  • Post
Illuminado
Mar 26, 2008

The Path Ahead is Dark
Ground Floor! Stoked for the new season. I still need to grab the last season so I can get drunk and listen to commentary. From what I've heard, it definitely delivers.

Illuminado
Mar 26, 2008

The Path Ahead is Dark

I'm not here to talk to them. You are the hand chosen by the master!
Yours is the will of plot, yours is the sword of Michael!

Illuminado
Mar 26, 2008

The Path Ahead is Dark

Slamhound posted:

Vale of blood.

He's pissing on your lawn, man.

I had to look it up, and apparently my source was also incorrect! Thanks for the clarification!

I love the more overt Hannah Barbara cameos, ie Race Bannon, Mysteries, Inc, etc.

And fwiw, I loving love this gif app!

Illuminado
Mar 26, 2008

The Path Ahead is Dark

axleblaze posted:

It's coming no where near me, and I hate all of you that are going to be able to go to this.

Seriously, did they just forget about California?

Also, how the hell do they have 3 venues in BFE, Texas?

Illuminado
Mar 26, 2008

The Path Ahead is Dark

axleblaze posted:

I think this is mostly just a thing they're doing with the Alamo Drafthouse, which is mostly just in Texas.

I meant more logistically speaking. Granted, I know that this isn't a big deal or anything, I can wait and wouldn't go to any of the major hubs in my area (San Francisco, Los Angeles), but what marketing guy ok'd that decision? "Yeah, we'll just put it in all of your bars located in central Texas..."

Illuminado
Mar 26, 2008

The Path Ahead is Dark
Williams Street Productions is headquartered in GA, but that's just the production company. To the best of my knowledge most of the contributing work that Doc Hammer and Jackson Publick is in NYC, but enough nitpicking. It'll be on in a few more days, and I can wait in all honesty. I don't have time to drive down to anywhere it would have been playing anyway.

Illuminado
Mar 26, 2008

The Path Ahead is Dark
Posted to the Facebook page:

From the premier.

Illuminado
Mar 26, 2008

The Path Ahead is Dark

X_Toad posted:

So we get to see the reaction of the family to Dean's new look? Interesting.

As for the gasoline, I'm guessing that it's to destroy something from his 'old' life. I could see him destroy the lab Doc gave him.

Wasn't that already destroyed? Also, don't do it... Poor Mr. Reachy :smith:

Illuminado
Mar 26, 2008

The Path Ahead is Dark

Came in here to post this.

Baseless Conjecture about Dean and his fancy new duds/attitude:
He actually is learning super-science. He's going to that cabin, which is alluded to in that teaser. He's meeting with the Super-Scientist who worked with Doc Venture to help set up the clones. Being that he actually knows what he's doing, and in the Halloween episode actually was talking science [at] Dean.

Illuminado
Mar 26, 2008

The Path Ahead is Dark

Frostwerks posted:

Should we spoiler conjecture or what's the deal exactly with that? I've got an idea I'd like to lay out before the seasons pans out but I don't want to ruin anybody's fun by simply being right for the first time in ever. By the way I wasn't talking about you specific Illuminado. I think Dean's on the way to super science whether he likes it or not.

I had mine spoilered, but was made aware of certain rules pertaining to spoiler tags when not actually talking about spoilers. v:confused:v

In any case I'm fine with spoilering conjecture, but I'd probably want to seek out public approval beforehand.

Illuminado
Mar 26, 2008

The Path Ahead is Dark

thexerox123 posted:

From the TVIV Rules:

Thank you! I'll be sure to do that in the future, also whoops.

Illuminado
Mar 26, 2008

The Path Ahead is Dark

X_Toad posted:

I'm guessing that it's to destroy something from his 'old' life...

Why did you have to be right? Why!!! :qq:

RIP Mr. Reachy... you were such a good giraffe :smith:

Illuminado
Mar 26, 2008

The Path Ahead is Dark

muscles like this? posted:

At the start of the episode JJ says they have three months to deliver the shield and he picked it up at the due date at the end of the episode so yeah, it took three months from beginning to end. I'm wondering if they're going to put any other episodes in between.

I highly doubt a WHOLE episode... But when he was talking with [that one girl] Dean mentions all the happenings of the Halloween episode and tops it all off with, "Well how was your Halloween?" So we can safely assume that it was a sort of aside.

Illuminado
Mar 26, 2008

The Path Ahead is Dark

axleblaze posted:

It makes me sad that everyone's pointing out Aziz, but I don't think anyone else noticed that Tommy the main green suit guy was Wyatt Cenac.

"Don't cry for me! Tell my story!"

Illuminado
Mar 26, 2008

The Path Ahead is Dark

axleblaze posted:

Adventure Time premiered the same year the fourth season of Venture Brothers ended and it's almost finished with it's 5th season. To reiterate, a show that premiered the same year that Venture had season 4 managed to beat it to getting to it's 5th season :psyboom:

Furthermore, the episodes are only 10m long, they have a small army of animators and creative, with Pendleton Ward doing most of the outlining and screenwriting, who I can safely say is way more productive than JP and DH.

Illuminado
Mar 26, 2008

The Path Ahead is Dark

2house2fly posted:

I loved "The Purple Pros".

The Purple Prose

Illuminado
Mar 26, 2008

The Path Ahead is Dark

RICKON WALNUTSBANE posted:

Having a beer
Making popcorn
?????
Checking my email

http://vine.co/v/b6qd6pjmi3i

"Watching Girls" (HBO... it's bad don't actually watch it)

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4