Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Herb Stencil
Oct 22, 2012

Bonafide Homosaxual
Man, I recognize a lot of names in that list...
Come back soon dear friends :japan:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.
Ok apparently we're missing two additional people after that culling happened, any ideas what happened there? Again, all these cuts are for inactivity, just let us know you accidentally got clipped and we'll get you back in at whatever rank you were previously, but the inactivity purges have always been partially lovely guesswork of basically me and whoever else is online at the time when I do it, so it's prone to some mistakes.

E: Disregard, I got the math wrong and the member count wasn't properly updated when I finished, we're not missing any extras.

Mediocrity Goggles fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Aug 16, 2014

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__YZd1_NX1c

Ultimate enemies look kinda badass.

Get a load of Ultimalmoth's magnificent headdress.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
Rockbear learned how to kick, it seems. That Vol Dragon at the end made me think of the old autumn-leaf weapons you traded XQ stones in for.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Really nice that they're keeping the PSO "change all textures for ultimate mode". Looks a bit like PSZero's first field too. Now I'm excited about it! Also, apparently that new Vopal area will allow Bal rhodos/dominus spawns. Maybe now Bal dominus PAs will stop being so rare.

nerdz fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Aug 17, 2014

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Out of curiosity, what's the state of PSO2 these days?

It has no offline or console play as far as I'm aware so I doubt I'll ever actually play it, but my friends and I played the heck out of PSO1.

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

I am so tired... I am so tired all the time...

Anatharon posted:

Out of curiosity, what's the state of PSO2 these days?

It has no offline or console play as far as I'm aware so I doubt I'll ever actually play it, but my friends and I played the heck out of PSO1.

Sega has effectively IP blocked players outside Japan (and possibly some inside) through their own incompetence and consider the problem "fixed". So, y'know, the usual.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------

Miijhal posted:

Sega has effectively IP blocked players outside Japan (and possibly some inside) through their own incompetence and consider the problem "fixed". So, y'know, the usual.

I mean, we got a way around it now, but yeah I am totally going with "107 Reasons SEGA Hates You" for the next thread title

Molestationary Store
May 21, 2007

Ha yup, it's a fun as gently caress game once you get in and past all the bullshit, but man there is more and more :butt: to deal with surrounding this thing.

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011
So, the 2nd prepatch had all the skill stats in it: http://psumods.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=8602#p8602

Some of the BO skills are quite baffling. A few of them just don't make sense because we don't know what the stats mean, but then there are others that are just...awful.

-Shifta Air Attack Boost adds a massive 5% damage when you attack midair while also having Shifta. Five percent. And this is a 5 SP skill. It's just...why?

-Element Stance, a stance on a tech-related class designed to encourage you to use correct element techs, is half as powerful at boosting correct element tech damage than Weak Stance, a stance on a class that ostensibly has nothing to do with techs whatsoever. Element Stance is literally just Elemental Weak Hit that you have to activate every 30 minutes. Why do the BO stances have a 30 minute duration when all the other stances (and even Wand Lovers) are now infinite? Because SEGA, that's why.

-No, for real, why is Element Stance so bad? The Stance and the Stance Up skill get you 132% damage. Weak Stance, Weak Stance Up, and Weak Stance Charge gets you 163% damage. What were they thinking?

Lenaway
Feb 8, 2006

Touch Fuzzy
Get Dizzy
Uh oh. Hopefully some of the other changes will make up for the lackluster skills.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

"I can't wait until cancer inevitably chokes the life out of Curt Schilling."
War Brave sounds pretty cool, but the Guard tree is still worthless.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Protocol 5 posted:

War Brave sounds pretty cool, but the Guard tree is still worthless.

I mean, it sets out to do what it is supposed to do, but to be quite frank, this is a game about DPS. If they had some way to have Guard stance still boost your damage somehow then it could be worthwhile, but now they simply gave that functionality to War Brave and Never Give Up. and even then, Fury Gear Up is pretty much essential anymore for Swords, so that makes the opportunity cost for being in Guard Stance even greater...

http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/b...000fdoIb000000f

this seemed to be to be the best defensive tree I could come up with, and the idea is to just max the Flash Guards then go back into maxing Fury Stance as best you can with the remaining points.
even then, you are missing on IronWill/NeverbeFound and Warcry/WarBrave, which are kinda good for tank builds, hell you need warcry just to make enemies look at you to attack...

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

A defense focused skill tree in a game where it's possible to dodge or 100% block any attack that doesn't really interact with either of those mechanics is just really dumb. Like, if there was a skill that gives a huge damage buff for ~10 seconds after just guarding, or instantly maxes out your weapon gear and/or causes a big AoE/debuff, it might be worth looking into. Anyone who actually wants to have fun is gonna just max out everything Fury related except crit, max out War Brave, and grab the heal on JG because why not.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Surprise Noodle posted:

-Element Stance, a stance on a tech-related class designed to encourage you to use correct element techs, is half as powerful at boosting correct element tech damage than Weak Stance, a stance on a class that ostensibly has nothing to do with techs whatsoever. Element Stance is literally just Elemental Weak Hit that you have to activate every 30 minutes. Why do the BO stances have a 30 minute duration when all the other stances (and even Wand Lovers) are now infinite? Because SEGA, that's why.

-No, for real, why is Element Stance so bad? The Stance and the Stance Up skill get you 132% damage. Weak Stance, Weak Stance Up, and Weak Stance Charge gets you 163% damage. What were they thinking?

I thought Weak Stance applied specifically to striking weak points, as in stuff like the big red glowing spots on Darkers or the horns on vol dragon, and had nothing to do with techs or elements (besides that it adds tech damage of course)

Does it just perma-apply if you're striking using elemental weaknesses, or something similar that i never knew about?

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
You get the bonus from weak stance whenever an enemy takes over 100% of you base damage from some combination of weak points and elemental weakness.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Surprise Noodle posted:

So, the 2nd prepatch had all the skill stats in it: http://psumods.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=8602#p8602

Some of the BO skills are quite baffling. A few of them just don't make sense because we don't know what the stats mean, but then there are others that are just...awful.

-Shifta Air Attack Boost adds a massive 5% damage when you attack midair while also having Shifta. Five percent. And this is a 5 SP skill. It's just...why?

Sega is deliberately gimping the class. if techer is any indication, sega considers lower damage a fair tradeoff to bouncer having access to infinite casts of resta/shifta/deband and all other techs.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

I'm personally confused by their seeming love of active skills with questionable trade-offs/lousy uptime. Weak Bullet and Katana Combat /w max Escape are good, but all of the others are huge point sinks for mediocre benefits.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Protocol 5 posted:

I'm personally confused by their seeming love of active skills with questionable trade-offs/lousy uptime. Weak Bullet and Katana Combat /w max Escape are good, but all of the others are huge point sinks for mediocre benefits.

pso2's design from the start centered around giving every skill a point-defeating drawback to "balance it"

Stances have slow activations,cooldowns, or damage penalties which defeat the purpose of any damage boost they'd give. also if you get hit while activating it, the skill fails but the cooldown happens anyways so you have to wait 60 seconds of unboosted damage until you can try again.
Techs themselves were modified with the assumption you'd only use them if you had their tech tree, like bolt techs costing more then others to balance bolt pp save.

they made elysion, a wand that gives you a huge boost to uncharged techs, but then didn't let uncharged techs build up wand gear. So before wand lovers got changed, you'd have this wand specifically for using uncharged techs...and you'd have to use charged techs on it just to raise the gear.
Speaking of wand lovers, the original version took your pp to zero , meaning the mage class couldnt cast any magic,to boost the power of a magic weapon you couldnt use magic with. Seriously still the dumbest thing thats ever been done in this game yet.

crafting weapons gives them more damage, but increases damage range , making them do less overall and defeating the point (unless its a crit build). units also lose innate strike/tech/range resistance, meaning they protect less overall, again defeating the point. and the new timed abilities bind yoru equipment to you (so youd never use it on tradable stuff), and it only buffs you in the areas you get the materials for , meaning you're likely done doing whatever you were in there by the time you get enough for decent buffs.

Oh and casts use 3 costume peices to all other classes's 1, but they dont get 2 extra inventory slots to make up for it, because gently caress you.(costumes shouldn't even take up inventory space to begin with), and you cant use more then one weapon camo at a time, also because gently caress you.

its like every skill was designed to be as unfun and boring as possible. The fact that episode 3 is removing a lot of this bullshit and making the player's running and attacks faster makes this really the one update I've anticipated more then any other

Tengames fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Aug 20, 2014

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Miijhal posted:

Ha, I was wondering why the old method wasn't working.

Stupid Sega.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Devour or Fire posted:

You get the bonus from weak stance whenever an enemy takes over 100% of you base damage from some combination of weak points and elemental weakness.

Wow, that's a much more powerful stance than I ever thought it was.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

Worth noting that it only applies to the portion of damage that's getting boosted. This means that hitting a weakpoint or WB (also headshots with ranged) with any attack gets the bonus for all damage, and Techs against their elemental weakness will get the full bonus, but using a weapon attack against an elemental weakness only receives the bonus for the elemental portion of the damage (up to 50% of the physical damage). So maxed out Weak tree is very good if you're going to main a Tech class. If you're planning on doing mainly a melee-based build, then you can probably afford to skip Weak Stance Charge Up. Theoretically, maxed out Weak tree outperforms maxed out Average tree if you're able to always hit weakpoints/elemental weaknesses, but in practice that's way too fiddly and expensive (one for each element? gently caress that) to be realistic.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Protocol 5 posted:

A defense focused skill tree in a game where it's possible to dodge or 100% block any attack that doesn't really interact with either of those mechanics is just really dumb. Like, if there was a skill that gives a huge damage buff for ~10 seconds after just guarding, or instantly maxes out your weapon gear and/or causes a big AoE/debuff, it might be worth looking into. Anyone who actually wants to have fun is gonna just max out everything Fury related except crit, max out War Brave, and grab the heal on JG because why not.

If the defense skills gave you super armor and the HP/Defense to sustain hits it would substantially increase your DPS, though. Which is not the case.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

nerdz posted:

If the defense skills gave you super armor and the HP/Defense to sustain hits it would substantially increase your DPS, though. Which is not the case.

code:
Skill: MassiveHunter	Icon: skill_hunter-a_0006
Stat		1	2	3	4	5
Time           	30	32	35	39	45
Recast         	100	99	97	94	90
ResistAll      	0.9	0.88	0.85	0.81	0.75
"Reduces damage taken and prevents flinching and being blown away"

EDIT: http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/b...000fdoIb000000f well isn't that interesting...

NextTime000 fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Aug 20, 2014

Surprise Noodle
Aug 25, 2011

Tengames posted:

Sega is deliberately gimping the class. if techer is any indication, sega considers lower damage a fair tradeoff to bouncer having access to infinite casts of resta/shifta/deband and all other techs.

I guess, but having access to buffs/Resta hasn't stopped them from boosting FO's DPS through the roof.

It's like someone is still paranoid that they will somehow make support "too good." I can understand that, but not when they then turn around and give other classes 150-200% damage skills like it's no big deal.

Surprise Noodle fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Aug 20, 2014

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

NextTime000 posted:

code:
Skill: MassiveHunter	Icon: skill_hunter-a_0006
Stat		1	2	3	4	5
Time           	30	32	35	39	45
Recast         	100	99	97	94	90
ResistAll      	0.9	0.88	0.85	0.81	0.75
"Reduces damage taken and prevents flinching and being blown away"

EDIT: http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/b...000fdoIb000000f well isn't that interesting...

Only able to be up half the time (even less assuming the skill uses that slow fist pump to activate) and a 25% damage reduction means you die in 4 swift hits instead of 3, and those hits come even faster because you aren't slapped out of harms way by the first hit. Sounded good on paper, at least.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

MR. J posted:

Only able to be up half the time (even less assuming the skill uses that slow fist pump to activate) and a 25% damage reduction means you die in 4 swift hits instead of 3, and those hits come even faster because you aren't slapped out of harms way by the first hit. Sounded good on paper, at least.

If only automate halfline wasn't so bad (seriously they kept it at 10 points?) and used the strongest mate instead of the weakest, then a build like that could work.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
EP3 Photon arts data has been mined, with some crazy value changes.

http://pastebin.com/sjA6qRDK

Impact slider goes from 660% to 1372%, what

Edit: satellite cannon goes from 522% to 4436%, maybe they are changing the values to represent a fully charged shot.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
I guess Jet Boots are getting real honest to god PAs? Can you also equip techs to them?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

nerdz posted:

EP3 Photon arts data has been mined, with some crazy value changes.

http://pastebin.com/sjA6qRDK

Impact slider goes from 660% to 1372%, what

Edit: satellite cannon goes from 522% to 4436%, maybe they are changing the values to represent a fully charged shot.
Is that data swiped from the partial patches we have been downloading, or what?

Also, when does the episode 3 update take effect again? I still can't access the official page.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Samurai Sanders posted:

Is that data swiped from the partial patches we have been downloading, or what?

Also, when does the episode 3 update take effect again? I still can't access the official page.

Yeah, the data is from the pre-patches. They sort of look work in progress for the new weapon PAs, though. This one for example:

JetBootsPA04
lvl 15 -> 529%
lvl 16 -> 3413%

EP3 hits next wednesday.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Also, are there any details about any graphics or interface changes? I'd like, for instance, interface scaling such that I can set it to 1900/1080 but still see it easily from my TV screen.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
I think a lot of those are just changing the numbers reflecting on how many times a PA hits. I think beforehand the Power % only displayed the power from one hit of the PA (and multi hit PAs can have varying power between their stages ala Shunka)

LiquidRain
May 21, 2007

Watch the madness!

Samurai Sanders posted:

Also, are there any details about any graphics or interface changes? I'd like, for instance, interface scaling such that I can set it to 1900/1080 but still see it easily from my TV screen.
The game already does this. Change the text size option in the Tweaker. It doesn't look that sharp when you do it, but it does it.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

dragon enthusiast posted:

I guess Jet Boots are getting real honest to god PAs? Can you also equip techs to them?

3-4 PAs at the start, and they use techs.the shoe's gimmick is that the PAs can autotrigger buffs and that using fully charged techs will change the jetboot's element (with a wand-style explosion when it reverts back) jet boots will seemingly rely on the gimmick of constantly swapping your element to match up with the element weakness stance.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

LiquidRain posted:

The game already does this. Change the text size option in the Tweaker. It doesn't look that sharp when you do it, but it does it.
It's already at max. Also, I believe it only changes some text, not all, and doesn't affect other parts of the interface.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

MR. J posted:

I think a lot of those are just changing the numbers reflecting on how many times a PA hits. I think beforehand the Power % only displayed the power from one hit of the PA (and multi hit PAs can have varying power between their stages ala Shunka)

It's been pretty inconsistent. Some PAs list the total damage from all hits, if it's a charged PA, then it'll list the damage for fully charged, but usually only for one hit, etc. I think whatever system they use to pull damage numbers has trouble with multi-part charged attacks. I'd say it's a pretty safe bet that the majority of techs/PAs are going to have a substantial increase in damage over current numbers to help compensate for the nerf to WB and Fury Stance. By doing that, the ones that don't get buffed will still be strong, but since the numbers for everything else are getting adjusted up, they'll be less overwhelmingly powerful. Those numbers for melee class PAs look really good at a glance. Pretty much everything without some kind of gimmick effect or long range tops out over 700% at 16.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
WB's getting nerfed? I thought it was getting buffed what with not losing it when swapping weapons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

MR. J posted:

WB's getting nerfed? I thought it was getting buffed what with not losing it when swapping weapons.

The multiplier drops to 2.5x~ but adding Bullet Keep kind of makes up for it, IMHO.

• Locked thread