Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
I've gotten back into this after playing back in open beta- it's seen a lot of improvements since then (though some of the client orders are still super grindy, but oh well)

Do the Japanese players on Block 2 mind having so many round-eyed barbarians in their game? :v: I keep having flashbacks of FFXI where many of them seemed allergic to even being in the general vicinity of english players (although I did meet more than enough that were friendly! :unsmith:)

All in all, just having fun playing a space elf warrior-mage (gently caress optimal builds!)

VVVV Well, that is a given. I hated the idiots in PSU who spammed shouts constantly.

Mewnie fucked around with this message at 22:32 on May 24, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
I'd love for Beasts to make a return in PSO2, but I'm happy with my space elf.

The invincibility blast for beasts was, IMHO, the only one worth taking. You could still die if you used the other ones- but with the blue one, you just had to run in and start wailing away until it wore off.

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
I think you can still select my name in the team list and choose Go To Room.

Not only is there a nearly full set of instruments, but you can also relax to the soothing sounds of a dozen washing machines quietly rumbling.

Chibs posted:

This literally happened.

Video

Disgusting.

haha the music in the background peaked at the perfect time when the rappy bomb happened.

e: Sadly, I think those rappies were just more PSOW spergs :(

Mewnie fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jun 23, 2013

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
That makes a lot more sense now. I always thought you had to attack the arms in a very specific order.

Huh! At least I can hit the right arms without feeling as bad now :V

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
Oh, if anyone is wondering how some of those crazy detailed Symbol Arts are made, I found this little thing.

I don't know how it works exactly, since I'm not at home- but the general gist seems to be it adds an overlay of an image you can trace the SA objects with.

Figure this out and a whole slew of frog and dog emotes will flow forth! :woop:

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
Yeah, GameGuard is the worst. Although I discovered, at least with my G13 and G600 mouse, that they will work if I stick to the default profile. So I just configured the default to PSO2 :v: I find the mouse + G13 is much easier to Ranger with than the 360 controller, so I actually enjoy playing my Ranger now :unsmith:

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
Posted this in IRC, but putting here because finding gems like this in Free Partners is the greatest thing ever.

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
Schu looks about to fall over backwards at any moment.

This update is great.

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
This whole update:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8ju_10NkGY

Anyone gotten the male cast set yet? I wanna see it in game. I guess I could grab it and put it on Bayoh but :effort:

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge

Umberger posted:

One other thing worth mentioning for those that don't check Bumped/the official site often: "a new boost event for the Beach Wars Emergency Quest will increase the rare enemy appearance rate by 50% from now until August 18th @ 24:00 JST." So now will likely be a really good time to get level 11+ versions of Sacred Skewer and Backhand Smash. Neither of them have a 10->11 jump but oh well. Maybe the rare flower lizard will be capable of spawning in PSE Bursts and then it will be A Good EQ. I only ever saw Org Blan and a Zeshrayda, has anyone seen any other bosses there?

Would it be possible for us ship 2 goons to organise an EQ run on an underused block and just :goon: the map in the hopes of clearing it and then farming it to our hearts content?

Of course, it all depends on what time the EQ is scheduled at.

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge

fuxxo posted:

That seems like a very good price.

Very good- the site I went to had a 10-12 dollar markup on 5000 AC cards.

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge

Kessel posted:

If you aim for a specific dropped weapon in this game, all that awaits you is disappointment.

^^^^ times one thousand. I was hoping for an Agito to drop during the EQ and I ended up spending all my money on emotes and more clothes after giving up in frustration :smith:

So there's newer, more common 10* katanas now? How is the market for them atm? Are they as wildly overpriced as the two 10* at the start of the summer?

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
Time to up the element on your +10 :v:

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
So that means I could make a souped up Braver Vita sword and board weapon. It was always my favourite.

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
I kinda like the goofy translations of names and stuff. Like it's a mutated future English.

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
English offline SA editor/creator

Let's get to work, goons.

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
While servers are still down, I dug through my screenshots folder!

Big Bird plus bonus pinkcast

A JP pubby I've seen a few times while doing AO lately. Finally found him in the lobby for a picture :toot:

The :pcgaming:PARTY TURTLE:pcgaming: Those pubbies and I danced on that turtle for a good five minutes until the rest of the MPA found us.

And an oldie: Free Partner Roulette jackpot!

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
Yeah, at first I was all "Wait, so I will lose boost time while preparing?" But when it was explained to me that it's only while the quest is active, it's not so bad- since I enter asap, it won't really effect me. Well, perhaps a couple of seconds on the first run when I'm getting everything ready.

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge

kirbysuperstar posted:

It's more utility than it seems, but.. yeah. It's better with max gear, but sword gear is really terrible and needs a hefty adjustment to its gain/decay.

Being said, it is a decent PA string opener.

Yeah, GB is pretty good for getting into the fight. Start it from mid-air for mad air dashes.

Also a shame about sword gear. If it could charge up from PA hits, it'd be a start. Fixing the decay would be better. I dropped it,
cause in MPAs you'll never get more that 1/5 a bar and :laffo: at meleeing with normal attacks when everything dies so fast.

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
Yeah, AIDA is a pro programmer whose programs run smoothly and never cau- ahaha sorry.

I just manually patch the translation files and skip the tweaker entirely. Worst case scenario,
if you botch it, is having to verify and re-download game files.

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
So apparently, if you fill up your friend partner with nothing but ilfoie, it becomes the destroyer of worlds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nH1ZxCCcVsw

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge

Valatar posted:

Is there a lobby other than 20 where english speakers congregate? Because Jesus gently caress, the assortment of pedophiles and ERPer weeaboos in 20 would make starfleet dental collectively break out in hives. I would pay Sega good money just to give me a fire extinguisher that could be used in the lobby. There's a full-time game just in hosing down anyone who yells any variant of, "I am senpai's slave kawaii desu!"

That is 90% of the English community right there.

Buckle in, it's going to be a wild ride.

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
8 am mountain this morning.. hmmm E: nevermind, 21:00 today, so that's 6 am :shepicide: E2: I am dumb, I was looking at the White Day event calendar.

Those times aren't too bad, for the most part. Does Japan not do DST or do they change at a different time?

Mewnie fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Mar 12, 2014

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
Blu isn't too bad. Just that stupid one shot dual cyclone attack it does. If you're caught off guard, kiss your rear end goodbye.

Dark Ragnes- Because those stupid leg swipes, combined with the energy geysers, means I can get clipped at the worst times. Also because the legs have an annoying tendency to cancel lock-on if they move out of the screen for even a fraction of a second. And since Ragne is so big, that happens a lot :tizzy: Focus Shunka on a leg would be so much easier if I could maintain a lock on.

Dragonkin- So many Amduscia TACOs have instilled a burning hatred of these little fuckers. "I am help kill darker. Ooops I kill u :downs:"

Dagash- gently caress these guys. Especially when they're in packs. Suddenly, fish flying in from all corners of your peripheral to kill you.

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
Sadly, a lot of the units don't sell for squat.

A couple of the EC drop ones sell for a fair bit. Like Leg/Ing or whatever it's called.

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
So is GameGuard throwing up errors every time I start the game going to be a new thing now?

Seems like it detects translated files and flags them- the game still loads up fine, but I'm wondering if this isn't some dragnet to get rid of foreign players
Or it's just GameGuard being GameGuard. Yes it's GameGuard being GameGuard- loaded the game up again and no errors.

Still, :tinfoil:

Mewnie fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Mar 19, 2014

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
It's funny because it's true :smith:

Oh, found an image comparing the range of Overend and this new one

:stare:

Mewnie fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Mar 23, 2014

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge

Captain Keene posted:

Many apologies to Mewnie, Shady, and Sitnotl for last night. My internet crapped out mid-TACOs and when it didn't come back on that seemed like the cue for me to go to sleep.

We waited for a bit, and then went on. Invited your friend partner version, so at least you were there in spirit :911:

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
Yeah, not digging that root time.

Also, I hear it's worthless vs bosses and mini-bosses.

Hunters :dawkins101:

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
pee ess oh dubya dot jay peg :stare:

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge

Surprise Noodle posted:

I'd like to be able to say that is the dumbest thing I've seen on POSW, but honestly, I'm not even sure that cracks the top ten.

Oh I know- back in 2008 or so there was a thread that was basically "Age of consent, what is it good for?" :pedo:

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge

Captain Keene posted:

Is that from the Justice thread? What in the blue hell is going on there.

No, it's from a thread about building a tank/defensive oriented hunter.

Of course, PSOW being PSOW, it veers off into optimal builds and :spergin:

Also :godwin:

e: real game talk: reading about ilbarta and all the recent techs makes me want to try teaching again. Need a team of tech users freezing everything to death :getin:

Mewnie fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Mar 27, 2014

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
Well, from what I've gathered, ilbarta stacks up to seven times. The first four casts increase at a small scale, then the fifth starts at 400%, then the seventh and last is at an 800% modifier, whereupon the count starts all over again.

Of course, multiple people casting it speeds up this count, although it can be done solo.

I guess this is how Sega fixes ice techs- by releasing a stupidly powerful tech :v:

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
Meseta and luck, isn't it? :v:

Well, lots of meseta.

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
So that Maidoll person tried Sacrifice Bite in the new EQ.

:smith:

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
I've noticed in the past month that load times after exiting missions has become worse and worse.

I wasn't sure if it was latency but upon entering the lobby the game just chugs for a few seconds. As if it's struggling to load everything.

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
Guessing that red is what's considered best, green is okay and blue is total poo poo.

Hey, at least Rifles jumped up quite a bit :unsmith:

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
Nice, OTP storage is 200.

No reason not to take the OTP, unless you don't have a phone :v:

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge

Shady3011 posted:

Man. The drama over at PSO-W right now is hilarious, and it has nothing to do with this update.

I missed this? What happened? What was the trigger to their autism? :suspense:

e: There it is. Hoooooooly shiiiiiiiiit :stonk:

Mewnie fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Apr 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
Yeah, like I said in IRC: it's hilarious seeing the people who circled the wagons when I poo poo-trolled the Justice thread turn on each other like a pack of ravenous animals. :haw:

e: what I mean is that PSO-Ws community is poo poo :smuggo:

• Locked thread