Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004
So would Earth with One Handed be a good combo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Stalwart Guardian of the Lewd
one hand is the most balanced weapon ever. it basically goes with anything.

ganash
Oct 18, 2006
You'll see
So I assume everyone is on PC? I have a fire user villian named Sindus but it's PS3 and only just about level 16 so I have awhile to be useful. Also what is up with the named bounties I tried to take on some statue thing that says it's level 12 and it smacked me around like a naughty dog and I did maybe a quarter inch of damage to it.

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004
Really having a blast playing this. So many powers so little time.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Bounties are group activities, so you'll need two or three dudes to smash them.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
So, I'm really digging the AoE on Rifle mixed in with the knock down AoE from Ignition - Fire line. However, I am finding it hard to balance Precision and Might. Is this something I'm going to have to do one or the other on as I level up more?

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.
Any on villain side right now that can invite? Been trying to get into the league for a bit. In as the fire tank Manosdefierro

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Darth Freddy posted:

Any on villain side right now that can invite? Been trying to get into the league for a bit. In as the fire tank Manosdefierro

I will log shortly and do some invites. People who want in should message Blutkrieg.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Also, if anyone in the league wants to visit Krieghaus, use the vending machine, and maybe inspect the torture chamber, it's just south of Amusement Mile in Gotham, enshrouded in Scarecrow's terrifying fart gas.

ganash
Oct 18, 2006
You'll see

Kortel posted:

So, I'm really digging the AoE on Rifle mixed in with the knock down AoE from Ignition - Fire line. However, I am finding it hard to balance Precision and Might. Is this something I'm going to have to do one or the other on as I level up more?

I was having this same dilemna and I had been stacking might over all else. The reasoning was it was great fun in pvp to start whacking away at a guy doing piss damage then bursting the living piss out of him when he found me no threat. God so many people whig hard on that but I was seriously gimping myself in pve for leveling. I suggest if your goal is to level then maximize precision and defense. Don't have to worry about power drains and should be tough enough to solo most things.

Edit: I am an ignition fire user too btw.

Odoyle rules!

ganash fucked around with this message at 13:22 on May 28, 2013

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Picked this up last night, playing a dude with Mental powers and a bow. I feel like I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing but I'm level 10 and massacring things so I can't be doing too bad. I'll catch up with y'all goonvillains tonight, name is Luke Nearfusion.

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.
Kind of sucks you can get a trinket drop that you cant use with out the proper DLC. So tempted to buy the ultimate pack they have on sale.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Kortel posted:

fire is, unless I am mistaken, mostly might-based damage anyway. consider might your primary upgrade stat and take precision where you can. precision isn't available in nearly as high quantity. I get the impression that's intentional.

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Don't put points into luck, they said.

It's a useless stat, they said.

Darth Freddy posted:

Kind of sucks you can get a trinket drop that you cant use with out the proper DLC. So tempted to buy the ultimate pack they have on sale.

For leveling to max level, all of the frills are really unnecessary. The game's leveling difficulty was designed without any DLC at all. I look at those add-ons (Home Turf's base additions and the trinkets) as turning the game on easy mode or using cheat codes in single player games. Let's face it, it's not like MMOs, especially DCUO, are hard in the first place. IMO if you get DLC, first get the ones that add the gameplay content you want to see, then worry about the frills later.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?
Do you do most of your damage with your left and right click, aka your weapon? Take precision.
Do you do most of your damage with your 1-6? Take might.

Is this still the meta? How does Light fight into that? :psyduck:

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

Riftling posted:

For leveling to max level, all of the frills are really unnecessary. The game's leveling difficulty was designed without any DLC at all. I look at those add-ons (Home Turf's base additions and the trinkets) as turning the game on easy mode or using cheat codes in single player games. Let's face it, it's not like MMOs, especially DCUO, are hard in the first place. IMO if you get DLC, first get the ones that add the gameplay content you want to see, then worry about the frills later.

oh yeah I know the game is balls easy. As for DLC I got the green lantern one back when it came out and the combos for it are fun as hell. If the DLCs turn everything into easy mode I might level up normal then and get it for the next character.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Really on the fence about just getting the SOE All Access pass... I already sub for Planetside 2 for 9.99/month, if I bit the bullet for 12 months I could get that and this game for $14.99/month... problem is all the other SOE games are mostly terrible, though Dragon's Prophet looks sort of neat.

Thoughts?

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Ajax posted:

Do you do most of your damage with your left and right click, aka your weapon? Take precision.
Do you do most of your damage with your 1-6? Take might.

Is this still the meta? How does Light fight into that? :psyduck:

it's more like looking at your damage and seeing if the majority of it is colored white or yellow.

white for precision, yellow for might. hard light is primarily precison(white) damage.

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004
I can't figure out a weapon to use with my new Quantum powered villain. I like the idea with Hand Blasters, but Dual Wield, Pistols and Brawling also look fun. Someone make up my mind for me.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Brawling has a combo where you just kick a dude out of your way. Go brawling.

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004
In as Mordheim and added a bunch of people to my friends list from the last few pages. Also, I just figured out Troll is short for Controller and a lot of chat now makes sense in the game.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
Are Bounties doable with heroes and villains participating? I caught some heroes beating on Bizzaro and jumped in since I had the quest, and though he went down I didn't get credit (got the stupid achievement though). Not sure if I have to do a certain amount of damage or tag him with the first hit or what.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

never prevented me.

don't know what to tell you.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time
I made a new Nature villain Senseimillia around level 12. I will probably hit 30 this weekend if I don't get caught up in other things.

Mimsy
Oct 25, 2008

graynull posted:

Are Bounties doable with heroes and villains participating? I caught some heroes beating on Bizzaro and jumped in since I had the quest, and though he went down I didn't get credit (got the stupid achievement though). Not sure if I have to do a certain amount of damage or tag him with the first hit or what.

That's pretty strange, you can usually complete a bounty so long as you have any kind of damage on the target at all. Also killing heroes while they are trying to do bounties is super funny and you should always do it.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Mimsy posted:

That's pretty strange, you can usually complete a bounty so long as you have any kind of damage on the target at all. Also killing heroes while they are trying to do bounties is super funny and you should always do it.

I got it my second attempt, must have been a bug or something.

Also, I'm wanting to like Dual Pistols but it seems like the ranged attacks are a little scattered and sluggish. Trying them with sorcery for a bit of a thematic mixup.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I bit the bullet and got the All Access pass, so I now have Legendary status, if people need anything. I will work on pimping out Electric slide's HQ in Gotham for us, if any of you want to make furniture donations.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

What's this about all users needing to reset their passwords? I got 2 emails about password reset attempts on my account so I logged in and it says I need to reset my password, I do that and it says I can't reset because it's been reset too many times in the last day.

EDIT: Got it to send me a reset email and changed my password that way. Now it says my password is wrong.

AlmightyBob fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jun 1, 2013

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004
I haven't gotten any emails about password issues. Something sounds kinda fishy.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

LoG posted:

I haven't gotten any emails about password issues. Something sounds kinda fishy.

Well I didn't follow any links in the email. Went to the website myself, so something IS going on on Sony's end whether or not this was a fishing email.

I can't contact support at all because you have to be logged in to do anything. And Phone, chat, and Twitter are gone on the weekends. It says to create a temporary account to contact them in these situations but even THAT is down. Jesus Christ.

AlmightyBob fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Jun 1, 2013

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

WAIT! I was butting up against an invisible character limit on the password. Goddamit Sony! Deleting the last character of my password got me in.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Seriously, why do you have an issue with EVERY game?

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Fuzz posted:

Seriously, why do you have an issue with EVERY game?

Seems like it :/

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I CANT STOP MAKING CHARACTERS PLEASE SEND HELP

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Things I learned from Legendary thus far:

Boxes in the Vault always break in one hit now.
Holy poo poo you get way more money for everything.
Promethian Lockboxes are ridiculously overpowered.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Fuzz posted:

Things I learned from Legendary thus far:

Boxes in the Vault always break in one hit now.
Holy poo poo you get way more money for everything.
Promethian Lockboxes are ridiculously overpowered.

I got a Crybernatic Helmet in my lockbox last night! Woo, asking price on the AH is like 2 million... oh, it costs like 100k to put something up for that price. This AH sucks rear end.

Ended up trading it to some guy for Doomsday's back and a few green exobytes. No idea what the value of this stuff is, but I figured what the hell.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I am online for a while today (Blutkrieg). Message me to get into the villain league. Why am I constantly the only one on? gently caress.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

I am online for a while today (Blutkrieg). Message me to get into the villain league. Why am I constantly the only one on? gently caress.

I just logged like an 1.5 hours ago because I have to go out for dinner. :smith:

I was looking for people to do Duos/Alerts with, too...

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

well, I'm back home now so I'll be more active soon.

unless I get sucked into tera or aion with friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mimsy
Oct 25, 2008

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Don't worry, I'm also constantly always the only one on too. Seems like a lot of people play at completely different times. Also I'm the only person ever doing any kind PVP which is kind of a pain in the butt.

• Locked thread