Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Umph
Apr 26, 2008

A lot of my friends haven't seen the show, what's a good episode to introduce them to the show on? I was thinking season 2 episode 2, hate floats. What are your guys's favorite episodes for 'number of laughs'?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Umph
Apr 26, 2008

:dance:Only 24 hours!:dance:

Umph
Apr 26, 2008

Hey at the end of that article they talk about how putting the season 5 finale to a pulp song was really meaningful for them. I don't know anything about that band, what's the significance of the song and how it related to the scene? Now I feel like I missed the best venture bros moment ever because I don't know a lot about music :(

Umph
Apr 26, 2008

Oh ok. The reverence the interview holds the song to made me think it was some master stroke homage or call back I didn't comprehend.

e; Also I remember going to raves in the early aughts and hearing that "everybody's free" song, so when he tracks down Rusty at a rave it was pretty neat. I also remember being convinced I was going to start families with girls I had just met at raves :coal:

Umph fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Jun 2, 2013

Umph
Apr 26, 2008

Wish I had cable so I could watch this along with everyone else.

Tonight!

Umph
Apr 26, 2008

Hey so was this one an hour long or was it two new episodes back to back? Can't wait to see it!

Umph
Apr 26, 2008

This is the first time this year I wish I had cable.

Umph
Apr 26, 2008

Wow!

Umph fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Jun 3, 2013

Umph
Apr 26, 2008

That guerrilla was the mom. King Guerrilla was the dad. Enjoy your blown minds.

[edit] Also seriously, Hatred has tits the day after Operation PROM, but no tits the night of. What the hell? Did I miss the explanation for that? He definitely had tits at the start of the show when he was taking Princess Tinyfeet home. Maybe since the Halloween episode takes place during this episode, every episode this season takes place during the 3 month period of building the force field, and the entire thing is Hatreds tit's origin story.

vv hey don't blame me I didn't write the show.

Umph fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jun 3, 2013

Umph
Apr 26, 2008

Speed Crazy posted:

That was a good episode! I wouldn't put it anywhere near my top favorites, but it was still quality Venture. My only major complaint is that I really wish Doc and Jackson would stop voicing big characters. August St Cloud sound way too much like Jackson doing a silly voice and not enough like his own character.

I agree with this. Besides 24/21, the best voices in the show are from other people. Brock and Orpheus are good examples. St Cloud sounds like Hank with a cold, it's distracting. Part of the reasn Orheous is such a great character is because the dude who voices him has a tremendous voice. It's not bad to hire out, just one guy with talent could voice a half dozen characters with no overlap.

vv I didn't think about it man, the fact that they're both guerrillas is as far as I got with it.

Umph fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jun 4, 2013

Umph
Apr 26, 2008

I think it's a result of me relying on spell check to think for me pretty much every time I type now.

Umph
Apr 26, 2008

Djarum posted:

He was also in Now Museum - Now You Don't. He is probably in others but I can't name any off the top of my head.

And for those complaining about the voices the reason why they don't like to have reoccurring characters to have other voice actors is so they don't run into the problems they have had with Professor Impossible / Steven Colbert and Sgt. Hatred / Brandon Small.

They could just hire nobodies and put them on contract. It doesn't have to be famous people.

Umph
Apr 26, 2008

Poque posted:

It sure is weird to see Dr. Venture actually succeed with a project, and this time they managed to get two done...the shield AND the antidote for the mutations caused by testing the shield.

Minus the whole giving a few hundred college students horrific mutations leading them into murder and the mass canabalism thing.

Umph
Apr 26, 2008

Can anyone help me with Hatreds tits please? I don't understand. He didn't have them when he left to take Tinyfoot home in PROM, had them the next morning presumably after a short walk to her house.

Umph fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Jun 7, 2013

Umph
Apr 26, 2008

Hey this is untested but what's that show that's animated like frisky dingo that people have avatars of?

Umph
Apr 26, 2008

socialsecurity posted:

Archer, one of the greatest animated shows of all time that's been out for years and airs on FX.

Thanks man I've been wanting to watch that.

Umph
Apr 26, 2008

Everyone enjoying the new season so far? I feel like it's not scratching the itch I hoped it would. I don't know if it's been too long or my expectations from how fantastic the last season was, or if the drugs have ruined my pleasure center.

Umph
Apr 26, 2008

Maybe it's just I'm missing Brock and the monarch and the osi guys. Not much face time with them yet.

Hatreds flashback was promising.

Umph
Apr 26, 2008

Really not feeling St Cloud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Umph
Apr 26, 2008

That wasn't the season finale was it?

e; Jeez it was, what a letdown :(
I kept hoping the season would pick up and somehow they were building to something and then it just fizzled and that was it. I guess alot of you liked the season but I'm completely dumbfounded. What happened to the writing from last season? Did they change show runners or something? The plot didn't move forward at all. It was 8 mediocre stand-alone eps. Last season' finale was one of the best moments of television ever and I didn't even know this one WAS a finale.

Umph fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Jul 24, 2013