions more three-dimensional than the map allows for are kind of poo poo.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time
The Watchtower is poo poo compared to the Hall of Doom. I like the big circle a lot better than "let's place gear vendors in these cubby holes way out of the way". Maybe I am partial but I always get lost in the Watchtower. It just seems so unnecessarily spread out and there are sections of the Watchtower that have nothing in them at all. I like the little park area in the Hall of Doom, it is so out of place.

The map details are old but somewhat relevant:

It's a poo poo circle compared to:

edit: see above VVVV

J3ng4 fucked around with this message at 19:25 on May 22, 2013

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Watchtower is a big circle too.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I don't know what's going on with goon leagues on Hero side (probably next to nothing), but I am the only one logged on for the evil league (Goonlimited) way, way too often. So if you are evil and not leagued, find me (Blutkrieg) or someone else in Goonlimited and ask for an invite. In fact, just roll a villain, the Watchtower is annoying and Oracle is even more annoying.

I would like to have enough people on that when I ask who wants to do instances, I don't just get dead air.

The drawback to rolling villain is: Almost every high-level instance was clearly written with heroes in mind, with a shoe-horned in excuse for villain groups to do the same thing. So as a villain you will spend a lot of time fighting Doomsday in Smallville, recapturing Gorilla Grodd, and other stuff that doesn't make sense on a lore basis. Beyond that, it doesn't matter at all.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
I'm installing this now for the first time and will be making a villain.

If I register for a month and use one of the DLC power types for my guy can I still play that guy even after my month of pay-to-play is over? If I make a guy using Light, for example but don't purchase the $10 Light pack.

KonMari DeathMetal
Dec 20, 2009
Just started checking this out today, so far I am enjoying myself, made villains and am experimenting with different powers/weapons a little bit to see what I like most. Trying to find something close to the kinetics power set from CoX if anyone has recommendations. Will definitely try and get hooked up with the goon league.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

nucleicmaxid posted:

I'm installing this now for the first time and will be making a villain.

If I register for a month and use one of the DLC power types for my guy can I still play that guy even after my month of pay-to-play is over? If I make a guy using Light, for example but don't purchase the $10 Light pack.

Yes you can, and you can keep all your characters you make, so I would suggest you just roll up a full 6 characters with a few using the DLC powers, and then just leave them in case you want to try out the non-free stuff after your Legendary runs out. Weapons don't matter (other than Shield) since you can always swap out later. Honestly, I'd probably say to just make every character use the Shield so that you ALWAYS have that first proficiency skill so that even when you aren't Legendary, the game doesn't pull some crap later where you spec out of it and then try to spec back and it says you don't have the right DLC. (The Last Laugh DLC) Shield is the only DLC weapon that was added. (and it's awesome)

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Stalwart Guardian of the Lewd

Fuzz posted:

The Watchtower has such a poo poo layout compared to the Hall of Doom. It's actually the #1 reason I don't really play Heroes.

I can manage with both but I largely prefer horizontal wings to vertical floors. it's just so much simpler.

Stanley Pain posted:

Is there a way to respec your skill/power points? I made a few mistakes and can't remember if/where we can do respecs. I'm assuming the stuff for sony funbucks is for selecting completely news powers and weapons and such.

Syrg Sapphire posted:

it's on the map. it also increases the cost temporarily if you respec more than once. after a couple days the price returns to normal.

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

oooh new thread and lots more posters.

First.. feel free to add me to the list.

Hero: Vim Drowsy
Villian: Nutzo Berzerko

I'm updating game as we speak. Its been awhile since I've played. I first started about a year ago, leveled my hero up to 30 and started to sort out the whole CR. Vim Drowsy is working his way up to level 3.

I've been trying to get Nutzo caught up as there seems to be a rather high demand for healers in the raid missions, but I've not had much time to dedicate to him.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Most of us seem to be playing villains. Haven't seen many people on the last few nights, but I haven't been able to play that much, either.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

I'll be back next week or maybe a few days before that.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Roydrowsy posted:

there seems to be a rather high demand for healers in the raid missions

Ooooooo yeah is there. If you are a semi-competent healer you're gold in Alerts/Raids. You can pretty much be the difference between "we did it" and "gently caress, we keep wiping on this boss". (This is not to say it's a guaranteed lock with a good healer, but if you have a passable group, keeping them all alive long enough will win more often than not.)

jackthesailor
Jul 21, 2006
smokeblunts
I'am really getting down on all of the t4 content since I've got with a solid league. Having a group that is around every night regardless if you are (with 90+cr) is a huge difference in this game. I Seriously felt as if I was going to have to quit playing, or switch to PvP since some of the pick up groups are just that bad, and the content just gets harder if you aren't geared to par with the instance.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Syrg Sapphire posted:

Ooooooo yeah is there. If you are a semi-competent healer you're gold in Alerts/Raids. You can pretty much be the difference between "we did it" and "gently caress, we keep wiping on this boss". (This is not to say it's a guaranteed lock with a good healer, but if you have a passable group, keeping them all alive long enough will win more often than not.)

Man I couldn't get enough last night of getting a team of one DPS and two controllers (neither of which generated power), or even three DPS. In some pretty high-level instances, too.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

two controllers (neither of which generated power)

If you are Legendary/have Home Turf, the best loving patch on this situation is one of the weapon mods you can get in the base (Adaptive Replenisher I think it is?), which will just randomly give you energy on weapon attacks. The higher the tier of mod, the more it restores/the more often it restores. Now that they don't disappear every 30 days, that thing is the poo poo.

KonMari DeathMetal
Dec 20, 2009
I am going to be online for a little bit on villains side if someone wants to add me to the league or whatever. Character name is Public Schooling. Also does this game have a friends list or social panel or am I stupid as hell?

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

access the social menu with F4.

generally speaking, it's a good idea to explore the hell out of your menus when you start a game.

TLM
Mar 3, 2009
I have a Sorc Healer on the Hero side, but if a good chunk of peeps are playing Villain I can roll a new dude.

How are Elec and Nature healing? I can also just make another Sorc guy if they are the best.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

TLM posted:

I have a Sorc Healer on the Hero side, but if a good chunk of peeps are playing Villain I can roll a new dude.

How are Elec and Nature healing? I can also just make another Sorc guy if they are the best.

Electric is supposed to be really good. I rarely see Nature characters in general, probably because the power effects look stupid.

We discovered last night that the best way to self-troll is to keep duel mode active during instances. Someone will either intentionally or accidentally start a duel with me during a fight.

This led to goon Fartulence challenging me to a duel just as Vice came out during the Sciencell instance. Cue us duking it out while Vice barfed blood on us.

After that point we had to rely on charity so that Fartulence could un-break all of his equipment. It was a long night.

TLM
Mar 3, 2009
Cool. I made an Electric Healer villain named Master Dynamo. I will heal all of you goons.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Get in line. Electric Slide = healing pro!

TLM
Mar 3, 2009
Should I make something else then? I could make a Mental Troller if needed. In fact I already have a level 3 guy if we are short on trolls.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Nah, make what you want, though we have a shortage of tanks and way too many trolls. More healers are also never a bad thing.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time
Play what you want, we need more people! If we can fuel 8man raids at some point in he future that would be great. Punching Batman in the dick with pubbies isn't the same.

J3ng4 fucked around with this message at 00:01 on May 27, 2013

TLM
Mar 3, 2009
Ok I made an Ice Tank! I looked at a couple of vids and I think that looks like the coolest (:haw:) tank.

His name is Cobalt Bat for anybody who has inviting powers.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
What's the average CR on the villain side? I've got an alt who is a villain tank (Ice) and if y'all still occasionally do T1/T2 stuff I could probably finish levelling her and help out.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I've currently got a fire tank on the Villain side, but he's only level 17 and probably specced like poo poo. Throw an invite at Phlint Tinder and I can get punched in the face for you in about a week or so.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Syrg Sapphire posted:

What's the average CR on the villain side? I've got an alt who is a villain tank (Ice) and if y'all still occasionally do T1/T2 stuff I could probably finish levelling her and help out.

I'd say getting to t3 content is "average" as it's right before one of the bigger and longer walls in lower content. and it hurts me every time.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I have a CR 60 fire tank.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
In-game villian side as Atchama, Fire/Rifle. Have a 28 Ice/Bow but it's been ages since I played. Gotta get the mechanics down again.

ganash
Oct 18, 2006
You'll see

Fuzz posted:

Yes you can, and you can keep all your characters you make, so I would suggest you just roll up a full 6 characters with a few using the DLC powers, and then just leave them in case you want to try out the non-free stuff after your Legendary runs out. Weapons don't matter (other than Shield) since you can always swap out later. Honestly, I'd probably say to just make every character use the Shield so that you ALWAYS have that first proficiency skill so that even when you aren't Legendary, the game doesn't pull some crap later where you spec out of it and then try to spec back and it says you don't have the right DLC. (The Last Laugh DLC) Shield is the only DLC weapon that was added. (and it's awesome)

Huh that's awesome I was reading somewhere it locked DLC characters without the proper DLC after Legendary ran out. This would make a month of Legendary totally worth it as the powers and shield are the only thing I care about outside the free sub. This thing is awesome to people not wanting to spend money, loving it.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

ganash posted:

Huh that's awesome I was reading somewhere it locked DLC characters without the proper DLC after Legendary ran out. This would make a month of Legendary totally worth it as the powers and shield are the only thing I care about outside the free sub. This thing is awesome to people not wanting to spend money, loving it.

You might have to buy something on your account so you have permanent Premium. Use the 500 free SC you got to buy some dumb cosmetic gear or something.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

ganash posted:

raiding and dungeoning gets expanded by them. t4 and higher without DLC is hell.

EndTimesProfit
Jul 1, 2004

Don't worry son, it's just the Smilin' Mighty Jesus!

I'm in on villain side as Prionis, if someone see's me, throw me a League invite please.

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Don't put points into luck, they said.

It's a useless stat, they said.
Earth really didn't feel cohesive to me (at least up to level 16), so I rolled a Light/Hand Blaster villain. So. much. better. I love Light's combo system, plus I can beat people up with giant boxing gloves and run them over with trains. I really dig the controller role, so that's probably what I'll be doing for instances.

Side-note: Hand-blasters are actually very good as a power regeneration weapon, in contrast with the opinion in the OP. This is really only because of Pulse Beam which can combo like nobody's business.

Zagposting fucked around with this message at 16:44 on May 27, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roydrowsy
May 6, 2007

Syrg Sapphire posted:

That's the plan!

When I play my hero role, I'm a mental controller and I've gotten pretty good with that. He's pretty well balanced, and while I'm not the most skilled with fighting combos and stuff, I put out a good deal of damage while keeping everybody powered up, not that anybody notices.

Of course, every time I enter a raid and nobody is healing, everything goes to poo poo, or nobody wants to do anything because they're all waiting and hoping for a healer to show up. I don't care about PvP, and I like being a valuable team member, so its the healer's life for me.

So, the plan is to get Nutzo Berkerko leveled up and kicking butt this summer.

• Locked thread