Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Winklebottom posted:

The whole sequence is too long, but gave it a shot and cut it down. The 30kb limit is a harsh mistress.

Awesome. Thanks. Now just need a quote... Thinking:
Hey, maybe he'll surprise us. He does get that kind of retard strength when he's all worked up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

theflyingexecutive posted:

So I was at a bar last night and all of the cocktail specials were Venture themed. The Red Moco Cooler (khalua, chocolate syrup, grenadine, something else) was appropriately gross. The owner was psyched I got the joke and told me they're doing a premiere party.

WHERE DO YOU LIVE! I would love to go to that.. I would also drink the Red Moco Cooler, and likely hate it.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

TontoCorazon posted:

Oh wow this isn't really that far from me, awesome.

Go to heck! It's across the country from me. Looks like I'll just have to make my own Moco Cooler at home.. topped off with a rusty venture (Brocks version).

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

axleblaze posted:

So apparently they're doing screenings of season finale followed by the premier on the big screen (up to five before it airs) in select cities. People taht go will get a lmited edition print and a chance to win actual film cells. It's coming no where near me, and I hate all of you that are going to be able to go to this.

OH SON OF A BITCH I LIVE IN DENVER CO!!! OMG!
Holy loving :woop:.

Oh poo poo, that's tonight.. I gotta get on that.

edit. kill me now its sold out.

deong fucked around with this message at 22:47 on May 28, 2013

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Phone posted:

AS put it up on Youtubes, duder.

I guess old media has embraced new media.

Pretty sure it was region locked last season.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
I hope Venturestein and crew become a side story arc, kind of like JJ and the pirate captain. Adventures of Venturestein!

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
Hank is my favoriate. I love this moment when Hank and Hatred are talking about how 'batman' things are.
http://youtu.be/KP58Wwafi5o?t=1m29s

Jerusalem posted:

But my all time favorite probably has to be :siren: "IGNORE ME!" :siren:

This is the only episode that I avoid. I can't stand the IGNORE ME! over and over.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Kingtheninja posted:

I didn't see it posted in here but I'm pretty sure the fat sphinx guy was supposed to be a knock off jake "the snake" roberts.

This has to be half right. It looks just like Jake 'the snake' roberts.
This is Jake in 2013

And OG Snake.

I wish I knew what cobra baddie had a metal hand.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

LashLightning posted:

It's too simple and similar things are available everywhere if you bother to look. I mean, five seconds on Google Image Search and I get this:

You just need to find the right clip art and font and BOOM! You can start printing these off for your own terrible bachelor parties.

I was just about to say the same thing. They had beaver inspector tee shirts at Spensors Gifts 15 years ago. Why would they bother having that in the tee shirt club?

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Cacafuego posted:

Are spoilers required for people's theories?

You'd be amazed at the accuracy this thread has with theories.... Pretty sure we predicted the orb arc after the 2nd episode.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Dazerbeams posted:

The lines on the guy's face makes me think Scaramantula.

They look like they are having too good of a time for it to be Scaramantula. I don't think they'd look so casual on the boat if it was him.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Phone posted:

Now let me tell you about my super duper important opinion on the Hank St Cloud debate: did you nerds spaz out this hard in regards to Billy and 21?

You must have missed the other 4(?) threads...

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
I was hoping we'd see the body/hole where Monstroso fell in the ending credits. That guy must of been like dropping an elephant. Ker-SPLATTT!

This season has been great. I loved Al, but I thought Shoreleave and Al was just a fling due to his clinggyness.. Or am I forgetting where they got back together?

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Bear Retrieval Unit posted:

Saw your spoiler before watching the clip, so my first thought upon seeing the teddy bear was that Doc is gonna get a kidnapping flashback. But having Doc just pick up the conversation also works. Wouldn't say it's cruel though, if anything giving Doc someone to chat with is nice.

I was hoping for Teddy Ruxpin ptsd, but I like the direction we see as well.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mn88hl1Iz64

Everyone says it, but man I wish they'd do a full song. Or even better a full Broadway like musical VOD.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Nameless Pete posted:

Out of all the extras in the club, Blinged-Out FDR is driving me nuts trying to figure out what his name is going to end up being. Like, I know there's an absolutely perfect pun in there somewhere, but I can't quite pin it down.

I thought it was Elton John in a wheel chair..

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

sbaldrick posted:

How have I never seen this before today?

Because you hate Jesus.

I never caught the DVD cover before.. Oh my. Of course Doc/Jackson are aware of yiff.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
:can:

Inked Mag interview with Doc Hammer posted:

INKED: What, to you, is The Venture Bros. about?
DOC HAMMER: The show is about failure. And I’ve had to really think about that, as we are in the internet age and it is powerful to say something so short that people can absorb and regurgitate it.

I did have to make sure it wasn't old. dated 12/12/13

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
I just thought it was funny that it was one of the first questions, and his response hah. The interview is interesting. Apparently Doc is more a painter than cartoonist/writer in his own mind. And what I thought was really interesting is that he doesn't see his followers as 1 community. You've got the fans of VB, Weep and his paintings, and they don't really overlap. Also he loves scratcher tattoos.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

LividLiquid posted:

I'm pretty sure all they do is make Venture Brothers. What other jobs have you heard about?

Doc writes, and is in a band along with all of his other art work. I'd imagine more.

Publik Jackson does some voice stuff for AS other than VB, per wikipedia.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
DARK HORSE TO PUBLISH THE ART OF THE VENTURE BROS. http://www.darkhorse.com/Blog/1677/dark-horse-publish-art-venture-bros?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=venture%20bros

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
I'd keep an eye on livejournal. Seems to be fairly up to date on 'news'.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

notZaar posted:

He's probably at the age where you just stop trying to stay cool.

I just assume he's hipster enough to do things out of spite.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
I just wanted to remind everyone of this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykEGtwJuZIs. The descriptions of the rusty venture always crack me up. Better with censorship IMO.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Fafenefenoiby posted:

http://asitecalledfred.com/2009/12/25/holiday-havoc-the-venture-bros-2/

Venture Bros Christmas single tunes! 2005 is too beautiful for words.

Thanks for reminding me of this!

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

SRM posted:

Adult Swim just posted a video of the Guild of Calamitous Intent dragon getting covered in blood with a date of 1/19/15 on it.

I'm dumb, I can't seem to find it on their youtube or the AS venture site. Link please?

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I saw this whole show a good six months ago or so, I am so glad I finally get to see it as it comes out and it starts off with this beauty. :allears:

This is the most amazing show with the most worst release schedule. Get ready to wait with the rest of us..

Hedrigall posted:

For some perspective:

Pilot: Feb 2003
Season 1: Aug-Oct 2004
Season 2: Jun-Oct 2006
Season 3: Jun-Aug 2008
Season 4: Oct 2009-Nov 2010
Season 5: Jun-Jul 2013

:smithicide:

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
I'm curious if MLK release was intentional, or just how the cards fell.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
I've been reading http://mantiseye.com/ for its episode notes for a long while now. Its good at noting references that go over my head, both from previous episodes, and from pop culture I don't know.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

theflyingexecutive posted:

Was she smoking them or eating them?

My favorite fan assumption was, and I hope I'm remembering this right, that the voice was because she's King Gorillas daughter.

e.gently caress that was a long time ago

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

QwertySanchez posted:

I can't pick just one Hank line, but otherwise i think my fave line was Triana's "Did my grandpa teach you how to crap?!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVOTWhQYUe4
H : My tongue keeps getting caught in the mouth slit.
D: Well don't stick your tongue in the slit.
H: I can't help it. Its maddening!

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Tatsuta Age posted:

Where's it fall on the list of "longest running" shows now? since aqua teen is even gone now, I gotta imagine it's pretty close to the top

Edit: Nevermind, looked it up, according to the wiki it IS the longest now, starting 2 years before Squidbillies and Robot Chicken.

Venture Bros: 2003 - Present, so like 12 years
Aqua Teen: 2001 – 15

Does it show how many seasons/episodes there are?

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Thanks for the youtube. Now i can obsessively watch this at .5 speed! Things just whipped through so fast.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Xelkelvos posted:

More like it's going from super science adventuring to super science as a whole

Maybe he just moved up a tier with J.J's business. Same realm, but private sector pays better than government & sciences. Also not disagreeing with you. So stoked!!

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Wade Wilson posted:

If you have to use a knife to cut the steak it has been cooked wrong.

do you just jam it with a fork and eat it like a lollipop?

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Mraagvpeine posted:

It seems you guys have not tried Chaliapin Steak.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgHx0zA_dS4
Uh..

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Thanks!

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Phylodox posted:

And this is how I find out.

Same, the worst

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
The only episode that I don't like is the Twenty Years to Midnight. The whole IGNORE ME!!! just gets on my nerves. It's so loud etc etc. It was well received in the thread, but gah. I don't even really remember what happens because the grand inquisitor is just soo jarring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Arm_Fruit posted:

Yea but it didn't seem to make a difference. He overheard WW but next time we see him is the end of the episode.

He learned that the venture compound is bugged, so he can either find the bugs (tiny whale lice?) or have brock/vatred find them I'd guess.