Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

English localization has had absolutely no news for over half a year, with only the fact it's been delayed announced since PAX last year.
Also Interupt rankings are worth mentioning:

Interrupt Rankings:
Sometimes in place an an emergency mission, an announcement for Interrupt rankings will occur. Rankings are small contests lasting one hour that will see either what group can do a time attack in the fastest time, or who can commit genocide the fastest by killing the most of a specific enemy. During this time, any quests selected for time attack will have increased experience rates for the entire duration. If the target of a ranking is a specific enemy, that enemy will have a boosted 25% chance of appearing in its rare form and a 400% boost to it's rare drop chance.

I'll post some guides later such as the story mode's matterboard and such. (add something about the story mode patch to the OP)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

The Singing Chav posted:

Hi new thread! I got abducted for the first time yesterday:

Man this is the worst Summer vacation beach trip.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

sexual Norm posted:

Can anyone estimate how much damage i'll be losing from the final product, percentage-wise, if I try to use my male cast as a force?

depends if you wanna min max and make a pure T-atk force. if you were to completely max out both the force and techer class, the difference between a male cast and a male human would be....26 points in t-atk.

If you wanted to go for pure maximum damage a female newman would have 84 more t-atk.

You can compensate for a lot of this by just putting nothing but pure t atk on your mag (switch between feeding it force weapons and trimates to avoid raising the dex/ability stat) but really, unless you really really wanna euqip a psycho wand (which all of 10 people in the game own) you will have nothing to worry about.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Subclasses now exist, as do the 3 secondary classes fighter, gunner and techer. Time attacks are now the primary source of income and there's now advance and extreme quests once you get to level 45(extreme quests might require 50). other then that its mostly gameplay tweaks and new content.(also several techs, and PAs that didnt exist back when the game was released).

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

hngkong posted:

I've downloaded and installed and patched PSO2 twice now, and both times it crashes during or right after the opening videos play. I'm at a loss on what to even do, since I can't read Japanese. Any ideas?

Dont reinstall, but do a file check (3rd option from the top on the launcher) then see if it can run without the patches first. Afterwards, make sure you're using the most recent patch files.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Gammatron 64 posted:

Well, making a new account is really obnoxious. I lost my XP install CD, so I have zero japanese language support, so there's no way I can enter in the captcha.

Eh, I guess I'll just have to wait for the western release, if it ever happens.

you could try getting a friend to make the account for you.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

How unstable is the story patch? Really unstable or maybe a crash now and then unstable?

Ive had a few times where it got caught infintely loading a story mission but so far the latest patch hasnt given me trouble.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

So I guess I need to wait for the large files and story patches to update after the new game patch? Or can I just reinstall them and have it work okay?

the patches are already updated(well main translation patch is anyway, no idea about the story one)

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

NextTime000 posted:

oh right, does anyone have a flowchart or something that explains the relationships of all the XQ stones and items? It was already a clusterfuck, but now with these new ones they somehow made it even more obtuse :psyduck:

there are 3 types of stones, 90 of the lowest type of stone can be traded in for the 2nd teir, and 30 of the 2nd tier can be traded for one of the 3rd teir. you need either 50 2nd teir stones to exhange for a single unit, or 5 of the 3rd teir stones for a weapon.

the new extreme quest has its own set of stones that follow this bullshit. if you clear all floors of an extreme quest you get a catalyst, which you can use to swap stones from one Xq for the other's.

In short: you need the equivalent of 13500 stones to get a single 11* weapon. You typically get 13 per run per day. You are never going to loving get those weapons, not that you would want them anyway since they're expensive as hell to grind and actually weaker then an easy to get 10* grinded up to 50 element.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Protocol 5 posted:

To be specific, the lowest tier are fragments, 90 of which can be traded for ores, the second tier, 30 of which are traded for a heart key. Fragments drop from anything, ores can drop from any enemy in random (?? symbol) stages and you get three ores from beating stage 40. So it's not quite as bad as needing 13,500 fragments and averaging only 13 a day. Obviously getting random stages is pretty luck dependent, but just grinding away for fragments isn't the only way to get ores.

Yeah but the odds of getting ?? floos and and then the enemies on those floors dropping stones are not in your favor, so you're still taking months just to exchange for one of five heart keys needed.

Save your passes, in hopes sega increases the drop rate/makes a far more reasonable exchange rate on these rocks. Or at the very least, wait a week, when there will be a +50% drop rate day, if you wanna try farming the bosses since they do have a decent rate of dropping the units.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Blacktoll posted:

If there is a sort of work around, I'd like to know.

They're bringing the game down and doing an emergency maintance tonight to fix the page, so you'll unfortunately have to wait for tomorrow.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Emergency maitance was move to today, so the game is down for a few hours.

On another note, a Southeast Asia version of PSO2 is supposedly going to be released in English by Asiasoft. They are apparently very terrible, supposedly offering poor support, and making a game harder so people would buy more cash shop items.

Note: this is not technically not an International release, just for southeast Asia.

Tengames fucked around with this message at 18:44 on May 31, 2013

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Xavier434 posted:

Oh me too. I am just happy if it is in English because that is work which would not need to be repeated for a Western release.

Thats actually the biggest worry, because apparently what people on psoworld are saying is that the international release of Ragnarok online 2 used the SEA version, complete with all the horrible things they changed to make it worse.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Some Pso2 merchandise is going on sale at the convenstions. that dudu shirt is great.

oh and the servers are up again or something.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Umberger posted:

Hooray a Rappy Suit. :confuoot:

Free recolor ticket.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

kirbysuperstar posted:

Sitting around in the team room messing with the word filter instead of playing

Best way to mess with the word filter is to go to pso2_bin/data/win32 and delete the file " ffbff2ac5b7a7948961212cefd4d402 "

That deletes it and the game doesn't even care the file no longer exists, letting you see all the swears.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Infinity Gaia posted:

So we were told, but it's kind of amusing how bad the filter is anyways. As you can see from the screenshot, it totally ignored plurals, which is an amazing oversight. Though I guess it's fair since this wasn't exactly supposed to be played by people who would swear in english anyways.

I think a few plurals are in the swear list, but its most likely done that way so you don't have it block words like "assembly" and "screwdriver"

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Kessel posted:

I have been hankering to play a truly lovely game recently, and this looks anime as gently caress. I have a few questions!

1) I was watching a bunch of the class videos. Basically, I am coming from Guild Wars 2 and would like to jump around like a demented maniac shooting guns at things. Gonna assume that Gunner is a good class choice for this?

2) The MAG poo poo looks really confusing and I have literally never played any PSO-related game. I tried to read the MAG guide but honestly it's opaque as hell for new players. What is the best way to not screw this up?

On the bright side I live in Japan so the client download is really fast :v:

1: Gunner or ranger, You'll have to level ranger first to unlock Gunner anyway.

2: Pick which class and subclass you're going to play, and feed it weapons from that to raise thier attack stats. When the ABL/Dex stat starts getting too high (how much is too much is up to you), just alternate between feeding weapons and which ever healing item raises the attack you want.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Kessel posted:

Is there any non-obvious reason to use the shooter mode over the lock-on system besides "it's more fun"?

Rangers can get headshots on some enemies for more damage, and some bosses have weakpoints or breakable parts you can't lock on to. Forces can also use it to aim their talis somewhere for casting techs.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Protocol 5 posted:

locking on to an El Arda looks like you're locked on to the core, but your attacks will actually land above it. However, if you do unlocked Speed Reign or Slide End (for example) your attacks will be more likely to hit the core directly for much higher damage. This also works on De Marmos' hump with proper positioning (get right up next to him and jump) as well as Wolgada's eyespots.

For El Arda, it actually has 2 lock on targets, its weakpoint, and its center point right above it, using the tabkey/the right analogue stick will let you switch lock on spots. Almost all darkers with the exception of Hunar and Gu/Ga wondas have a seperate lock on point for their weakspot.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Its also worth noting that when an emergency code is completed, all current enemies run off and despawn. Since Advance quests have limited spawns and those precious capsule drops are 50-70k a piece, the better option is to stall the code or intentionally fail it until all spawning mobs are killed.

Tengames fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jun 4, 2013

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

When leveling a force, try to get a pumpkin rod( パンプキンロッド ) as soon as you can from the player shops. it can be used by any class (so you can use it while leveling your sub class up) and shouldn't be too expensive I think.

don't really worry about upgrading your weapons that much, just grind them to 3-5 until you get to hard mode, then grind the pumpkin rod or whatever weapon you want to 7 or higher if you're daring. Once you get to hard mode's tundra, you're gonna have to start grinding your units or be killed a lot from enemy attacks.(units are a lot easier to grind , and easy to get to +10) the 7 star elemental ones are cheaper now thanks to thier high extreme quest drop rate and will provide good def for the start of hard mode.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

We might be getting episode 2 next month, which will most likely include the new area, level cap, and possibly even the difficulty mode.

With the extreme quests, new falz with higher drops, and the boosted drop rate days, it looks like they're just giving everyone a last chance to get the rares they want before the new content arrives, and 11*s become the new 10*s and obsolete everything.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Umberger posted:

Plus they have to give everyone some time with the new class (I imagine Braver will be out on release day for Episode 2). If they released content only accessible at 60 then it's going to significantly cut in to the amount of people who will want to take the time to level a new class from 1.

Episode 2 is also reintroducing the playable duman race, so people are going to be starting from level one to begin with on new characters anyway. they'll likely introduce them both with the new planet which will have a normal mode mission for low levels to play from the start.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

for the next 23 hours, all rares have thier drop rate boosted by 50%! Enjoy finding absolutely nothing in that time span regardless. (good day to do some extreme quests or go hunting for 10* units to get grinders though)

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

maketakunai posted:

Yeah, I think you can run into this (not mine) there during a Duel if you get lucky(?).

Yeah, normally you're supposed to see that boss if you go to that spot(2 ragne's also show up there , but those might have been a placeholder before the boss was added)

vvv when I did it, I got a dark ragne code duel that changed over into a dark ragne code duel. Since all of free roam is a MPA, maybe another party killed it already?

Tengames fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jun 6, 2013

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Sega did an update stream last night and we got Some awesome new info on episode 2.Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5JWS23XwvU

• Dumans! They have horns and two different colored eyeballs. Now we have space demons along with our space elves.(free character slot)
  • Mini partners are back. Create your own mini me to have follow you around
  • you get a miniature room even if you don't have myroom.
  • Braver class with hanzo spacesteel and totally not monster hunter bows.
  • Beach party planet. Things are different there depending on the time of day.
  • All this next month. New difficulty mode in October. Also smartphone version betatest signup is starting

demonstration of new weapons
everything else I didn't mention

Tengames fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Jun 9, 2013

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Sega has been pretty nice of giving players free skill resets when they change stuff and compensaiton for lost days so it was expected they'd do this.

That said, they're totally just giving everyone another character to level because there's no new level cap until October and a lot of people have reached it in both their regular and subclasses by now.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

NextTime000 posted:

EDIT: someone just pointed this out to me

I don't want this to be real :(

Thats a chrome vita with 807 damage, which is the exact same amount as a +10 one with shoot 3 or mizer soul (the one in the image has a single affix added) Meaning that they haven't programmed in any damage boost from griding past +10 yet. It also has 13 element which is impossible on a rare anymore so its just a dev weapon. they did mention a revamp for item customization, but that isn't until December so we most likely weont be seeing grinding past 10 for a while.(hopefully)

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Protocol 5 posted:

Random thought: all of the Techs currently in the game are described as being either elementary (初級) or intermediate (中級), except Na Zan, which is advanced (上級), so it stands to reason that at some point they'll be putting in Na Techs at for the other elements, but leaves the question of what they'll do for Wind. All the other elements have some utility tech except Lightning, but it's hard to imagine what kind of effect a Wind utility Tech would have.

Na-techs for the other elements are listed in the data, and since wind inflicts mirage which affects accuracy, a potential support wind tech could buff dex/crit rate and damage/dodge rate possibly
and lighting has zondeel.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Protocol 5 posted:

It's kind of weird how they have dumped a ton of crappy low level all class rifles, launchers, and talismans into the game as Rappy drops, but any of the higher level all class weapons in those types that are actually worth using are super rare.

Having more all class weapons, or at least basic/advanced class, at 10 star rarity with less ATK than single class weapons, but still decent, would be really nice. The DF trade in weapons were probably supposed to be something like this, but their ATK is really terrible for 10 stars. Compare Chrome Rain, which tops out 592 R-ATK, with Holy Ray, which is the best rifle currently in game with 908. Having literally nothing at all in between is pretty dumb. Twin machine guns are definitely one of the worst, though Knuckles are also limited similarly, aside from the new 11 star knuckles that drop off XQ bosses. Lamda Aresvis tops out at 430 R ATK, Brave Knuckle tops out at 383 S ATK (though it's a once per character matter board drop). Wanna be Neo with your Ranger? Tough poo poo. Wanna be Terry Bogard with your Hunter? And maybe you'll win the lottery, too. Just puzzling.

it seemed like they were gonna make dex the stat for all class builds, but then they made 3 really nice hunter weapons then kinda dropped it. Its really kinda bizzarely random which are all class now.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

These masks are a thing of beauty. :allears:

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

they have EXP on the small icon and they're usable items, so its not hard to miss.

search 獲得経験値+50% if you want to buy them from player shops for 10k each
獲得経験値+75% is 30k which is slightly cheaper then buying photon spheres to exchange for them.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

ttocs7 posted:

WARK WARK WARK WARK WARK WARK WARK WARK WARK

It was a busy day yesterday, and I really like partying with NPC rangers. They can't keep themselves alive to do much damage, so having weak bullet bots to buff the poo poo out of my damage is a good thing. I basically cleared all of tunnels, floating continent and ruins yesterday (I just need to do the free exploration), finished subclass and fighter class quests. F18EF and Herb probably show similar things on their list, because they were other two that I kept using.

I think the only thing I didn't do was CB, because the dailies didn't reset for me until 3am.

e: And I realized that soloing everything is the worst way to play the game. It's way more interesting (and I think higher XP/h) by having a full party, even with bots. More ECs, higher XP per mob, etc.

Just don't bring bots into MPAs or you are the worst person.(they take up player slots)
Force bots are great too though, they can heal and zondeel enemies if they're set for it (sometimes buff too)

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

kirbysuperstar posted:

Yeah, you're telling me.

:barf: fuxxo
you think thats bad?

We got speedos incoming.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Schedules for the profound falz events and kuna concerts have been posted. someone has already made a nicer image then I could make showing the times

I love how falz's lasers are clipping through his own hands in the official sega screenshot.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Sega has put out some statistics about the game after its first year,ranging from percentage of players that used ____ class, to most commonly used photon arts and techs, all the way down to player character boob sizes.

edit: whoops forgot to close url tag

Tengames fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Jun 19, 2013

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

some of the tracks are good, some not so great. the background stage music is kinda meh but a lot of the boss themes are pretty good.

as for falz chat, here's the cheatsheet image. red arms are unbreakable, blue arms can be broken, green/brown need to be shocked to break.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Protocol 5 posted:

Seems that way. The consensus at the moment is that it has a higher drop rate, based on the fact that the number of 11 star drops is higher than the level 50 version. From personal experience, I've gotten an SW Nei Claw, a Gurre Bazooka, an Elder Fist, an Elder Rod, and an arm unit since it's been up. I've gotten a rare weapon off level 60 DF more often than not, albeit mostly Adaman Canes and Failnotes. It's possible there are super rare drops that no one has seen yet, but that's just speculation.
If it has a higher drop its not that much, the larger ammounts form the drop charts is most likely from the fact that its showing up 4 times a day on every single ship and everyone is dumping thier rare droprate up tickets on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

nerdz posted:

But apparently there will be new skills and PAs for all weapons and classes in two weeks so maybe those will open new possibilites. Imagine if they put something similar to mechgun's infinity fire PA on rifles. That would be scary.

I would kill for a gunner skill that lets me shoot weak bullet from mechguns. That would be the most imbalanced thing ever, though.

Edit: I also gotta remind people afraid of buying premium now that next week a 10% grind boost is in effect, which probably will be the only chance you'll ever get to decently grind 10* weapons in the near future. Don't forget to get those exchange tickets as soon as possible.

New PAs and Techs were shown off in a livestream and posted on youtube( the youtube video has since been removed). The rifle gets a huge point blank shot that propells you backwards, and gunners get to do a roundhouse kick instead of actually using the guns they're holding (launcher gets a flamethrower)

• Locked thread