Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Assoonasitits
Dec 11, 2007

I guess frogout is too polite to simply say "begone".
Anyone wanna explain to me why my Cocoon is charred? And why it is sideways?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assoonasitits
Dec 11, 2007

Pope Guilty posted:

I used to be pretty, yeah. But not no more.

I remember: there was a bell, and I loved the radio.

This Billy's head sloshing is news to me. Must watch again.

Assoonasitits
Dec 11, 2007

This may sound stupid and/ or obvious, but Dia de los Dangerous! is a pretty good starting point. It's where I started, at least. That and the unaired pilot.

Assoonasitits
Dec 11, 2007

DIEGETIC SPACEMAN posted:

The best part of rewatching the older episodes is wondering if random characters could make a return in the upcoming season, and what kind of episode could be done with them. Will we ever see the return of Tiny Eagle? Manic 8-Ball? Joseph and his Amazing Technicolor Nightmare Coat? Maybe they'll defrost Ook-Ook, and explain how he got frozen in a block of ice to begin with. And with all of the musicians in the Guild, will the guy from Depeche Mode make an appearance?

That's the beauty of the Venture Bros' writing style, there's so many possibilities. They turned Captain Sunshine and Monstroso from clever names to use in tossed-off jokes, to major characters in some of season 4's best episodes.

Not to mention the fact that Sgt. Hatred started out as a cool name for a dude with a hover-tank and not only is he now the (large-breasted) Venture bodyguard, but his hover-tank made an unforgettable appearance.

Assoonasitits
Dec 11, 2007

I guess I'm just dumb. I got the impression from the DVD that the original Pilot was never aired. I guess it just didn't fit with the rest of the episodes? I have no clue.