Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

"I can't wait until cancer inevitably chokes the life out of Curt Schilling."
The multiplier is being reduced from 3.0 to 2.55. It'll still be a multiplier on top of everything else, but it'll definitely be a noticeable loss in 12-man content without damage buffs from elsewhere to compensate. Uptime will be better without DPS loss from Rangers thanks to Bullet Keep, as you noted, so we'll just have to wait and see how things shake out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Whether it's 2.55 or 3, it's still going to be essential just because it's giving everyone a giant multiplier.

Protocol 5
Sep 23, 2004

"I can't wait until cancer inevitably chokes the life out of Curt Schilling."
Yeah, that goes without saying. What I mean is that boss fights may end up taking longer with the reduced multiplier, which would probably exacerbate the problem of people bailing out of EQs early for a shot at joining a fresh run just before X:29.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
Aren't they also giving the ability for other teammates being able to lock onto the WB now as well? That's pretty handy for me as a gunner at least since I don't think I could manually aim while I'm flipping around.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Oh yeah, that's true. I'd consider that a pretty handy buff.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Can I "help" my team lock onto the most useless part of the boss with it, is the question.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
WB all enemy ball sacs

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
<----------------------------

Kessel posted:

Can I "help" my team lock onto the most useless part of the boss with it, is the question.
I can't think of any hitboxes that have extremely high defense that do not have a lock-on associated with the-oh wait hands.

wb the palms of everything. even elder. especially elder.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Protocol 5 posted:

Yeah, that goes without saying. What I mean is that boss fights may end up taking longer with the reduced multiplier, which would probably exacerbate the problem of people bailing out of EQs early for a shot at joining a fresh run just before X:29.

literally every class is being buffed so hopefully it balances out. That said, its going to be be horribly slow the first month of ep3 though, when everyone is still leveling thier bouncer and trying to get the hang of playing them.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

nerdz posted:

EP3 Photon arts data has been mined, with some crazy value changes.

http://pastebin.com/sjA6qRDK

Impact slider goes from 660% to 1372%, what

Edit: satellite cannon goes from 522% to 4436%, maybe they are changing the values to represent a fully charged shot.

It must be, because I can't believe the base strength of Rising Edge is going to be that high. I hope it is, because then that means the skill's going to be awesome for buzz-sawing bosses that don't move around quickly(ie: almost none of them) when you've got fully setup and can charge it to its max level in about half a second.

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck
I can't see a 50% decrease from 300% power as too harsh a loss, especially since rangers can now do more than just blow their PP load and then sit there with their thumb up their rear end when on WB duty. It's more than a fair trade-off in my opinion.

fuxxo
Feb 17, 2010

Fucking Pokemon, how do they Surf?

Kessel posted:

I can't wait to lock onto space during Falz.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

MR. J posted:

I can't see a 50% decrease from 300% power as too harsh a loss, especially since rangers can now do more than just blow their PP load and then sit there with their thumb up their rear end when on WB duty. It's more than a fair trade-off in my opinion.

More like every gunner is going to sub ranger (this is my plan) to throw on weak bullet and then do real DPS :v:

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Haquer posted:

More like every gunner is going to sub ranger (this is my plan) to throw on weak bullet and then do real DPS :v:

Bullet Keep explicitly states you can only keep bullets when you are swapping between Ranger weapons

MR. J
Nov 22, 2011

Chuck and Fuck

Haquer posted:

I already do this. :v:

NextTime000 posted:

Bullet Keep explicitly states you can only keep bullets when you are swapping between Ranger weapons

But will it work between multiple rifles is the question.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Yes. Bullet Keep will work as long as you are switching to a rifle or a launcher.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Nah, the switch to rifles is still up in the air. It will be one of the first things I'll check, though. Also if tactics trap will activate PP regen on the gravity bomb.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
It activates on stun grenade, so it's likely it will on gravity bomb.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

I hope it sticks to a specific rifle, just to have rangers who fill thier pallets stand for a minute going god loving dammit which gun did I load it on?

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.
Maybe I'll finally cast a spell that isn't Ilmegid or Ilbarta.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I got the next thread's OP written up the way I want, but before I post it sometime between now and Wednesday morning I'd like to put out a request for Class and Race photos to replace the stock ones currently in the OP

Get a good camera angle that shows off your class doing what it does best, or a nice glamour shot of your character being the proud Human/Newman/CAST/Dewman they are.

Honorable Mentions will be added into the image dump at the end of the OP.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
Here's some congrats screens of my Female CAST Hunter at various stages of her career

http://imgur.com/ycmuGgB

http://imgur.com/e3hdszH

http://imgur.com/DZrcNUa

fun times, fun times. RIP all the cool people I played with like nexttime and saagoonsa and several others!

Herb Stencil
Oct 22, 2012

Bonafide Homosaxual
http://imgur.com/a/enNrP/all

Various shots of DIS and KAS. Most of these work for examples of race choices, and a few of them are pretty much just for amusement. :frog:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

This one must be used somewhere. http://imgur.com/a/enNrP#10

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

I am so tired... I am so tired all the time...

NextTime000 posted:

I got the next thread's OP written up the way I want, but before I post it sometime between now and Wednesday morning I'd like to put out a request for Class and Race photos to replace the stock ones currently in the OP

Get a good camera angle that shows off your class doing what it does best, or a nice glamour shot of your character being the proud Human/Newman/CAST/Dewman they are.

Honorable Mentions will be added into the image dump at the end of the OP.
Well, here's a Human Techer glamour shot.

Also, an image for Support Partners:

Herb Stencil
Oct 22, 2012

Bonafide Homosaxual
http://imgur.com/a/Y9u2G/all
One more for now: Gunner, master of uh... gun-fu or something. Big robot doing flips.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I'm working on the fighter class right now, and it's a bit hard to get screenshots of the fists especially, they are so huge and get in the way of everything else.

No one else uses the skull makeup. I loving love the skull makeup.

edit: outside of combat

Human, in case you can't tell.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Aug 25, 2014

Mr. Sunabouzu
Nov 13, 2009

The face of true terror.
Good thing I took random screenshots obsessively.

My favorite is easily Saagonsa complaining about the pse burst not continuing while we are standing in a sea of loot. Summarizes the end game very well.

Mr. Sunabouzu fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Aug 25, 2014

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Sociopathic robots

e: rehosted on minus

dragon enthusiast fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Aug 25, 2014

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Sure, why not, here's a couple of my gunner pics.

Have no idea how to improve screenshot quality.

NextTime000
Feb 3, 2011

bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
well for one thing, you can go into options and change "shooting settings" to change some screenshot settings so you take .pngs instead of .jpgs.

oh wait didn't they default to giant as gently caress .bmps at the start?

oh yeah imgur is probably also turning them into .jpgs too idk

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Since everyone else is doing it.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

You people have such huge good looking screenshots.

Newman Ranger.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Contributin'

Ranger:

Dewman:

Misc:

Mr. Sunabouzu
Nov 13, 2009

The face of true terror.
Grabbed 2 usable Hunter ones:

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

"How do I get rid of these nasty roaches?!"

Easy, just burn your house down.
I got some normal hunter ones as well:

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Bow Braver:

Mediocrity Goggles
Mar 20, 2009

Looking at it the wrong way.
Not sure I can really do hunter justice seeing as I don't play it seriously but I did like this thing I took:

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Oh hey, an excuse to play with the camera function
Cast Hunter:

Human Fighter:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Turning off motion blur helps with screenshots.

• Locked thread